Sign in to follow this  
The Voice of the Thorpe Area

The Roeder and Fans Verdict: Game One.

Firstly, great game, and great performance.

Russell and Brellier in the middle were, in a word, brilliant. Commited, guttsy, brave, you name it, they had it. Chadders on the wing was superb. Nice to see an attacking side play at Carra for once!

The Roeder verdict: Impressed. Tactics and team selection, I''d say, were almost spot on (I would have started Strihavka, but there you go). Nice to see Le Judge given a second chance, (always thought PG was a little harsh on the guy) and he paid back the faith. Oh, and did anyone else notice how Chadders was given a license to cut inside a cause havoc outside the centre of the penalty area?

His pre-match introduction, for me, was very good. Yeh I know, it''s hardly make or break the way he comes onto the pitch, but the clenching of the fists really made a statement of intent, and I love that kind of thing. Every interview he has had I have agreed with everything he''s said. He''s coming across as a guy who cares about the club, and who is desperate to save us, and I think he will.

Lee Clark I noticed at one point getting very animated with the ref (who for the record, I thought was appalling), and almost joined him on the pitch. Again, something I like to see in the coaching staff.

Lastly, the atmostphere: breathtaking! Have never heard Carrra in such great voice. We should all be proud of the way we cheered them on at 2-0, espacially after goal 1, when OTBC was sang louder than I''ve ever heard, home or away.

Let''s try and replicate that on Tuesday. It''s no coincidence that we played our best football in years when we were in great voice! Get behind Glenn, the signs are there that we won''t be bottom for much longer!

OTBC!

Yes very impressed for the 1st game under Roeder, only time will tell but i still think we need that killer pass and more creativaty from the mid but all in all its looking good.