Sign in to follow this  
NegativeVibes

Cluck/Smudgers - not true fans!

Wait a minute, yes they are..

Don''t you think the people who don''t accept an average manager are the ones who care for the club more than those who just "hope for the best"? Come May when we''ll be relegated into League One, many members will come out and say "Cluck you were right" like they have done recently, then let this occurence repeat itself until this club is run into the ground, which is what they (Cluck and Smudgers of the world) are trying to prevent?

Understand that everyone who is unhappy with the appointment of Glenn Roeder is not a binner! They are simply the realists and expect better for the club than you do.

Why do they care more?  what makes their view point more valid?  Will we get relegated - its not even November? Where do idiots like you come from are you made in a factory?

[quote user="Failure"]

Don''t you think the people who don''t accept an average manager are the ones who care for the club more than those who just "hope for the best"? Come May when we''ll be relegated into League One, many members will come out and say "Cluck you were right" like they have done recently, then let this occurence repeat itself until this club is run into the ground, which is what they (Cluck and Smudgers of the world) are trying to prevent?

Understand that everyone who is unhappy with the appointment of Glenn Roeder is not a binner! They are simply the realists and expect better for the club than you do.

[/quote]

I dont believe in this True fans Crap. We are all fans just with different opinions. The Pink un has gone full circle again and all the "We Must give the Manager a chance fans" are outThe Cluck, Smudger, Wizard haters are out in force claiming them to "Not true fans"I have never sided with anyone until recently and basically I have reached breaking point, We all have one! I was happy with Grant but my feeling is that he was not given a fair chance. He inherited a load of Crap and was asked to improve the side but make a Profit from player sales (Ridiculous) This board had a real chance to make a statement here by getting in a top name which would be a major statement of intent and ambition. Players would start believing in coming here etc... No we have got a man who in my opinion is a statement of more prudence!If he is given Millions to turn this shambles of a side around then I may change my opinion (My right) However at present I am convinced the board have got another Yes man to silence the fans. What if he does keep us up? What then? he has a record of bad second seasons!! Delia and company in my mind have served there term and I am sick of them! After all there is a key statement on the Sky Sports interview where he said he phoned for the job straight away! Basically what I am saying is we have ended up with somebody desperate to manage us (Why?) Not the other way around we have not gone and got the best man for the job! In my opinion that is un acceptable!!I am firmly for now in the Smudger, Cluck etc... whatever you wish to call us Club. However I remain as much a NCFC fan as you!

[quote user="JC"]

Why do they care more?  what makes their view point more valid?  Will we get relegated - its not even November? Where do idiots like you come from are you made in a factory?

[quote user="Failure"]

[/quote][/quote]

I''m afraid you are just one of the many who ebb and flow according to popular opinion......basically meaning you don''t have a mind nor view of your own.....or in other words a sheep.

Some of us are able to rise above the hysteria and see beyond the next PR stunt....or the next club sound bite. It doesn''t make us "real fans"....but it does make us "club fans" rather than the easily swayed flock. Those of us who are realists don''t suddenly forget what happened five minutes ago either....we build an overall view...and base our opinion on that. Seems like most of the headless chickens on here have simply turned turtle again....and all because we have a new manager of dubious quality. I seem to remember much the same happened when Grant turned up....so you obviously don''t learn by your mistakes do you?

Enjoy your little burst of misplaced excitement....because this is yet another appalling appointment by the club Board to go along with the rest. It''s League One football for us next year....and what excuses will you come up with then?

You deserve all you are going to get I''m afraid.

[quote user="Snakepit boys"]I dont believe in this True fans Crap.

We are all fans just with different opinions.

[/quote]

Totally agree Snakepit, which was the point I was trying to make on the other thread when you were suggesting that real fans would stand up and be counted. I have had people on here tell me if I was a real fan I would boycott games or not renew my ticket. Those same people ''throw a benny'' at the merest hint that they are not real fans because they stay away.

We are all fans just with different opinions - I do like the sound of that, I would love all posters to adopt your suggestion but I must admit to feeling a slight disappointment that I would never again be called a sheep, turnip or donkey again.

My opinion ebbs and flows?  What RUBBISH -AGAIN.  I called for Grant to be given a fair chance but was always sceptical.  Both on this board and in weekly emails to Doncaster I called for a change MONTHS AGO. I was also calling for Worthington to go and had several disagreements with Blah on this very board about that. 

Yesterday  I was initially shocked because I had wanted Jewell (we all did) and I have a lot of friends who are West Ham fans and they have perhaps clouded my opinion of Roeder over the years.  As I clearly stated on here after my initial post yesterday, I went on a journey yesterday, by WATCHING AND LISTENING AND THINKING.  The same journey it appears many others went on yesterday, to leave only the mindless like yourself to continue to spout your party line regardless.

I believe Roeder could do well and with two shrewd coach appointments and his experience and his contacts, could do very well here. 

You and the other morons do not rise above the hysteria, you milk it and revel in it purely for enjoyment and to throw childish insults.  Like any extreme minority you bully and abuse and stick together to try and get power above your station.  Nobody wanted the Nazi''s, but they got heard through the same style of trying to knock down anyone who disagreed through pack mentality.  An extreme example, but many on this board will understand the point I am making.

You and the rest of the clan seriously alienated yourselves yesterday, many people on here having given you the benefit of the doubt now see that your agenda is not success for Norwich city, it is entertainment and ego tripping at the experience of normal, decent people who really care.

[quote user="NEIL CLUCKCASTER"][quote user="JC"]

[quote user="Failure"]

[/quote][/quote]

I''m afraid you are just one of the many who ebb and flow according to popular opinion......basically meaning you don''t have a mind nor view of your own.....or in other words a sheep.

Some of us are able to rise above the hysteria and see beyond the next PR stunt....or the next club sound bite. It doesn''t make us "real fans"....but it does make us "club fans" rather than the easily swayed flock. Those of us who are realists don''t suddenly forget what happened five minutes ago either....we build an overall view...and base our opinion on that. Seems like most of the headless chickens on here have simply turned turtle again....and all because we have a new manager of dubious quality. I seem to remember much the same happened when Grant turned up....so you obviously don''t learn by your mistakes do you?

Enjoy your little burst of misplaced excitement....because this is yet another appalling appointment by the club Board to go along with the rest. It''s League One football for us next year....and what excuses will you come up with then?

[/quote]

[quote user="JC"]

My opinion ebbs and flows?  What RUBBISH -AGAIN.  I called for Grant to be given a fair chance but was always sceptical.  Both on this board and in weekly emails to Doncaster I called for a change MONTHS AGO. I was also calling for Worthington to go and had several disagreements with Blah on this very board about that. 

Yesterday  I was initially shocked because I had wanted Jewell (we all did) and I have a lot of friends who are West Ham fans and they have perhaps clouded my opinion of Roeder over the years.  As I clearly stated on here after my initial post yesterday, I went on a journey yesterday, by WATCHING AND LISTENING AND THINKING.  The same journey it appears many others went on yesterday, to leave only the mindless like yourself to continue to spout your party line regardless.

I believe Roeder could do well and with two shrewd coach appointments and his experience and his contacts, could do very well here. 

You and the other morons do not rise above the hysteria, you milk it and revel in it purely for enjoyment and to throw childish insults.  Like any extreme minority you bully and abuse and stick together to try and get power above your station.  Nobody wanted the Nazi''s, but they got heard through the same style of trying to knock down anyone who disagreed through pack mentality.  An extreme example, but many on this board will understand the point I am making.

You and the rest of the clan seriously alienated yourselves yesterday, many people on here having given you the benefit of the doubt now see that your agenda is not success for Norwich city, it is entertainment and ego tripping at the experience of normal, decent people who really care.

[quote user="Failure"]

[/quote][/quote]

[/quote][/quote]

Read some of my posts sonny before you start spouting comparisons with bloody nazis. Its opion mate do you know what that means? I dont like what you say but i like the fact you can say it. I get called all sorts of things, ive had people abuse me for my spelling,people call me a coffin dodger,idiot codger and some more because i see the way the club is being run different to others. We are in a crappy situation and i love this club so i WILL say what I BELIEVE is wrong with the club. Lighten up for gods sake. Its football and with it comes a little politics with regards to running the club, but bloody nazism has nothing to do with it for gods sake!

[quote]My opinion ebbs and flows?  What RUBBISH -AGAIN.  I called for Grant to

be given a fair chance but was always sceptical.  Both on this board

and in weekly emails to Doncaster I called for a change MONTHS AGO. I

was also calling for Worthington to go and had several disagreements

with Blah on this very board about that.[/quote]The trick with Cluck is not to get too upset by anything (s)he says.  (s)he always talks in general terms, in compact multi-purpose copy and paste paragraphs of pessimism.  It''s nothing personal, it''s just a world-view that (s)he is attempting to emulsion onto every crevice of this board.  We could get to the semis of the FA Cup and (s)he would turn up and admonish us all for getting carried away with the hysteria, that we wouldn''t have a cats chance of winning it, etc.  I doubt (s)he believes in half the things (s)he says, for him / her, it''s a role-playing game, nothing more.The thing about being constant is that you get stuck in a rut.

[quote user="JC"]

[quote user="Failure"]

[/quote][/quote]

[/quote][/quote]

You have it your own way then...and I''ll have it mine. You''re just another easily swayed no brain who follows the crowd.

As for the "clan"....that''s why only a small proportion of people are successful in life and business....while the rest work for them. Free thinking individuals are not commonplace...but the masses are.

Ask yourself what has actually changed at NCFC this week....and you''ll be embarrassed at how gullible you''ve been.....if you''ve got any sense at all that is.

Well despite me not mentioning you by name, you know the camp you sit in obviously.  You also totally missed my point with the Nazi analogy (look it up in a dictionary).

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="JC"]

[quote user="Failure"]

[/quote][/quote]

[/quote][/quote]

Read some of my posts sonny before you start spouting comparisons with bloody nazis. Its opion mate do you know what that means? I dont like what you say but i like the fact you can say it. I get called all sorts of things, ive had people abuse me for my spelling,people call me a coffin dodger,idiot codger and some more because i see the way the club is being run different to others. We are in a crappy situation and i love this club so i WILL say what I BELIEVE is wrong with the club. Lighten up for gods sake. Its football and with it comes a little politics with regards to running the club, but bloody nazism has nothing to do with it for gods sake!

[/quote]

What has changed? Erm a new manager - the second biggest change possible at a football club.  I assume you claim to be some sort of entreprenur then - which has exactly what do do with anything?  You unfortunately could not command the respect to be one, regardless of your claims.

[quote user="Failure"]

[/quote][/quote]

[/quote][/quote]

You have it your own way then...and I''ll have it mine. You''re just another easily swayed no brain who follows the crowd.

As for the "clan"....that''s why only a small proportion of people are successful in life and business....while the rest work for them. Free thinking individuals are not commonplace...but the masses are.

Ask yourself what has actually changed at NCFC this week....and you''ll be embarrassed at how gullible you''ve been.....if you''ve got any sense at all that is.

[/quote]

"You and the other morons do not rise above the hysteria, you milk it and revel in it purely for enjoyment and to throw childish insults.  Like any extreme minority you bully and abuse and stick together to try and get power above your station.  Nobody wanted the Nazi''s, but they got heard through the same style of trying to knock down anyone who disagreed through pack mentality"

Sorry JC but you undermine the strength of your argument (with which I find a lot of sympathy) by coming up with such a daft and excessive analogy as to compare Cluck et al with Nazis.  You effectively give them an excuse to ignore the nature of your criticism of them as they (rightly) react to your insult.

Arthur, Cluck, Smudger etc see things differently to many others on here, sometimes they are right and sometimes they are wrong, often they are prone to hyperbole - but sometimes I also find myself questioning my own view as a result of what they post.  Throughout it all though I never really find myself doubting their credentials as fans.  If we all agreed on everything on here the whole forum would be a total bore - it''s the difference between genuine fans that drives and stimulates debate.

I wish we could have more sensible discussion and less labelling of people as sheep, binners, morons, nazis etc - the whole damn forum would be better as a result.  Far better we all concentrate on backing the new boss (because we are stuck with him now for the rest of the season whether we like it or not) and team (ditto for the most part) and try to turn around performances so we avoid the nightmare of relegation.

Hippy peace-nic rant over. 

[quote user="Pboro_Canary"]

"You and the other morons do not rise above the hysteria, you milk it and revel in it purely for enjoyment and to throw childish insults.  Like any extreme minority you bully and abuse and stick together to try and get power above your station.  Nobody wanted the Nazi''s, but they got heard through the same style of trying to knock down anyone who disagreed through pack mentality"

Sorry JC but you undermine the strength of your argument (with which I find a lot of sympathy) by coming up with such a daft and excessive analogy as to compare Cluck et al with Nazis.  You effectively give them an excuse to ignore the nature of your criticism of them as they (rightly) react to your insult.

Arthur, Cluck, Smudger etc see things differently to many others on here, sometimes they are right and sometimes they are wrong, often they are prone to hyperbole - but sometimes I also find myself questioning my own view as a result of what they post.  Throughout it all though I never really find myself doubting their credentials as fans.  If we all agreed on everything on here the whole forum would be a total bore - it''s the difference between genuine fans that drives and stimulates debate.

I wish we could have more sensible discussion and less labelling of people as sheep, binners, morons, nazis etc - the whole damn forum would be better as a result.  Far better we all concentrate on backing the new boss (because we are stuck with him now for the rest of the season whether we like it or not) and team (ditto for the most part) and try to turn around performances so we avoid the nightmare of relegation.

[/quote]

Well said.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="Pboro_Canary"]

[/quote]

Well said.

[/quote]

No worries - I am just a bit fed up with all the petty name calling on here of late.  I have calmed down now though after listening to some Donovan LPs and tucking into a lunch of organic museli.  Love and light posters! [H]

[quote user="NEIL CLUCKCASTER"]

As for the "clan"....that''s why only a small proportion of people

are successful in life and business....while the rest work for them.

Free thinking individuals are not commonplace...but the masses are.

Ask yourself what has actually changed at NCFC this week....and

you''ll be embarrassed at how gullible you''ve been.....if you''ve got any

sense at all that is.

[/quote]

ha ha ha, the old mail Sunday Mail rant generator working full tilt

then. It must be great being a hugely successful entrepreneur, ladies

man, and free thinking radical all rolled into one lovable character.

See that balloon over there, burst it for us.................

[quote user="SPat"][quote user="NEIL CLUCKCASTER"]

[/quote]

ha ha ha, the old mail Sunday Mail rant generator working full tilt then. It must be great being a hugely successful entrepreneur, ladies man, and free thinking radical all rolled into one lovable character. See that balloon over there, burst it for us.................

[/quote]

Don''t waste your electricity sonny....

I wouldn''t say cluck was not a true fan.  Mearly a lapsed one - there is after all nothing to actually actively support except the team, on the pitch, during the match from wherever you do it.  Claiming to support anything else is just a habit from the time, in the past, when you did support Norwich City, the greatest Football Team in the world.Any claims otherwise are mearly spin and sophistry.

I am sick and tired of this. Pre-roeder I was a stooopid sheep who knew nothing. Now I am a joy division loving nazi who hates everyone. I can''t even have my own opinion this board without being ridiculed. It''s a joke. JC you can hardly stand up for all that''s fair and true, you were pretty out of order with kathy on the NCISA thread.

Great post JC!

I completely agree, though easy on the Nazi comments.

Also agree with some thoughts of P''borough canary - i am fed up with the name calling.  I make my own opinions based on the information I receive.  I am fed up with being called a sheep or following the flock, when I do not.  Cluck as a successful business man should know this, in the city many analysts make decisions from the same sources, and same material, but make different calls on stocks and bonds.

Everyones opinion is as valid as anyone elses who has the same amount of information, no more, no less.  I think everyone needs a Ying and a Yang (a little cheesy I know) and it is good that people of different views are on here.

Everyone has different opinions, does''nt make anyone more or less a supporter of our football club than anyone else.  The only problem i have with Cluck/smudger is their tendancy to submit posts that  have  ''all knowing, your so naive'' undertones.  Reminds me of a patronising primary school teacher.  There''s no right or wrong, just opinion.  Surely a message board is a forum for open debate, not just for those who think they no better than everyone else.

I might disagree with some of Cluck, Smudgers, Arthur et al''s postings. Of late, though, I have found myself relating to them more and more!

But however much I might disagree with posts on here, I wouldn''t just dive into assuming and labelling them as "non fans" etc etc-indeed, they are very passionate fans, with very strong opinions, nothing wrong with that at all. At the end of the proverbial, we are all Norwich fans on here, we all have a common bond and desire for the team to do well and be successful, the differences are how we perceive that might be achieved. Providing we can argue constructively and enjoy some good debate, all well and good, it makes the messageboard a nice little distraction and worth a look every day.

There, aren''t I naive, never mind...

Was I out of order with the NCISA?  I don''t think so I''m afraid.

[quote user="Fellas"]I am sick and tired of this. Pre-roeder I was a stooopid sheep who knew nothing. Now I am a joy division loving nazi who hates everyone. I can''t even have my own opinion this board without being ridiculed. It''s a joke. JC you can hardly stand up for all that''s fair and true, you were pretty out of order with kathy on the NCISA thread.
[/quote]

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]Here we go ''round the mulberry bush,
The mulberry bush, the mulberry bush.[/quote]

hehehe "the mulberry bush, the mulberry bush..."

TOP QUALITY... POST OF THE WEEK norfolkbroadslim!

[quote user="Old Shuck"]

I might disagree with some of Cluck, Smudgers, Arthur et al''s postings. Of late, though, I have found myself relating to them more and more!

But however much I might disagree with posts on here, I wouldn''t just dive into assuming and labelling them as "non fans" etc etc-indeed, they are very passionate fans, with very strong opinions, nothing wrong with that at all. At the end of the proverbial, we are all Norwich fans on here, we all have a common bond and desire for the team to do well and be successful, the differences are how we perceive that might be achieved. Providing we can argue constructively and enjoy some good debate, all well and good, it makes the messageboard a nice little distraction and worth a look every day.

There, aren''t I naive, never mind...

[/quote]

We are all Norwich fans Shuck...and no you''re not naive.....

It does seem however that a certain mentality within the said supporters are far too easily swayed and satisfied with second best.....and the minute this becomes "acceptable" and the "norm" we are lost....

Better to go down fighting than sit around afterwards saying "if only"....This is precisely what NCFC has been doing since it lost it''s courage and integrity and sold it''s soul to a giggly tv celebrity......

[quote user="Andyjzr"]Everyone has different opinions, does''nt make anyone more or less a supporter of our football club than anyone else.  The only problem i have with Cluck/smudger is their tendancy to submit posts that  have  ''all knowing, your so naive'' undertones.  Reminds me of a patronising primary school teacher. 

There''s no right or wrong, just opinion.  Surely a message board is a forum for open debate, not just for those who think they no better than everyone else.

[/quote]

This is absolutely the case - everyone has an opinion and it is no more valid than anyone else''s; Gissing also puts it well - given all the same information people will always make different decisions (business and politics are prime examples) yet neither is right or wrong.

You do, however, sometimes wonder whether Cluck/Smudger/Wiz et al think their opinions are more important than the rest purely because they post more - but to me that only really shows that they appear to have more time on their hands to waste.....and the old saying "empty vessels make the most noise" also applies!

I still think they are Ipswich fans. Cos they dont show any love for Norwich.EDP Headline :  " Norwich City steal Rooney for £5.32p "Cluck / Smudger etc : " Oh no not Rooney hes crap whine whine whine whine whine whine whine "