Sign in to follow this  
blahblahblah

Job Number 2 on Monday : loan a left-back !

Drury out for months, Huckerby out for 3 games.  Who does this leave us with on the left ?  Lappin can play left-back, but probably prefers a midfield position.  Murray has proven to be pretty poor there, in previous games, I don''t know how much credence to give to those games now though after todays'' performance.

Ideally, I''d like to see us loan in a left-back for the game against Watford, I''m guessing that Glenn Roeder has already made phone calls to this end after hearing of Drurys'' injury.

[quote user="blahblahblah"]

Drury out for months, Huckerby out for 3 games.  Who does this leave us with on the left ?  Lappin can play left-back, but probably prefers a midfield position.  Murray has proven to be pretty poor there, in previous games, I don''t know how much credence to give to those games now though after todays'' performance.

Ideally, I''d like to see us loan in a left-back for the game against Watford, I''m guessing that Glenn Roeder has already made phone calls to this end after hearing of Drurys'' injury.

[/quote]

Sorry blahx3 but that would see, if I catch your drift a return to midfield for Lappin. That’s a no go for me. I''ve seen enough of him in midfield to last me a life time. Not good enough there for my liking. He did fine at fullback. Why not loan a left winger. That’s what we will need. A months loan would do us fine.

[quote]Sorry blahx3 but that would see, if I catch your drift a return to midfield for Lappin. That’s a no go for me. I''ve seen enough of him in midfield to last me a life time. Not good enough there for my liking. He did fine at fullback. Why not loan a left winger. That’s what we will need. A months loan would do us fine.[/quote]

Assuming we can''t get anyone in before Tuesday, who would you put on the left-wing ?  I was suggesting a left-back on the basis that we probably don''t have a left-winger in the team, but I guess they''re fairly inter-changeable, and it should be down to what Lappins'' best position is in the circumstances.

For Tuesday, I have a feeling that we''ll end up with Murray at left-back, and Lappin on the left wing.  As you say, both have been poor in previous games in these positions, is it possible that with the new impetus of Roeders'' arrival, the team might play better as a unit, and they might have better individual games in these positions as a result ?

It''s not a straw in my hands, honest [:)]...

Keiran Gibbs from Arsenal, thats what i think, played excellently at left back the other day, but often plays at left wing, perfect match then surely?

[quote]Keiran Gibbs from Arsenal, thats what i think, played excellently at left back the other day, but often plays at left wing, perfect match then surely?[/quote]

I like this idea.  I like it a lot.  Roeder certainly has contacts at Arsenal, and with their B team being in the Quarter final of the League Cup (December 18th), you could argue that we could take him for a month I suppose. 

How Lappin was sky man of the match ill never know. He was awful. Thought the first half he was easily beaten, look at the cross in the first minute.

The 2nd half they didnt run at him nearly as much as the first half

[quote user="roland rat"]

How Lappin was sky man of the match ill never know. He was awful. Thought the first half he was easily beaten, look at the cross in the first minute.

[/quote]

Obviously you missed most of the match Rat.

Lappin had his best game for City today and not far behind Chadwick for MOM.

[/quote]

Absolute rubbish! The guy played really well in a position that is obviously not his favoured one! MOM for me would have been Russell but Lappin was right up there to!

I agree. We sure do need a dedicated left-back.

I think Lappan has the potentual to be a good player for us. He has some quality about him, especially taking dead balls.

But I don''t think he''s a left-back, and although did some great things in attack for us today, at many times he was left looking lost in defence, where it matters more for a full-back.

We sure need to get that right until Drury is back.

JUst a thought so dont crucify me.....could we not go with 3-5-2?

Marshall

Murray Taylor Shackell

Otsemobor                  Lappin

Russell Brellier Smith

Cureton Hartson

I think the 3 at the back would help control Watfords attacking threat and by packing CM it will go a long way in stamping our authority in the engine room.

To me it doesnt look that bad,not accommodating anyone outta position....thoughts???

Bit risky, to change it all up, especially a team as strong as Watford. I think Glenn may bring someone in...and yes i still hope its Gibbs!

[/quote]

rat im with you. poor first half, better second. lacks pace and it showed, he looked better when we were going forward tho