Sign in to follow this  
Blainsey

Why I am starting to warm to Roeder....

results will tell ultimately....

I was extremely disappointed with the appointment of Roeder (i dont need to regurgitate these arguements) however, since his appointment I have seen something that I have not seen since, well i dont know when, and that is a Premiership attitude adopted by a manager toward the club.

Roeder understands what is requisite to be a premiership club and from listening to various interviews, reading press reports and seeing his actions so far I am beginning to see the seeds of a new club being sown. He wants to make this club a premiership one and is now starting to put into place structures and policies necessary to achieve this.

the first line of this thread says it all really.....but i am starting to come around......

Agreed.

I was pleased with the Roeder appointment but not over the moon. As you state results will tell, but with the quick signing of Lee Clark and the on loan of a Centre back, something Grant couldn''t get this shows me that Glens contacts in the Prem are very handy to have.

with 30+ games to go I''m sure we can get out of this hole.

up the city

Me too to be honest.  I was a bit deflated when Roeder''s name was announced, but in just a few days he''s made a decent loan signing and brought in Lee Clarke.  I went over to one of the NUFC fan forums and the vast majority were saying that Roeder was a good manager for NUFC.  They said he was a decent bloke who did well for them until was effectively hung out to dry by ''our fat departed Chairman''.  He had had only £15 million given to him as opposed to Souness'' £50, and some of that was what he''d gained through player sales.  Also, they said that he had had extreme bad luck in the number of injuries his squad had picked up. He did especially well with their youth and  brought them on, which is clearly good news for us with some good kids waiting in the wings.

Thoroughly agree Blainsey - I think the first couple of games will be a settling in period looking at the players seeing how they perform so i dont think you can really judge him on those games but like you I think he will come good

I''m glad people are warming to him and are willing to give him a chance. He''s came across as proffesional, knowledgable, and we know he''s quite a calm, thoughtful manager, something we need after all the public criticizing of individuals and windmill style arm waving of the previous regime.

He''s dumped Duffy which was a good start, it shows that he means business, he''s acted quickly to bring in Lee Clark, who in his prime was a top player, and thought of highly enough that Sam Allardyce kept jim when he took over. A good appointment. He''s also speaking well in the press, he''s publically backed Shackall, he''s trying to get the respect of key players to get them firing (e.g Huckerby). He''s also already brought in a centre half, something that we havent done in two years previous to his appointment, though it has always been needed. He''s already identified we need cover at left back now, so he''s not one to play people out of position. No mention from him of Murray being a left back, and he says lappin isnt either.

I''m very encouraged indeed

Actions speak louder than words but, CRIkkeyyyYY I have been impressed with what Hot Roed has had to say so far, hopefull he can put it effectivly into action!

I agree I wasn''t happy with his appointment at first but after thinking about it we were always going to employ an out of work manager and were never really going to get Jewell so Roeder was really the best choice and has a decent record when coming into a bad situation and the appointment of lee Clark shows some ambition to recruit talent.

I''m not saying this will spark a Ncfc revival but am more positive than before but time will tell.

Scaringly I agree. At first I was angry but that may have been down to the dissapointment of not getting Jewell. The more Roeder saids and does the (very slowly) more I am impressed. But as you say, results are everything!

Didnt Grant say the very same about wanting Norwich to be a Premiership club?

I must admit i have more faith in Roeder than i ever had with worthless or grunt,but as you quite rightly say results will tell.

All we can hope for is that he is the man for the job!

P.S Just for anyone who thinks i have gone a bit soppy, i still havent managed to listen to one of roeders interviews without falling asleep halfway through!

Staying in the Championship this year will be a start and a not insignificant achievement. Thank goodness there''s some pretty mediocre teams in this league who, hopefully, we can skip past during the next few months. At the moment, that 50 point safety mark looks a long way away especially if Roeder hasn''t been able to correct the downward spiral we''ve been in before the next two rather tricky-looking games.    

I am also feeling more positive about Roeder''s appointment now the dust has settled a bit. There''s no doubt though, that Glenn has an extremely difficult task ahead in steering the club away from relegation. Who ever had been appointed, even Paul Jewell, he would have had a massive job trying to turn the Canaries'' fortunes round. If we could only somehow snatch those three vital points tomorrow it would do wonders for the confidence and optimism of everybody; whether they are fans, players, manager or the board. I feel pretty sure that if we can win tomorrow, the team could start on a bit of a roll and we just might avoid the awful prospect of relegation.

same here, at first i thought what! but then like you i listened to his interviews,read press comments about all his contacts and friends in football. and thought yer, this could be the real deal! 

he wants what we want a prem footie club, and look how quick he has brought in a new coach and defender (at last). and things in football only move that quick if you have friends. so it may take  a while but im now right behind roeder!

GLEN ROEDERS GREEN YELLOW ARMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Coz somebody set fire to his trousers this morning.....

This really does show how gullible some folk are.  He''s done nothing and said nothing so far...so how can you possibly begin to "warm" to "nothing"?......

Maybe because first impressions do count for quite a lot in most walks of life... and he has made a decent first impression... which if followed up with a victory this weekend could boost morale massively. Time will tell though, as always.

[quote user="CLUCK"]

Coz somebody set fire to his trousers this morning.....

This really does show how gullible some folk are.  He''s done nothing and said nothing so far...so how can you possibly begin to "warm" to "nothing"?......

[/quote]To an extent, agreed.But he''s bought in a descent enough centre back andagood assistant manager IMO.

The fact is  we can speculate till the cows come home.We have,over the course of the next week 3 VERY difficult games.Scum (who are on the crest of a wave) and top of the league Watford at home.Then Plymouth(never easy) away.

If we can get 5 or more pts from these games,then I''ll regard THAT as a good start.

BUT...without being defeatist about it,it''s not beyond the realms of possibility that we''ll get a big fat ZERO.  Then ,we''d almost certainly be in a position that GR and LC would have to be true miracle workers to keep us up.

Only then will we be able to make a true assessment of their start in the job.