Sign in to follow this  
Mister Positive

Nigel Pearson checks in

Hi all very disappointed that we didn''t get Paul Jewell as I hoped and towards the end believed, but after some thought and the way Glenn conducted himself, I''am well happy sure he will do a good job. Anyway to the news Nigel Pearson has just checked in to Dunston Hall (fact) so a great no.2 in place by the looks of it.

If that''s true it would certainly appear to be a good appointment. I can believe that it might happen too given that he''s ''merely'' a coach at Newcastle whereas we can give him the opporunity of an assistant manager role (assuming that''s what Glenn wants him to be).

Roeder, Pearson and Bond - sounds quite good really so here''s hoping it happens. If so, maybe we can put all the doom and gloom to one side... until Sunday anyway!

Can you explain to me how coach of Newcastle to coach of Norwich is a promotion? Because that''s what GR said - that for the people he had in mind, the Norwich coaching job would be a promotion from their current positions. For both of the two he has in mind.

[quote user="Mister Positive"]Hi all very disappointed that we didn''t get Paul Jewell as I hoped and towards the end believed, but after some thought and the way Glenn conducted himself, I''am well happy sure he will do a good job. Anyway to the news Nigel Pearson has just checked in to Dunston Hall (fact) so a great no.2 in place by the looks of it.[/quote]

''Fact'' - or just another I saw so and so at so and so etc. etc. ??

Please give us your source. At the moment nothing official to confirm this at all.

[quote user="Yellow Rider"]

[quote user="Mister Positive"]Hi all very disappointed that we didn''t get Paul Jewell as I hoped and towards the end believed, but after some thought and the way Glenn conducted himself, I''am well happy sure he will do a good job. Anyway to the news Nigel Pearson has just checked in to Dunston Hall (fact) so a great no.2 in place by the looks of it.[/quote]

''Fact'' - or just another I saw so and so at so and so etc. etc. ??

Please give us your source. At the moment nothing official to confirm this at all.

[/quote]Could be a tricky one to prove, that.  Do you want a photocopy of the checking in sheet from the Hotel ?  How about photographs ?How far can you go to prove a rumour like that before it becomes news ?

So tell us more, do you work there, were you just drinking there or did you hear from someone, who knows someone who saw him there?

[quote user="cityangel"]

So tell us more, do you work there, were you just drinking there or did you hear from someone, who knows someone who saw him there?

[/quote]

Bet you''re a copper [;)]

[quote user="a1canary"]Can you explain to me how coach of Newcastle to coach of Norwich is a promotion? Because that''s what GR said - that for the people he had in mind, the Norwich coaching job would be a promotion from their current positions. For both of the two he has in mind.
[/quote]

The way I see it is that Pearson would go from being a coach at Newcastle to an assistant manager here. So the promotion would be in terms of his job title rather than anything to do with the merits of the two clubs. I think.

[quote user="Shack Attack"]

[quote user="a1canary"]Can you explain to me how coach of Newcastle to coach of Norwich is a promotion? Because that''s what GR said - that for the people he had in mind, the Norwich coaching job would be a promotion from their current positions. For both of the two he has in mind.[/quote]

The way I see it is that Pearson would go from being a coach at Newcastle to an assistant manager here. So the promotion would be in terms of his job title rather than anything to do with the merits of the two clubs. I think.

[/quote]Hmmm, ok. I''m not convinced though - fact is he''d be number 2 here and he''s number 2 where he is now. We shall see! Here''s hoping...

Could be a big fish small pond thing.  I was reading yesterday that Big Sam took a big team with him from Bolton to Newcastle, something like 24 staff.  Sport Scientists, nutriotionists, scouts too I''d imagine.  It''s no wonder Sammy Lee struggled, Big Sam cleaned Bolton out.

anyone considered he''s come down to do a bit of Scouting work for Newcastle? perhaps just visiting roeder and wishing him all the best before Newcastles next game?

jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

anyone considered he''s come down to do a bit of Scouting work for Newcastle? perhaps just visiting roeder and wishing him all the best before Newcastles next game?

jas :)

[/quote] Sorry Jas... who is he scouting? Murray? Lappin?

The source of this is that I have a friend who works there and they rang me last night to say Nigel was there. Its true he could just be down visiting Glenn, but maybe not, would Sam want his people in?

I don''t know what, or who to believe anymore, next it will be that Gazza is our new fitness coach, that would certainly go down well with Mr Hartson!

Not trying to cause a problem but havent a few of us already distinguished that Mister Positive is really the harleston1993 guy that we decided was just a lost ipswich fan?

this would make sense, if sammy lee were to join newc as he was no2 at bolton and no doubt became very good friends with big sam, and dont forget pearson would be the last of the old staff there so newc would have a clean setup under big sam

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]

[quote user="wazanator"]its true he is a duston hall[/quote]

He is? Remind me to shout at him when I see him, "Oi Nigel! You''re a duston hall!".

[/quote]

To be said in a comedy cockney accent for best effect...

Today is the day we will find out who Glenn''s assistants are going to be (if he is as good as his word). He said he wanted to get his assistants in place for the Binners game, so we will find out why Peasrson was down here. Also Mr Bucketman I am a card carrying member of Norwich City Football Club, and  live breathe and think all things NCFC, if some of you have decided I am a six fingered freak from across the great divide then you are very,very much wrong

Looks as if he got lost on the way to Colney so GR called the boy Clark in! I would have preferred Pearson personally - loads more experience at different levels in the coaching / management side but if Clark has all the right attributes then get it on.