Sign in to follow this  
MyGodWeArePoorToWatch

When will be treated like adults on here ?

I know of no other BB where each post has to be moderated before its allowed.

This makes it a 9 - 5 board, very boring indeed.

I think you should trust the members, give moderator powers to a few trusted long time members, that way we can enjoy this board how it should be.

Its a sad world that you feel so insecure that each post must be first approved.

Come on guys sort it out for the pinkun comunity.

[quote user="the1englishman"]

I think you should trust the members, give moderator powers to a few trusted long time members, that way we can enjoy this board how it should be.

Its a sad world that you feel so insecure that each post must be first approved.

[/quote]*laughs*

..............I think you should trust the members, give moderator powers to a few trusted long time members, that way we can enjoy this board how it should be..........

[/quote]

Yes, good call.........I think Neil Cluckcaster ( formerly merely k/a Cluck ) and Smudger are outstanding candidates for starters....  

Your post was obviously posted outside of the 9-5 timespan and it''s 8.15pm and I''m reading it...pointless post?

I do recall that the moderators work from home on occasions as well...

It makes me smile that this board is moderated but still we get any old slanderous or insulting nonsense posted on here at times.! [:)]

There is going to come a time when someone gets sued for what they post!

As someone who pots more regularly on the official canaries.co.uk board I have to say that it is the moderation on here which sets it apart as somewhere more reasoned lengthy argument can take place.

Whilst I will always prefer the banter on there, I do enjoy reading certain threads on here.

As for moderation I''ve either got more reserved or they have got more relaxed as I get hardly anything edited these days.

A helpful suggestion would be if Pete and Vince could check and correct the spelling and grammar as that would really raise standards!

I don''t see what''s wrong with having it "unmoderated" - of course, if there''s any trouble then the mods can still step in and sort it out, but it would stop a lot of the multiple threads on the same subject for a start. And it''s not that difficult to moderate a forum in this way.

And some option to edit your own posts would be nice, as well as being able to go to the first post in a thread you haven''t read rather than reading it from the start to make sure you haven''t missed any.

In short, the forum software is rubbish, certainly compared to some others that I''m on.

[quote user=""]

I have to say that it is the moderation on here which sets it apart as somewhere more reasoned lengthy argument can take place.

[/quote]

I think that''s why i prefer it. Years ago i use to go on the official canaries board but don''t bother now. The ''unmoderated'' forums can get filled up with boring 1 word arguments reminiscent of an IM conversation!. Because this is moderated the way it is i think posters put more effort into their posts.

And talking of arguments...It''s RamsAy!

The sheer fact that this board is moderated is what makes it one of the most successful and popular boards in the country !!

They''re still miserable b.............s   [:D]

If they allow some of the sensible long-timers that are registered here to be moderators then any rubbish could be removed within a short space of time.We would then have a more "live" board than we currently use.I do however, like this forum. It''s a good suggestion on how it could be better though.

Actually, I like the delay in updating posts.  I often like to post late at night as this gives me something worthwhile and interesting to read in the morning.

[quote user="King Juan of Spain"]

"When will be treated like adults on here ?"

When you start behaving like adults?

[/quote]

Boo hoo hoo Princess Juanquer........

i have seen posts approved to the board at 3am sometimes.. so its hardly a 9-5 board is it? I commend all the moderators for being up in the wee small hours wading through some of the tripe on here and posting it up!

Dedication for certain! well done mods!

(fivers in the post chaps ok????)

jas :)

[/quote]Because Messageboards are notoriously full of Idiots and immature morons. If you ever moderated a Forum you''d understand the issues involved with it. I know I''m no angel myself but at least I try to conduct myself with a bit of decorum.I know its cliche but you''ll get treated like adults if we behaved like it, but this is like saying the world will be at peace when everyone can get along, its never going to happen.

POO POO WILLY PLOP PLOP POO...BOTTOM BOTTOM....POO POO WILLY PLOP PLOP POO...OH DOODA GAY......

Just testing......       [Y]

CLUCK wrote the following post at 02/11/2007 4:03 PM:

POO POO WILLY PLOP PLOP POO...BOTTOM BOTTOM....POO POO WILLY PLOP PLOP POO...OH DOODA GAY......

Just testing......  I know you are but what am i [:P]

[quote user="Chopper Harris"]ADVICE - go and post on WOTB if you want an unmoderated forum
[/quote]

Is reading thoroughly a little difficult for you ?

Go back re read my post then EDIT yours matey.

Thanks.

And as to the others that say posts are appearing at 3 am sometimes, well thats the exception not the rule, how many threads do we see asking if the mods are on strike because for hours no new posts appear ??

This is not a dig at the mods by the way, i just think that there is a need for a more fluid BB.

Nothing wrong with that.

[quote user="Chopper Harris"]ADVICE - go and post on WOTB if you want an unmoderated forum
[/quote]

Thanks.

And as to the others that say posts are appearing at 3 am sometimes, well thats the exception not the rule, how many threads do we see asking if the mods are on strike because for hours no new posts appear ??

This is not a dig at the mods by the way, i just think that there is a need for a more fluid BB.

Nothing wrong with that.

[/quote]

It''s just fine as it is and the reason why so many of us bother with it. The mods let alot of dubious stuff through each day and on the whole treat us like grown ups.....but it''s a bit of fun acting the kid every now and then and pushing the boundaries......

If the boundaries weren''t there...it would simply resort to name calling and insults. Something we never want to see on here.       [;)]

[quote user="CLUCK"][quote user="the1englishman"]

[/quote]

Thanks.

Nothing wrong with that.

[/quote]

It''s just fine as it is and the reason why so many of us bother with it. The mods let alot of dubious stuff through each day and on the whole treat us like grown ups.....but it''s a bit of fun acting the kid every now and then and pushing the boundaries......

If the boundaries weren''t there...it would simply resort to name calling and insults. Something we never want to see on here.       [;)]

[/quote]

Do we not Cluck???

Well I am rather shocked if that is the case... what I like seeing is some thought process having to be put in to the name calling... but hey I think that some of the insults that people come up with on here are fantastic (including may of the ones that have been aimed at myself over the last year or so).

Insults and name calling are part and parcel of message board banter and always will be... [:D]

I am rather sure that even this post will result in a few insults being hurled in my direction...

I think its a shame that a couple of people on here can''t be trusted to moderate the site when the mods are busy.

Take this weekend, its the ''derby'' weekend and this morning the posts werent updated between 8am ish and 11.15am and Celia has already said they''ll all be out tonight at their Archant due, so presumeably there will be no-one to update anything tonight either.

I''m not having a go at the mods either cause I think they do a difficult job and I know they mod posts after 5.30pm in their own time just seems a shame that people are willing to help but can''t.

[quote user="Smudger"]

Insults and name calling are part and parcel of message board banter and always will be...

[/quote]

They are? Not on the forums I visit they''re not.

[quote user="cityangel"]

I think its a shame that a couple of people on here can''t be trusted to moderate the site when the mods are busy.

Take this weekend, its the ''derby'' weekend and this morning the posts werent updated between 8am ish and 11.15am and Celia has already said they''ll all be out tonight at their Archant due, so presumeably there will be no-one to update anything tonight either.

I''m not having a go at the mods either cause I think they do a difficult job and I know they mod posts after 5.30pm in their own time just seems a shame that people are willing to help but can''t.

[/quote]

Yeah...like we want you in control of things don''t we?  Fox in charge of the chickens and all that.....

There are plenty of other sites with 24 hour un-moderated forums if you want to read your own words instantly. This is not an official "fans forum" as such.....and is just an extension of Archant''s EDP web-site where you can discuss everything from sea defences to bus shelters. There is much more to read in the Pinkun than simply how NCFC are getting on....and it''s just the same on here. Allowing any Tom Dick or Harry to sift through the posts would rapidly lead to legal issues for Archant and bias of opinion.  

Maybe the moderators do update "after hours"...but it is also part of their day job and many of us have to take home with us. It is more than likely an "obligation" that goes with the job....and we all know how employers like to get something "extra" out of their staff for nothing. They are doing just fine in my opinion.

There is life outside of this little forum CA....and so when the moderators are unavailable due to real life getting in the way, we should simply switch off and do something else like catching up with the ironing or doing a bit of housework.......

[quote user="Web Team - Pat"]Seems a good opportunity to say that I''ll be off in a minute for a pint and a pie from the market.[/quote]

My kind of sustenance.....YUMMY![B][pi]

[quote user="CLUCK"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

Yeah...like we want you in control of things don''t we?  Fox in charge of the chickens and all that.....

There are plenty of other sites with 24 hour un-moderated forums if you want to read your own words instantly. This is not an official "fans forum" as such.....and is just an extension of Archant''s EDP web-site where you can discuss everything from sea defences to bus shelters. There is much more to read in the Pinkun than simply how NCFC are getting on....and it''s just the same on here. Allowing any Tom Dick or Harry to sift through the posts would rapidly lead to legal issues for Archant and bias of opinion.  

Maybe the moderators do update "after hours"...but it is also part of their day job and many of us have to take home with us. It is more than likely an "obligation" that goes with the job....and we all know how employers like to get something "extra" out of their staff for nothing. They are doing just fine in my opinion.

There is life outside of this little forum CA....and so when the moderators are unavailable due to real life getting in the way, we should simply switch off and do something else like catching up with the ironing or doing a bit of housework.......

[/quote]

I wasnt suggesting myself Cluck I''m far too busy, but a few respected regular posters has offered in the past.

Yes I know theres life outside this site which is why my post count over the past 3 months pales into insignificance compared to yours.[:D]