Sign in to follow this  
NegativeVibes

Cluck/Smudgers - not true fans!

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]

[quote user="Andyjzr"]Everyone has different opinions, does''nt make anyone more or less a supporter of our football club than anyone else.  The only problem i have with Cluck/smudger is their tendancy to submit posts that  have  ''all knowing, your so naive'' undertones.  Reminds me of a patronising primary school teacher. 

There''s no right or wrong, just opinion.  Surely a message board is a forum for open debate, not just for those who think they no better than everyone else.

[/quote]

This is absolutely the case - everyone has an opinion and it is no more valid than anyone else''s; Gissing also puts it well - given all the same information people will always make different decisions (business and politics are prime examples) yet neither is right or wrong.

You do, however, sometimes wonder whether Cluck/Smudger/Wiz et al think their opinions are more important than the rest purely because they post more - but to me that only really shows that they appear to have more time on their hands to waste.....and the old saying "empty vessels make the most noise" also applies!

[/quote]

An empty vessel also has far more capacity to receive new input.....whereas a full one eventually becomes stagnant and bitter.....

[quote user="CLUCK"]

An empty vessel also has far more capacity to receive new input.....whereas a full one eventually becomes stagnant and bitter.....

[/quote]So make like FC United and start your own club

Just wonered Cluck if you''re going to be supporting Ipswich tomorrow the same as your friend Smudger?

[quote user="CLUCK"]We are all Norwich fans Shuck...and no you''re not naive.....

It does seem however that a certain mentality within the said supporters are far too easily swayed and satisfied with second best.....and the minute this becomes "acceptable" and the "norm" we are lost....[/quote]

Cluck,

Surely this statement in itself is just another way of stating that those who disagree with your opinion are wrong?

The club appoints a new manager, if it''s someone I rate but you don''t, I''m suddenly a fan who''s happy to accept second best and easily swayed...How is this the case???

It''s simply a difference of opinion, and if you just said that you didn''t rate the appoinment and didn''t think he''d do well because of x/y/z, then I''d have no issue at all, however when this opinion becomes fact (in your viewpoint), and comments of one form or another are made about those who disagree with it, that''s when people get frustrated, and often threads descend into petty name calling and insults.

It''s not just your good self who does this, but numerous posters on the boards, and it can often de-value some very good points.

Why on earth can we not have opinions posted which are simply that, e.g. "I don''t rate this guy because...", "I think the board needs to go because...", "We should play a 4-4-2 because..." etc?

Instead we get "The board should have left years ago, the club is in the bin, we''re going down, and the wooly flock brigade are enjoying every minute on the happy coach with St Delia". So we''ve got an opinion voiced with no definition of why this viewpoint is held, and finished with an insult to anyone who disagrees, hardly conducive for open debating is it?

Totally agree IB unfortunely we have some trolls on here.

[quote user="Indy_Bones"][quote user="CLUCK"]We are all Norwich fans Shuck...and no you''re not naive.....

It does seem however that a certain mentality within the said supporters are far too easily swayed and satisfied with second best.....and the minute this becomes "acceptable" and the "norm" we are lost....[/quote]

Cluck,

Surely this statement in itself is just another way of stating that those who disagree with your opinion are wrong?

The club appoints a new manager, if it''s someone I rate but you don''t, I''m suddenly a fan who''s happy to accept second best and easily swayed...How is this the case???

It''s simply a difference of opinion, and if you just said that you didn''t rate the appoinment and didn''t think he''d do well because of x/y/z, then I''d have no issue at all, however when this opinion becomes fact (in your viewpoint), and comments of one form or another are made about those who disagree with it, that''s when people get frustrated, and often threads descend into petty name calling and insults.

It''s not just your good self who does this, but numerous posters on the boards, and it can often de-value some very good points.

Why on earth can we not have opinions posted which are simply that, e.g. "I don''t rate this guy because...", "I think the board needs to go because...", "We should play a 4-4-2 because..." etc?

Instead we get "The board should have left years ago, the club is in the bin, we''re going down, and the wooly flock brigade are enjoying every minute on the happy coach with St Delia". So we''ve got an opinion voiced with no definition of why this viewpoint is held, and finished with an insult to anyone who disagrees, hardly conducive for open debating is it?

[/quote]Because for some it''s about egos, not opinions...

[quote user="Indy_Bones"][quote user="CLUCK"]We are all Norwich fans Shuck...and no you''re not naive.....

Cluck,

[/quote]

I''m afraid we have to return to the quote..."if the cap fits wear it"....because I don''t think I directed it at you personally. It was a simple generalisation to describe a certain mentality.....and if you then assumed it described your particular way of thinking then you must fall into this group. It''s not a made up mind-set...it actually exists and is a serious problem regarding how ambitious (or not) this club and it''s supporters really are in 2007.

As for my opinion on the Board....it is one which is being increasingly accepted by other posters.  The truth about Smith "saving" the club has been well and truly blown apart...and eloquent posts regarding the finance and direction of the club since Smith took over have shown how the team has been badly neglected in favour of infrastructure. These are plain facts....and are unforgivable. Are we to say "Oh well...never mind" then go down a league as if it doesn''t matter and hope for the best? It''s a sad fact that those of us who want the Board banished have no power to do anything about it...but that will never stop our campaign to defend the club....not those in power who lay claim to the bricks and mortar. There is a massive difference.

In life I''m afraid there are those who can play ping pong with a subject all night and happily come to no conclusion.... and there are others like me who simply call a spade a spade thus tackling a subject full on. It might not appeal to some....but that''s how I do it.  There are no expletives...no overt vulgarity...just strong views. Also there was rampant name calling before I ever came to this forum....so let''s not go there with that one. I noted "moron"...."idiot"  etc. regularly being used to stifle any dissenting voice.....so by comparison "sheep" and "turnip" are trivial. It''s all part of adult banter in the real world I''m afraid.....so what would you have us do.... be special friends and have a group hug?

The worm has turned that''s all...and those who once controlled opinion can no longer do so...hence the constant bickering. It won''t stop now until there is the clear out at the club which some of us demand....so you must blame Delia Smith for not knowing when to go....not the concerned fans who simply insist on being heard.