Sign in to follow this  
Polar

Ratings v Ipswich

I''m going for straight 8s for everyone today, some mistakes made but for heart and commitment alone they deserve 8s

[quote user="Polar1990"]I''m going for straight 8s for everyone today, some mistakes made but for heart and commitment alone they deserve 8s
[/quote]

Top 3

Chadwick, awesome.

Lappin, best game yet.

Russell very good today.

Watching the game on sky, I was on theedge of my seat sweating, all thanks to a superb orwich performance. Well Done Roeder, what ever you did. Good job.

Marshall-8-Good saves when called upon, awsome save before the second goal, unlucky!

Otsemobor-8-Linked up well with Chadwick then Croft, good at attacking and much better defending today from him.

Lappin-9-Awsome, called upon to do a difficult job against walters. Brilliant corners and a good run in the box at the end of first half.

Taylor-9- Briliant debut, and a goal to prove it. Maybe could have done more for the goal. But very good. Sign him up!

Shackell-8- Again good day for Shackell, good tackles and so unlucky with the header that hit the post.

Chadwick-9- Amazing game from Luke, he was everywhere, defending, attacking, what a turn and unlucky with the one-on-one. Sorry to see him substituted.

Huckerby-7- He played well but not great, some silly errors but good at running at players as usual. Sending off, still not sure.

Russell-10- Sensational, my Man Of The Match! Superb really pleased for him, great defending to help out. Played a big role with Brellier. See they can play together!

Brellier-9- I really like this guy, his passionate and is a good partner for Russell. Good Midfielder.

Dublin-7- Unfortunatly had to come off at half time but was good in first half. Good ariel hreat as always and a good team leader. Please stay Dion!

Cureton-7- Made up for himself. 2 heart breaking misses! The second was awful, but did he make up for it with the goal? I''ll let you decide. Neat finish anyway. Was he injured at the end?

Subs-

Gilks- Didn''t come on.

Murray- Didn''t come on

Croft-7- Good clever runs down the right, linked up well with Otsemobor.

Smith-6- Did he get the ball, didn''t see to much of him. All I saw was him pleading to keep Hucks on.

Hartson-8- Good player, hi appearnce can be miss-leading. Good ariel threat, good assist for cureton with the flick. Maybe should have scored the one-on-one. But a good performance.

Norwich City-10- Back to our old self.

Ipswich-5- Fifth? Not sure maybe we should switch positions in the table.

Glen Roeder-10- I''ve backed him from the start. What a manager! Come on you yellows.

OTBC!

lappin definately deserved man of the match, only problem i had was y take off cureton and replace him with a midfielder

I personally thought that Lappin had the best game of his Norwich career and totally deserves to play left back every week ( 9 / 10 )

Marshall - 8.. coudlnt really do much about either goal, the first a clinical finish from lee and the second was surely already out of play, made some crucial saves from ''that'' lad haynes and counago

Lappin - 8.. looked a bit suspicious when defending, but is more of an offensive player and made a great run which led to the glorius chance for cureton which he missed

Taylor - 8.. again, looked a great threat from set pieces and got his goal, strong in the air but as suspected was slow to react for the first goal, and as such was to blame

Shackell - 9 thought he had an excellent game,fully committed, got some crucial blocks in and didnt panic when clearing

Otsemboor - 8 attacked very well, great turn of pace and worked well with chadwick/croft, backed off a little when ipswich were attacking, but becomming a steady performer

Huckerby - 8, how people question whether he should be in the team is crazy to me, gets the crowd going, whips in some great balls and won virtually every corner we got, a silly needless red card however which sadly puts him out for 3 games and hence he didnt get a 9

Brellier - 7, thought he had a poor first halve and didnt make the midfield his, but after growing with confidence he started doin what he does best in breaking up the play and puttin on pressure, picked up his mandoraty yellow card

Russell - 9 (MofM) Again a little quiet in first halve but still looked busy, in the second halve his work-rate and commitment was unquestionable, kept going and going and showed signs of attacking as well as his superb defensive performance today

Chadwick - 8 a funny player, always trying and giving but for me doesnt take his man on enough, well defended by ipswich mostly, but made a great run in the second halve and again alexander made a fantastic stop (but why didnt he slide it into the corner like lee''s goal?)

Cureton - 8 finally looked to get in behind defenders and took his goal superbly well after receiving service atlast, however missed 2 absolutely glorius chances that should have won us the match

Dublin - 7 apparently picked up a hamstring so was subsistuted at half time, very unlucky not to score after a super save from alexander who had a blinder, tried to link up play but never really came off

Subs:

Hartson - 7 looks like a pub player and certaintly cant be match fit but held the ball up well, defintaely gives us a presence and set up cureton with also a smart shot that alexander stopped

Croft - 7 not really enought time to assess but when he did come on, constantly looked a threat, and personally i would start him instead of chadwick

Smith - 6 not enough time to assess

Roeder - 9 thought he got everything spot on today and was desperatly unlucky not to win today, it was always going to be a hyped up crowd though, and given time he may come good

The Crowd - 10... a special mention, i was watching it on sky in canterbury and could barely hear the commentators after ipswich scored their first (yes i did mean ipswich ;).. the passion was always there and at last the crowd got what they deserved in the second halve... things are looking better  

Russell has an annoying habit of losing the ball cheaply.....Lappin has best left foot we''ve seen for years - way better than Dreary

Russell has an annoying habit of losing the ball cheaply.....

How Rusty won man of the match I will never know. I thought he was poor. poor control and distribution and the amount of time of appeared to be casually standing around watching.

[quote user="T07"]Russell has an annoying habit of losing the ball cheaply.....

Lappin has best left foot we''ve seen for years - way better than Dreary
[/quote]

Lappin was Sky''s MotM and rightly so.  Brellier looked reborn from the shambles turning out for the reserves.

I will chime in with...Bald linesman - 0.  Was he actually playing for them, the penalty shouts and the ball being over the line just before their second together with bad offside decisions in both directions.  Got as much TV time as some players.Almost Bald linesman- 6.  Good game.

The only one who disappointed me, sadly, was Huckerby who seems to have lost his pace. Hartson looked strong, Lappin oustanding and Chadwick was excellent though he drifted in quite a lot which gave us extra presence through the centre. Croft looked very sharp too when he arrived.

How did we not win? Glenn was spot on- we were the better team , they played on the break and frankly were very lucky to get a two goal lead. Watford look out!

So what was it that made the team of absolute nonsense from past weeks, into this very accomplished, exciting and decent team we saw today?

Was it Roeder, and his new ways?

Was it the big game factor?

Managers first game luck (something Duffy never got)?

Personally i think it must be a combination of Roeder and the derby day, players who started must have taken the confidence that Roeder had in them onto the pitch and put in a top performance, eager to keep their places, prime examples, Brellier, Chadwick, Russell, but i think  the player that did the most to impress Roeder was Lappin. Having said earlier in the week after Drury''s absence was announced that he would be looking for a replacement, Simon has obviously felt that this is his time to impress Roeder and stake a place in the team, and i cant see how he could be dropped.

I would also like to take this moment to apologise to John Hartson, the guy may be unfit, overweight, but he still has class, and his display in the second half reminded me of his good days, whether for Wales, West Ham, Celtic (even Arsenal), when he performs like this, its impossible not to be happy to have him leading the line.

Only problem is, Sheff Weds and QPR are both playing really well at the moment, but i am so much more confident now than say just over a week ago, so far...so good!

Have to agree, we were awesome today.

The best Norwich performance I have seen in years and also a very entertaining match to boot.

Marshall   8   No chance with goals, a commanding presence and a couple of neat saves.

Otsemobor   6   Still worries me and his one of our weaker links, But was solid enough today

Lappin   6   It seems i was watching a different game to most people. It''s weird how we pick up on different things. I thought he gave the ball away alot, and never wins any headers in the air. His set pieces were better, but still not as impressed at most. Interesting.

Shackall   8   Superb. I''ve always said he looks a good player when playing with a good, usually experienced defender. Won everything agianst two strong players.

Taylor   8   Maybe at fault for their 1st goal, but won everything again, big presence and influence and dangerous in opposition box. Good signing.

Chadwick   9   My MOTM, miles better than anything ive seen from Croft. And a different player to the chadwick ive previously seen. Very good on the ball, attacks defenders. Impressed

Russel   8   Better Game. Got stuck in and generally passed the ball well. Him and Brellier ran the midfield.

Brellier   8   Ditto, reborn under Roeder, won the ball in the tackles, cleaned up, he''s hear he''s there, is name is Brellier!

Huckerby  7 (8) back to his best, but the sending off lowers his mark.  Bad challenge, though mistimed, not malicious. Attacked with pace, got the ball in the box and rejuvenated. We''ll miss him.

Dublin   6   Nearly scored with a good header, but struggled really. Off the pace in my opinion. and always fouling.

Cureton   8   Yes, he missed rwo chances but with more regular games, chances and confidence the ruthless streak will come. He looked betetr all round today with is movement, was sharp.

Subs:

Hartson   8   After not seeing the Bristol City game when he came on i was shocked at the size of him. And after a couple of minutes he''d done litlte to impress and looked off the pace. But it didnt take long for us to pick him out, and he held it up well, showed good touches, some skill and linked up well with flicks in the air.

Croft   6   One good run, but the phrase headless chicken comes to mind.

Smith     Didnt get into it much, but looked decent on the ball.

And a word for the fans, magnificent, it was a priviledge to be their today. The support during (and before0 the game was superb. The crowd kept going when they scored, urged them on, and it was electric. Well done everybody!

[quote user="Steve Burns"]

Russell has an annoying habit of losing the ball cheaply.....

How Rusty won man of the match I will never know. I thought he was poor. poor control and distribution and the amount of time of appeared to be casually standing around watching.

[/quote]

That''s a bizarre observation, Rusty didn''t stop running.

Marshall-7- not his best game imo, made a couple fo decent saves

Otsemobor-7- didnt play well till croft came on, he cant play with any one else.

Lappin-9- i didnt know he could play like that, good attack, not as staerdy at defence but good enough

Taylor-9- good goal, good defending well just very good- MOM- (dont know why he didnt get it)

Shackell-8- started slowley but got better as the game went on.

Chadwick-9- got so tired he ran around so much, reminded me of andy hughes but with more skill, would have been 10 if his finall pass was better.

Huckerby-7- silly card, but he dosnt cross the ball quick enough.

Russell-8- i didnt think he was that good, he chassed, won the ball then lost it most of the time, could have got a goal with luck on his side.

Brellier-9-  was very passionate once he got into the game 30 mins onwards, has a good eye for players movement as well as a hard tackle

Dublin-8- winded up the ips**t players, and won many balls welll done that man.

Cureton-8- good chaser, shouild have scored 3 but scored a blinder, plus made some oppurtunities and found space.

Subs-

Croft-7- Good clever runs down the right, linked up well with Otsemobor.

Smith-6-  looked keane when on but didnt get the ball (needs more time)

Hartson-8- shoved every one out of his way, thought he scored a volley, looked very good with cureton

Glen Roeder.8- unlucky to have his side loseing but motivated them well and picked a very good team

Not sure I saw exactly the same game as everyone else but it was a massive improvement over the dross served up for the last 3 months.  Passing football and energy from all quarters;    We were unlucky to be 2 goals down and were the better team on the day. 

can roeder and clark sustain this over the coming month? Heres hoping

Marshall 7 - solid with little chance for either goal

Otsemebor 5 - very poor defensively and mixed going forward;  definitely lacking confidence and exposed his own weakness at the far post again.  Cover needed for right back

Shackell 6 - poor first half when constantly turned by Lee,  better second half when he actually went to and won the ball, so commanding his space;  second half showed why we feel he has potential,  first half highlighted his weaknesses.  More of the lattert shax my boy.

Taylor 7 - solid, good goal,  needs games,  but no real evidence that he is any better than any other central defender at the club.

Lappin 8 - MOTM candidate,  good crossing, read game well,  linked well with hux and bags of committment.

Chadwick 7 - good first half but exceptional second (driving our come back) and a little unlucky to be taken off.  Should start again on Tues.

Rusty 6 - So much committment  but won so little ball, was lighweight on it and gave it away too easily.

Brellier 8 MOTM for me;  had russell efforts - but with effectiveness.  Another that needs to keep it up.

Hux 4 - 6 for effort,  lack delivery and that got what he deserved for a moment of stupidity at the end of the game. 

Cureton 6 - loads of effort (dubiously missing most of the season) and for the forst hal;f missing anyone to link with, missed two excellent chances,  but took the third superbly.    

Dublin 5 - too static;   effective only when we passed the ball directly too him,  but that is too much too ask at this level and so he was inneffective most of the game.

Subs

Hartson 8 - still too large but showed why even limited mobility is a must for our strikers,  hsi introduction turned the game bringing Chadwick and cureton to the fore.

Croft 6 - we lost the momentum we had when he came on,  simply did not scare town.

Smith 6 - no time to have an impact.

Fans - best atmosphere since the prem...

Not sure I saw exactly the same game as everyone else but it was a massive improvement over the dross served up for the last 3 months.  Passing football and energy from all quarters;    We were unlucky to be 2 goals down and were the better team on the day. 

can roeder and clark sustain this over the coming month? Heres hoping

Marshall 7 - solid with little chance for either goal

Otsemebor 5 - very poor defensively and mixed going forward;  definitely lacking confidence and exposed his own weakness at the far post again.  Cover needed for right back

Shackell 6 - poor first half when constantly turned by Lee,  better second half when he actually went to and won the ball, so commanding his space;  second half showed why we feel he has potential,  first half highlighted his weaknesses.  More of the lattert shax my boy.

Taylor 7 - solid, good goal,  needs games,  but no real evidence that he is any better than any other central defender at the club.

Lappin 8 - MOTM candidate,  good crossing, read game well,  linked well with hux and bags of committment.

Chadwick 7 - good first half but exceptional second (driving our come back) and a little unlucky to be taken off.  Should start again on Tues.

Rusty 6 - So much committment  but won so little ball, was lighweight on it and gave it away too easily.

Brellier 8 MOTM for me;  had russell efforts - but with effectiveness.  Another that needs to keep it up.

Hux 4 - 6 for effort,  lack delivery and that got what he deserved for a moment of stupidity at the end of the game. 

Cureton 6 - loads of effort (dubiously missing most of the season) and for the forst hal;f missing anyone to link with, missed two excellent chances,  but took the third superbly.    

Dublin 5 - too static;   effective only when we passed the ball directly too him,  but that is too much too ask at this level and so he was inneffective most of the game.

Subs

Hartson 8 - still too large but showed why even limited mobility is a must for our strikers,  hsi introduction turned the game bringing Chadwick and cureton to the fore.

Croft 6 - we lost the momentum we had when he came on,  simply did not scare town.

Smith 6 - no time to have an impact.

Fans - best atmosphere since the prem...

[/quote]

You say that about Russ but having now sat down and watched the game again, i deliberately looked out for this and he only gave away 2 passes and 1 of them he then won back straight away. His best game this season.

[/quote]

You say that about Russ but having now sat down and watched the game again, i deliberately looked out for this and he only gave away 2 passes and 1 of them he then won back straight away. His best game this season.

[quote user="can u sit down please"]

[quote user="T07"]Russell has an annoying habit of losing the ball cheaply.....Lappin has best left foot we''ve seen for years - way better than Dreary[/quote]

[/quote]i thought he looked much better than when i saw him against cardiff. closed down alot more and worked hard for the ball.

Watchhing on sky all games this season and today also watch already replay on Sport Italia channel just...

First to say this is all that we need !

Fighters all 90 minutes chase the ball chase the challenge and result is not matter playing like this results is matter of time!

Marshall-7.5   Good game with some vital stops especialy 5 min grom time one on one with Ipshit forward.

Ostemaboor 9! My MOM impressive game never stop running stop imp balls always keep the ball good in attack full of confidence really top game for him!

Taylor-7.5 Good game nice goal but think for secund goal was mistake to keep post and not to attack the ball.Luck match fitness but sure is good additio(wonder Doc back what will be CB payr?)

Shack-8.5 Really good game very confident also very near to score only left post stop the goal.

Lappin -8.5 Very good game can say this guy play at his 110% today.Most of the game keep posession in attack and both with Ostemaboor make the difference involved so much in the game today!

Huck-7.5-SOme good runs but still this many deffeats cost him more to be confident and this is key for him.Stupid faul 1 min before end will bring boss selection dillema next few games.

Russell-8.5 Non stopp run and chase the ball very good game completly different player from this guy that play against QPR.Keep it son we need this type middf player.

Brellier-8.0Sollid game not shine but good close the gap many times shuld be regular in front of Jarvis etc...

Chadwick-8.5 Nice display must score or pass to Cureton when dribling and stay alone with keeper but sure nice work from Chaders

DIon 7.5-Sollid some nice attamepts with header at end of half receive inj hope not to be missed so long we need this leader on the field!

Cureton -8.0 miss 2 really 100% chanses tipical must be goals from this tipe of strikers but scored really amaizing goal!Hope this goal to turn season for Jamie we need that!

Subs;Big John  -8never can play all 90 min just not power for more than 35 min but keep ball in the box good +always body pressence some nice shoots too

Croft-7  2 good runs keep ball still look like is not for full game, and SMith play not so much to deserved rating...

Overall really crazy open game with many chanses and I think Roeder will turn things for sure and back in the game today will add confindence on players legs only bad is that we face in 48 hours the leaders + some imp players will be out(drurry-doc-huck-dion)

Today game make me proud to be yellow!!! Full credit to Mr. Roeder and lets fans to be behind the time all the time in this long long season!

After this performence will try to find next 1-2 months time to be at Carrow Road :)

sorry for bad english boys and good luck to this new era at NCFC!

[quote user="Borislav Trifonov"]

Ostemaboor 9! My MOM impressive game never stop running stop imp balls always keep the ball good in attack full of confidence really top game for him!

are you mad he was our worst player today he can''t defend!!!!!!!!!

[/quote]

I would like to send a big shout out to-

well, just about everyone! What a performance!

Chadwick, Lappin, Otsemobor, Cureton, and most of all Brellier have come in for some real slating on here and played absolutely brilliantly for us today. Kept them on the back foot for all of the game, very unlucky to be 2 down at half time to a team that was meant to be ''free-scoring''.

Another big say for the fans, I have never ever heard on the ball sung with more noise and passion than that, and we deserved nothing less than the win today! Hucks- what were you up to mate that was unnesscecary!

Mr Roeder you have my full backing, for the first time this season we put on players that suggested we were trying to win it rather than sit back.

Please please keep that level of commitment and Watford will look like wee girls on Tuesday!

However, we must wait until we play a few gritty games (away to Stoke always comes up in these arguments, wonder why...) to judge whether this new age will bear fruit.

My MoM was Brellier, ran and ran, hardly missed a tackle and went in hard, got forward and did anyone see the outside of the foot ball to Russel? I may sound big headed but before this game I Almost perpetually said he would do well in this game!

COME ON THE CITY!