Sign in to follow this  
natalie

should mark rivers go to burley or not

well i think not why should he play for a divsion 1 team again he did start us off in the season i think well if he is fitter then last season he should stay i think i think we should give him anouther chance

Natalie. Rivers has given up, simple as that.

If he wanted a place in the squad next season he would have gone public with a statement in the press. Something like; ''I''m eager to push for a place next year and regain my fitness''.

His silence speaks volumes. I''ll be glad to see him go as he has disappointed me with his attitude. Quittters are losers, we don''t want them at Norwich.

Nope, I think we should sell him if we get an offer. Although he has always shown to be capable of good performances, he hasn''t ever looked likely to produce the goods on a regular basis. He just doesn''t have the work ethic that Worthy (quite rightly) requires.

Mind you, by not loaning him out last season Nigel has at least suggested there''s a chance for him, even if its slim.

Ama

i haven''t given up actully don''t give me all that i know more about football cause i have played football for many years when i lived in crewe i played for brimingham ladies for a while. getting to point about mark rivers yes ok he is lazy but he is a good player u have got to agree if we had him back on that pitch i think we will see a better him well if you think about it actully i''ll tell u somthing i had knee surgery cause the football studs went into my knee cap and i couldn''t play football anymore.....as you can see he has got to try some more i think we should give anouther try come on think about it now i''m playing for ncfc ladies in midfield

Natalie, as you live so close to Mark Rivers can you go round to his house and explain that there are Norwich fans who still believe in him (but these are getting fewer and fewer by the month) and if he put in 100% and had a healthy lifestyle he would be a welcome part of our PREMIERSHIP squad.

This is the only chance he is going to get to play in the top league and if he doesnt take it I can see him playing non league in a couple of years (as in the lower leagues commitment and hard work is more important than skill).

The fact that he actually needs this pointing out makes me less inclined to be positive about him though.

I would have to say no about rivers as well, but would expect a reasonable fee for him. This is simply because if rivers doesnt play on a regular basis he becomes very unfit and too unfit for the premiship. Although i think saying he might be playing non league in a few years seems a bit harsh.

Don''t get me wrong Natalie. I can see you''re a fan of Rivers and you seem to know him.
I always thought Rivers was a really good footie player and I''m sure he could do the business again. But he doesn''t want to, he has given up for a reason unknown to me.

I''d love to see him speak out in tomorrows EDP to state he is 100% committed to Norwich and that he wants to come back. If he did that and really put the effort in I''d be a fan of him once more.

But I doubt he will, which is a shame.

If Mark Rivers ever got to read this thread I''d like him to know we see him as the good midfielder he was. ''Was'' being the important word. Only he can change that word to an ''is''.

Shame on quite a lot of you. He should stay, work for his place as Nigel has indicated that he doesn''t want him to go. He is quite capable of playing in the Premiership...all he needs is all you lot to get off his back and give him a bit of confidence.

Go for it Mark.

I think he is skillful player who has been very unlucky with injuries during the first couple of years with us . He started off last season very well with 4 goals in the first 4 games before getting injured in the Forest game . l spoke to Mark at the away supporters party at Carrow Road after the Preston game and he stated that he wants to play for us and hasn''t lost his ambition and desire to play for us again hopefully , in the Premiership .
l think we should concentrate on getting behind our players and that includes Mark Rivers .

Unfortunately Mark Rivers is an enigma. He is blessed with natural skill and we all know he can turn in displays verging on the brilliant. However, such displays are few and far between. By his own admission is a not a "naturally fit" player, and yet he smokes!! Crazy, or what?? I also doubt his "bottle". Too many times an opposing player would give him a clout or two and he just would not want to know from there on in. Massive shame coz there is little more exciting than a winger taking on the opposition and skinning them.
I don''t think he figures in NW''s plans any more, so best sell him for what we can get.

Natalie, you mentioned living in Crewe earlier - when did you move across to Norfolk? Was it about the same time Mark Rivers signed for Norwich by any chance? You aren''t by any chance related to Mark are you, perhaps married to him?

That last comment could almost have been made by Mark Rivers himself.........

Not just judging City fans opinions are you Mark?

Just spoke to the real mark rivers he says he''s definately not going,he''s seen their training regime....far too exhausting and there''s no ashtrays in the changing room!

i''m his sister god help me that is the 3rd time that someone has asked me that question right then mark first came to norwich we went shopping and this bloke come up to us he said u are mark rivers he goes yes i''m is this your lovely wife we both said no this is my sister natalie

hello everybody hope you are ok?i thought i shall come on here to see what the fuzz on here was about cause my sister natalie has been telling me that everybody wants a work with me look i''m not fit and willing to make a statement to the edp about this yes i would love to stay in norwich and help norwich out i love the norwich

so this my first time on here and i was willing to talk to everbody on here who wants to talk to me as we speak i have been looking the messages and do u really want me to go really

mark rivers xx

Natalie: Are you the same Natalie who claimed to know Harry at Pompey personally, and thats Hucks was joining Porstmouth?, if yes, should''nt you be in school!.

Natalie, why have you set up another username on here claiming to be Mark Rivers? Why have you written as though you were him? I don''t understand it. It''s pretty obvious that ''mark rivers'' isn''t actually him. Your style of writing (no punctuation, etc.) is exactly the same as ''his''.

Or is this all just a wind up?

All very confusing...

This is all very strange. Who is Natalie? Does she live near Mr Rivers? Is she his sister? Is she in fact he? Is Natalie the split personality that Mr Rivers takes on inorder not to be detected in the Norfolk area?

We need to get to the bottom of this one.... anybody got Miss Marples number????

I seem to remember a ''natalie'' on this board a couple of months ago who had the username ''natalie rivers''. Natalie, are you one and the same, or not? (BTW I think Miss Marple has long been a gonner, so perhaps we need one of the current web team on the case!)

all i can say to this natalie/mark rivers crap is:

thank god the fixture list comes out later today

no really folks, to those of you who were on this board around christmas time, natalie was then making up exagerrated stories concerning huckerby, claiming all sorts of things

yes, she might know where he lives, so do i, so do lots of city fans - big deal

as for mark rivers himself, i think it is a tragic waste of talent - he obviously possessed it in the past, and if he really wanted to, could get into any first division team, but he is never going to play for us again, is he, let''s face it

if nige can get a good price for him (and more importantly) get him off the wage bill, then so be it