Sign in to follow this  
Web Team - Vince

Man in the Stands pre-derby special

ive always wondered wen i get the pinkun ... who the hell is ''the man'' !!!!!!!!!

it always says ''the man'' says ... who on earth is he!

We are playing grubby little debt-dodging Ipswich Town on Sunday.....

Of course, The Man is not talking about the sort of antics which saw Ipswich fans invade the pitch (again) and punch some of our players after the Ullathorne back pass...

These are just two examples of the many things over the years that make us sooooooooo much better than them. Over the years we have seen many more examples of  poor behaviour and cheating from those suffolk binmen. Older fans will remember the "night of the sand pails" where club officials cheated on an icy pitch. I have been told this story many times but wasn''t there so I won''t comment further, maybe Arrdee will tell us the tale. Lets fill this thread about all the things that make us better than them[Y]

We know we are better than them, even if we were bottom of the league with no points and no goals we would be better than them. However despondent we are feeling right now we should remember that they have "thrown it all away" on a much bigger scale than we ever have, and however bleak things may seem now it''s a fact that the cream always rises to the top and the dregs always end up at the bottom.

CITY  TILL  DIE

[quote user="ipswichrscum"]

ive always wondered wen i get the pinkun ... who the hell is ''the man'' !!!!!!!!!

it always says ''the man'' says ... who on earth is he!

[/quote]

I have  also been wondering that. I expect it must be a Archant Journo'' who is obviously a big City fan but maybe not on the sports desk.

You want to reveal his identity Vince???

Nutty Nigel I think you have lost your marbles......Look at the curent league table and Be careful when you say "The cream always rises to the top and the dregs end up at the bottom"........

Isn''t the Stig a former F1 driver?

However, the Man''s identity will always remain a mystery (and no, it''s not me)

They had to name the Stig in the accident report when Richard Hammond crashed that landspeed thingy - former Formula 3 driver Ben Collins (although it has been confirmed that there have been "more than one" driver play the Stig in the past)

Good speech by the Man, too. I suggest he adds to it that every person in Norfolk take their Yellow Pages to their shredders in preperation for when the teams run out of the tunnel.

[quote user="Baggie"]Nutty Nigel I think you have lost your marbles......Look at the curent league table and Be careful when you say "The cream always rises to the top and the dregs end up at the bottom"........[/quote]

That''s the way of it I''m afraid young Baggie Boy. Just like in Englands second city where, regardless of league positions at any given time, Villa will always be the cream and WBA will always be the dregs. Form is temporary but class is permanent my friend.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

We are playing grubby little debt-dodging Ipswich Town on Sunday.....

Of course, The Man is not talking about the sort of antics which saw Ipswich fans invade the pitch (again) and punch some of our players after the Ullathorne back pass...

These are just two examples of the many things over the years that make us sooooooooo much better than them. Over the years we have seen many more examples of  poor behaviour and cheating from those suffolk binmen. Older fans will remember the "night of the sand pails" where club officials cheated on an icy pitch. I have been told this story many times but wasn''t there so I won''t comment further, maybe Arrdee will tell us the tale. Lets fill this thread about all the things that make us better than them[Y]

We know we are better than them, even if we were bottom of the league with no points and no goals we would be better than them. However despondent we are feeling right now we should remember that they have "thrown it all away" on a much bigger scale than we ever have, and however bleak things may seem now it''s a fact that the cream always rises to the top and the dregs always end up at the bottom.

CITY  TILL  DIE

[/quote]

I think the game to which you refer Nutty, was 1964/65. It was not a night game but a Satursay afternoon if my memory is correct.

It was a very cold day in January and the goalmouth we were defending was like an ice rink. Our defenders were slipping all over the place and it was no surprise when we went in at half time 2-0 down. However we were not despondant because we thought Ipswich would have the same problems in the second half. Suddenly a couple of groundsmen came out and sprinkled sand on the icey areas. A City fan jumped on the pitch and kicked one of the buckets over, mayhem ensued, crowd trouble, police intervention, the lot.

The second half was played out and no further slipping problems in the Ipswich defence. We lost 3-0.

Those were much more innocent times and most City fans were fairly neutral in their feelings towards Ipswich in those days. Since that day however I have detested those cheating b!!!!!!!!!ds  with a vengeance.

[quote user="Web Team - Pete"]The Man''s identity will always remain a mystery...[/quote]

somebody told me a few years ago it was Andy Rivett-Carnac, who i believe used to write for the Pinkun didnt he? never heard of the chap personally and i dunno if its him or not.. fair play if it is.

I personally reckon its someone who we read daily in the paper, who is indeed on the employ of Archant and works on the sports desk.

jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[quote user="Web Team - Pete"]The Man''s identity will always remain a mystery...[/quote]

somebody told me a few years ago it was Andy Rivett-Carnac, who i believe used to write for the Pinkun didnt he? never heard of the chap personally and i dunno if its him or not.. fair play if it is.

I personally reckon its someone who we read daily in the paper, who is indeed on the employ of Archant and works on the sports desk.

[/quote]

Who told you that?

Yeah, he was The Man before he left Archant (or Eastern Counties Newspaper Group as it was then) , went to London to find his fame and fortune on internet radio and in TV production. Unfortunately not in the same universe as Peter Cullum and if he ever does make it there, he wouldn''t blink before bankrolling NCFC... a True fan & one of the original GOSSY boys (T''s & wigs).

Not like these newbie media/insurance types jumping on and off the Canary bandwagon.

His son Louis used to be on a video uploaded onto this site singing OTBC[;)]

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

Jon Day of Y''Army fanzine was what I heard . . .

[quote user="walks on water"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

Who told you that?

Yeah, he was The Man before he left Archant (or Eastern Counties Newspaper Group as it was then) , went to London to find his fame and fortune on internet radio and in TV production. Unfortunately not in the same universe as Peter Cullum and if he ever does make it there, he wouldn''t blink before bankrolling NCFC... a True fan & one of the original GOSSY boys (T''s & wigs).

Not like these newbie media/insurance types jumping on and off the Canary bandwagon.

[/quote]

Just some bloke i was chatting to in Squares once told me..

also, a bit of detective work.... Rivett-Carncas article was on the page next to "man in the stands" in the pinkun... and they were both written in Exactly the same style! Surely if his identity was meant to be secret then putting 2 similary written articles slap bang next to each other in the publication isnt the way to do it!

does Andy come to Carrow Road much?

Wow, what a speech from The MITS! That should be handed out

and made compulsory reading for every Norwich player pre-game.

Norfolk Expects…

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="walks on water"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

Who told you that?

[/quote]

Just some bloke i was chatting to in Squares once told me..

also, a bit of detective work.... Rivett-Carncas article was on the page next to "man in the stands" in the pinkun... and they were both written in Exactly the same style! Surely if his identity was meant to be secret then putting 2 similary written articles slap bang next to each other in the publication isnt the way to do it!

does Andy come to Carrow Road much?

[/quote]

Last time I saw him was ages ago at the Forum , 

& we''re not in touch so I don''t really know.

Bet he''ll be at Carra tomorrow tho   ; )

Don''t like wishing my life away BUT !

CAN''T WAIT

[quote user="ricardo"]

I think the game to which you refer Nutty, was 1964/65. It was not a night game but a Satursay afternoon if my memory is correct.

It was a very cold day in January and the goalmouth we were defending was like an ice rink. Our defenders were slipping all over the place and it was no surprise when we went in at half time 2-0 down. However we were not despondant because we thought Ipswich would have the same problems in the second half. Suddenly a couple of groundsmen came out and sprinkled sand on the icey areas. A City fan jumped on the pitch and kicked one of the buckets over, mayhem ensued, crowd trouble, police intervention, the lot.

The second half was played out and no further slipping problems in the Ipswich defence. We lost 3-0.

Those were much more innocent times and most City fans were fairly neutral in their feelings towards Ipswich in those days. Since that day however I have detested those cheating b!!!!!!!!!ds  with a vengeance.

[/quote]

Thanks for posting that Ricardo, I am sure you are right about it being a Saturday afternoon. You are now the third person to have told me this story and each version is exactly the same. Apparently in amongst the groundstaff people were suited club officials who obviously instigated this cheating. This should be remembered by posters use these cheating b!!!!!ds to score points against our club.

It must be something about the old blue and white because I have never forgiven everton for relegating us by allowing Coventry to turn them over about a month after we completed our fixtures in 1985. I think it was after that we got the rule about the season ending at the same time for all clubs. I have detested them ever since too!

Bear a grudge? .... Not ''arf[H]