Sign in to follow this  
natalie

what has happened to mark rivers???

Natalie, unfortunately he was kidnapped and locked in McDonalds all last year and survived by eating many, many burgers. He is now a tubby chap last seen plodding around in the reserve team looking like he just could not be bothered.

lol, jonzy
Its either hes not fit or:
he just cant get into the team or.............
hes not premireship quality?

Top post Jonzey!

Motivation, desire, hunger (for anything but Ronald''s finest) are all lacking. I appreciate he had a great start to the season and had an injury but a player of his alledged talent should have forced his way onto the bench by the end of the season - instead NW took Cooper on loan to cover his position.

I wonder why he is still at the Club and why he will be able to call himself a Premiership player when he has a "Dog and Duck" approach to his livelihood. If there is anyone left out there who wishes to shoot me down and defend him please do, but ask yourself this question - when you formulate the hypothetical team in your head for next season does Rivers even come close or have already put Bentley or A.N. Other on the right side of midfield? He wasn''t even a "squad player" by the end of the season.

Lets free up his wages and sign someone who cares

I think we have seen the last of him. Everything Rivers is about is what NW hates...lack of motivation, poor fitness, attitude etc etc. Best thing about the situation is that now Div 1 clubs etc will be under pressure to strengthen and the chance to sign a ''Premiership'' winger would be appealing. I know he is only that on paper but our players are now Premiership level whether they are or not and suddenly become more desirable because of the tag. You can see the back pages of newpapers in Crewe, Gillingham etc....."GILLS IN FOR PREMIWERSHIP STAR" etc. Of course this is total rubbish but the percieved added value will do us fine. When you get promoted it not only makes you more appealing to players coming in but also for clubs targeting new players. Certainly we cannot afford to have a player who surely will not feature at all on our wage bill.

i don''t really want to admit it but ok yer mark rivers has really lost the first team status he once had.

but i do disagree dat we should strip him of his norwich city shirt just cause of one bad season if we did then u could say the same for real madrid and doing the same to all of their players.

i say that nigel should have a really long chat wid him cause there is somethin on his mind and who knows once he gets his act together then he could replace bently if he plays crap (which i doubt)

I imagine there''s a conversation taking place right now, something along the lines of .....

"Now Mark, I think its about time you decided where you want to go from here. We won''t stand in your way and are prepared to cancel your current contract, giving you 75% of its full value."

"zzzzzzzz"

Just like we did for Clint. He knew it was an offer too good to refuse.

"zzzzzzz"

"Now Mark, you can walk out of here with a great fat cheque in your pocket - and get yourself a new club."

"snore"

"Financially, the payoff and wages of your new club wages would take you ahead of where you are here."

"zzzzzz"

"Mark...., Mark, do you understand me."

"Eh...What. Oh, Mr Worthington, would you mind repeating that, I seemed to lose concentration for some reason!"

I still cannot forget how Mark Rivers did for us in the play-off final being a right winger, also some of his better performance last season of course PLUS the start of this season. Well he cannot play striker but on the right wing, he can still do a job to nutmeg Ashley Cole or Wayne Bridge.

I hope he wouldn''t be released and play for us in the Premiership, he had the tricky to do it for us.

Bentley was a good player but I was more eager to see player who was with the club for several years, have a chance to show their ability in the Premiership.

hahahaha oh yes well i do agree with everyone on there he has lost it!!!!!
locked in mcdonalds yeah that would be his favorite place for going at the moment or lazin around in chedgrave in norfolk

Sorry but he has been a waste of space. He has talent but can''t be arsed to use it on a regular basis and I''m afraid the abuse he gets is down to him. If he had been a regular last season there''s no doubt in my mind we wouldn''t have gone straight up. Away from home he was a liability, playing right side of midfield involves defensive duties as well but whenever we lost the ball in attack by the time Rivers had sauntered back to the edge of his own box the ball was in the net. How you consider playing him in front of Bentley lol. and as for nutmegging Bridge and Cole, he would be a bloody embaressment trying to take them two on. His place is in the lower reaches of Div One where he can get away with what he does.
Harsh facts but as Worthy as seen the light over Easton I''m sure Rivers will go the same way.

I think Nigel''s opinion of Rivers was shown when he was happy to order the team coach away from Crewe without Rivers on it...said everything for me. No doubt Rivers was sharing a pie and a fag with his old team mates at the time.

soon be moving in with him will you natalie?

what is your occupation to be able to afford one of those nice river frontage houses, yes i know the ones!

i thought you were related to darren huckerby at christmas time or was it someone else?

if you live next door to him natalie then i expect to hear all teh gossip when you are at powerleague on monday with my mate jez

seems to me like hes on his way... which means a new shirt for my youngest.. as his currently bears his favourite players name.. perhaps if we sign IVERSen i can rescue the shirt!!!

yes how ya doing yes i know jez so what have ya been up 2 the actully i''m a sub fire officer in norwich

mmmm, i thought you played footie for ncfc ladies, what a busy lass you are, as well as looking after rivo, god, wish i could multi task like that!

ive heard he has joined local drama group and he has been picked for the forthcoming production of The murder she wrote ,his part in this is as a Corpse .Picked obviously for his ability to to remain motionless for long periods of time .OTBC

Natalie, i want an honest answer on here after monday on what you think of Jez''s coaching techniques? he makes me laugh some of the thngs he does and his plans on his note pad. i prefer to keep it in my head and go with the flow when coaching but thats just me.

i did for a while i have a busy life style i didn''t say that i looked after him all i said i lived next door to him