Sign in to follow this  
cartwheel

THANK YOU GLEN!

just got back from the game and for the first time in ages,i feel HAPPY! i have just watched norwich give it everything. and even at half-time 2-0 down a few of us were talking, and could not believe we were losing. as we were playing so well. and thatsthe thing,as long as us fans can see the players want it! and are giving there all. WE ARE HAPPY!

so a big thank you glen and your team,for entertaining us. you were AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!

Agreed cartwheel !  I also liked the way he tried to get the crowd up for it before kick-off, nice clap around all the stands, even the old duffers in the City Stand were clapping !

[quote user="blahblahblah"]Agreed cartwheel !  I also liked the way he tried to get the crowd up for it before kick-off, nice clap around all the stands, even the old duffers in the City Stand were clapping ![/quote]

Excuse me I''m not an old duffer [:D] But yes his clenched fist got the City Stand well up for it, first time this season I''ve heard them shouting cmon you yellows [:D]

[quote user="blahblahblah"]Agreed cartwheel !  I also liked the way he tried to get the crowd up for it before kick-off, nice clap around all the stands, even the old duffers in the City Stand were clapping ![/quote]

In the ZZzzity Stand, you could hear their joints creaking and squealing - as the ''duffers'' rose unsteadily to their feet in response to Roeder''s shaky fisty. After a clap from the ''clapped out,'' a concerned steward had to spray cod liver oil from a large dispenser over the veteran followers of City......to assist in easing their uncontrolled lowering and eventual return to their pews and snug blankets....(Some of the more sprightly were actually re-seated before the halftime whistle).....But unfortunately, only having to repeat the process once again - so as they could shuffle into the Cathedral/Catheter Lounge - for a well earned break, removal of naggin'' dentures - and a cuppa an'' cookies.....

Me? By the time the Seniors have vacated the row and the exit aisle - then negotiated the stairs....the teams are back on the pitch for the 2nd half......So I just go without refreshment and a piddle. Come full-time though, I have a bladder the size of a space-hopper....and I don''t know how much more I can tolerate this terrible discomfort - before I accidentally end up hosing down those poor ageing unfortunates - that are seated in my immediate surroundings.....

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

In the ZZzzity Stand, you could hear their joints creaking and squealing - as the ''duffers'' rose unsteadily to their feet in response to Roeder''s shaky fisty. After a clap from the ''clapped out,'' a concerned steward had to spray cod liver oil from a large dispenser over the veteran followers of City......to assist in easing their uncontrolled lowering and eventual return to their pews and snug blankets....(Some of the more sprightly were actually re-seated before the halftime whistle).....But unfortunately, only having to repeat the process once again - so as they could shuffle into the Cathedral/Catheter Lounge - for a well earned break, removal of naggin'' dentures - and a cuppa an'' cookies.....

Me? By the time the Seniors have vacated the row and the exit aisle - then negotiated the stairs....the teams are back on the pitch for the 2nd half......So I just go without refreshment and a piddle. Come full-time though, I have a bladder the size of a space-hopper....and I don''t know how much more I can tolerate this terrible discomfort - before I accidentally end up hosing down those poor ageing unfortunates - that are seated in my immediate surroundings.....

[/quote]

Brilliant Mello...''hosing down''! Has been a fantastic day (especially in performance and attitude), and this forum is also reaping the benefits.

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

[/quote]

Mellow you lovely old boy , never forget those around you are City fans , and dare i say it you will get old one day , there is nothing more certain in life than that.[;)] arrdee

[quote user="arrdee"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

[/quote]

Mellow you lovely old boy , never forget those around you are City fans , and dare i say it you will get old one day , there is nothing more certain in life than that.[;)] arrdee

[/quote]

They''re not old arrdee, they''re evergreen and experienced in life.....I converse and joke, and thoroughly enjoy my company on matchdays in being amongst the ''seniors''. Which is why I have continued to occupy my seat for many a good year now. I am no ''spring chickpea'' either......and I did take a gulp of the cod liver oil that was diffused over the ''duffers''......[;)]

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]

At least the Cathedral Lounge is a chav free zone.

[/quote]

No burberry......just barbour an'' harris tweeds....with a dash of corduroy.......boy.

My biggest thanks is for restoring some hope.

More of the same please Glenn and we will win games and move upthe table;   just dont let it be a false glimmer