Sign in to follow this  
Arthur Whittle

NCISA-What have you got to say about all this?

We are meeting tonight to decide what to do. As a point of interest Arthur what do you think we should do?

1)Please advise the club to stop spending money on fixed assets that can wait, especially if they have long pay back periods such as the Community (Corner) stand.

2)Please remind the club that we are a FOOTball club.

3)If we are relegated, please advise the club that we expect a reduction in season ticket prices for next season.

Thank you.

We will survive!

Decide what to do???  What high-handed nonsense.  You make it sound like you are a government rather than a collection of opinionated nobodies.

I am SO looking forward to hearing what you are going to do.  Whatever you decide I am sure it will not be ''support the manager and the team and get us out of trouble''. That would mean you actually supported the club, which is obviously untrue.  This is all about small minds feeling important.

[quote user="Kathy"]We are meeting tonight to decide what to do. As a point of interest Arthur what do you think we should do?[/quote]

[quote user="JC"]

Decide what to do???  What high-handed nonsense.  You make it sound like you are a government rather than a collection of opinionated nobodies.

I am SO looking forward to hearing what you are going to do.  Whatever you decide I am sure it will not be ''support the manager and the team and get us out of trouble''. That would mean you actually supported the club, which is obviously untrue.  This is all about small minds feeling important.

[quote user="Kathy"]We are meeting tonight to decide what to do. As a point of interest Arthur what do you think we should do?[/quote]

[/quote]

Now you know why I dont bother to answer peoples questions very often these days.

Kathy:

I''m just gutted that the board have appointed another scapegoat for their prudent and unambitious policies,. You and I both know that Roeder will be sacked within 12 months and yet more valuable money will be spunked up the wall in compo.

We needed a Tilson or Williams, not a man with 3 succesive failings to his name.

[quote user="JC"]

Decide what to do???  What high-handed nonsense.  You make it sound

like you are a government rather than a collection of opinionated

nobodies.

I am SO looking forward to hearing what you are going to do. 

Whatever you decide I am sure it will not be ''support the manager and

the team and get us out of trouble''. That would mean you actually

supported the club, which is obviously untrue.  This is all about small

minds feeling important.

[/quote]

Would it be fair to say that if the NCISA didn''t have a meeting to decide what to do, that they would then be derided for not doing anything ?Personally I think the NCISA should push Mr Turner to make good on the promises made at the AGM, encourage him to outline how he plans to acheive Premiership status and over what timescale, maybe explain how the club would fund a push for the Prem without parachute payments.  Picking a fight over the appointment of a new manager seems a bit pointless.

[quote user="Kathy"]We are meeting tonight to decide what to do. ........ what do you think we should do?[/quote]

You need a meeting?

I think you should stop moaning in the Evening News and get behind the team.

JC, what have you got against Kathy? They are a committee of city fans and I guess will discuss between them what they wish to talk to the board about. I am pretty sure they will touch on some of our favourite issues. I heard Mr Tilson on Canary Call a few weeks back, pro board he is NOT!! I don''t think Kathy is either.

If you think they are not up to the job, why don''t you join NCISA and volunteer your services?

[quote user="blahblahblah"]

Personally I think the NCISA should push Mr Turner to make good on the promises made at the AGM, encourage him to outline how he plans to acheive Premiership status and over what timescale, maybe explain how the club would fund a push for the Prem without parachute payments.  Picking a fight over the appointment of a new manager seems a bit pointless.
[/quote]

Good point.

[quote user="JC"]

[/quote]

If anything NCISA have had more criticism lately for being too pro-board and too slow to criticise. I can certainly see what you mean about being in a no-win situation Kathy!

As you have probably gathered from previous posts, i would like to see NCISA focus on the club`s priority of spending money on infrastructure leaving us unable to compete financially on the football side.

It''s a comfort to me that dear old Arthur ignores your questions too Kathy.

Good luck with your meeting tonight. I don''t see what any of us can do except to hope that the Turner factor sees a change in priorities from the board and that the Roeder factor sees an upturn in results from the team.

[quote user="Kathy"][quote user="JC"]

[/quote]

Now you know why I dont bother to answer peoples questions very often these days.

[/quote]

just the people that agree with your views, i dont care what you think.

Sorry Kathy, forgot to check if you replied. PM me to discuss further.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Good luck with your meeting tonight. I don''t see what any of us can do except to hope that the Turner factor sees a change in priorities from the board and that the Roeder factor sees an upturn in results from the team.

[/quote]

You have serious issues friend. What questions of yours have i ignored oh great one?

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

You have serious issues friend. What questions of yours have i ignored oh great one?

[/quote]

I''ve got even more issues now Arthur.. I am trying to work out how I can be your friend and Delia''s cousin.. still, I like a challenge [;)]

Arthur - any manager appointment at any club is a gamble. Your choice, whoever that was would have been a gamble. If I am wrong then tell me who wouldn''t have been a gamble.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I''ve got even more issues now Arthur.. I am trying to work out how I can be your friend and Delia''s cousin.. still, I like a challenge [;)]

Arthur - any manager appointment at any club is a gamble. Your choice, whoever that was would have been a gamble. If I am wrong then tell me who wouldn''t have been a gamble.

[/quote]

True everyones a gamble, but appointing a man with a teack record of 4 sackings for cocking up and 2 relegations is bizarre.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

True everyones a gamble, but appointing a man with a teack record of 4 sackings for cocking up and 2 relegations is bizarre.

[/quote]

Many of us wanted to see a young ambitious manager appointed. My two choices to fit in with succesful appointments  from way back would have been Calderwood or Ince. But maybe that would have been a bigger gamble given the position we are in now.

Yesterday you stated your beef was about the gamble and not the man. I would imagine this appointment was made with more emphasis on short term results than long term aims. In a way it''s less of a gamble than others could have been at this time.

I still can''t think of another manager who has got 7th in the Premier league with 2 seperate clubs, and the quarter-finals of the UEFA Cup, that was linked with the job.  Strange how most posters yesterday seemed to concentrate on the relegations, which you could easily put down to his own illness, and injuries / Freddie Shephard.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

[/quote]

Many of us wanted to see a young ambitious manager appointed. My two choices to fit in with succesful appointments  from way back would have been Calderwood or Ince. But maybe that would have been a bigger gamble given the position we are in now.

Yesterday you stated your beef was about the gamble and not the man. I would imagine this appointment was made with more emphasis on short term results than long term aims. In a way it''s less of a gamble than others could have been at this time.

[/quote]

Yes my beef is about the gamble, w have gambled the line of prudance yet again. Like i said if they had sold the club to an up and coming manager and shown ambition in doing so,if we fail it would be more palatable. They are clearly showing they still follow the same line that got us here and it seems they havent learnt from mistakes. We''ll agree to disagree NN because its to late now. Time will tell mate.

People seem to forget that NCISA is there to represent its members, not its non members!

Funny how the other supporter organisations dont come in for the aggro. Can anybody remember when Northern Canaries said or wrote anything about the situation at NCFC.? What do Capital Canaries think? How about the other regional supporter organisations, what do they think about the situation? 

Spot on nut.

People would rather knock people for trying than get behind someone trying to make a difference.

In recent times we have seen the corporate might of the club constantly spin there way through week after week, month after month, season after season. Full credit to them for the annoyingly good job that they''ve done (wouldnt need to spin if the football was good tho) However NCISA are there to represent their members and in doing so passing monies made back into the club, especially the academy. Memberships fees do not go to fuel costs, time costs etc, and they are not paid, memberships are purely a simple way of putting something back into the club. Now I take on board that NCISA are not everyones idea of the way forward and I also understand that some will disagree with them, but on the whole they do go to considerable efforts to take on board and discuss any comment made to them directly or via email. If fans want a way of shaping an association they can do so for less than the price of a pint or ten fags or even a flamin park and ride journey. Yet there seems to be this whole illusion that the chair of NCISA is on par in terms of accountability, statements and so on with Neil Doncaster and his nigh on £200,000 salary - and that because NCISA doesnt have the need, desire or ability to run a full time PR spin department then it (Kathy) can cop the blame from some of the fans for whatever is going wrong. Quite happy to air their view on here, in the pub, in the street, at work, yet when it comes to putting a hand in the sky rocket for £2 and airing their views to the ones they have a go at, and try and move things to how they believe things should be, then thats completely different. Now I''m not on here to have a go at any one who is not with NCISA, with NCISA etc, but what I am trying to illustrate is that its a bit pathetic to empty ones vessels and have a go at ''volunteers'' for daring to try and do some good.

[quote user="blahblahblah"]I still can''t think of another manager who has got 7th in the Premier league with 2 seperate clubs, and the quarter-finals of the UEFA Cup, that was linked with the job.  Strange how most posters yesterday seemed to concentrate on the relegations, which you could easily put down to his own illness, and injuries / Freddie Shephard.[/quote]That means jack all my friend. We can''t actually get 7th in the premiership. We are in the championship, it is a different league and atm he has little or no experience of the present day football being played at this level from a manigerial point of view.

As I said Kathy (when we met)... I think it is shocking that the NCISA haven''t called a meeting similar to the St Andrews Hall Worthy affair yet...

Roeders appointment will change nothing other than pacifying the sheep for another few short months until it comes blatantly obvious to even the most blinkered of fans that he is taking us down.

Time to act and see what your members vote on me thinks...  but then hey we all know what the outcome of that will be at the moment don''t we???

Norfolkbroadslim summed it up fantastically on another thread.... "here we go round the mulbery bush" he said!!!

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]JC, what have you got against Kathy? They are a committee of city fans and I guess will discuss between them what they wish to talk to the board about. I am pretty sure they will touch on some of our favourite issues. I heard Mr Tilson on Canary Call a few weeks back, pro board he is NOT!! I don''t think Kathy is either. If you think they are not up to the job, why don''t you join NCISA and volunteer your services?[/quote]

I can assure you that neither of them appear to be either (JT especially has been very outspoken about them of late GAZZA).

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

[/quote]

What was the outcome of the meeting Kathy???

[quote user="Smudger"]

As I said Kathy (when we met)... I think it is shocking that the NCISA haven''t called a meeting similar to the St Andrews Hall Worthy affair yet...

[/quote]

So did you join the NCISA and point them in the right direction when you had your meeting with them?

Unfortunately, CA there are all too many in work/life who just criticise others rather than seeking to do something constructive themselves. If they ever tried to do something themselves then perhaps they would realise that it is far easier to sit and criticise others than is is to achieve something. Personally I have far more time for those who make an effort and inevitably make some mistakes then those who just sit on the sidelines and complain.

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

[/quote]

What was the outcome of the meeting Kathy???

[/quote]Why didn''t you just join the independant supporters and support their meeting about the club that they support. sorry, I forgot, you''re not a supporter cos you always want us to lose.

That begs the question.......

''''What was the outcome of the meeting Kathy???''''

DUH !!