Sign in to follow this  
Chirping Canary

What positions would you stengthen?

We now have a new manager who I believe has already addressed a vital weakness that two of his predecessors didn''t do by bringing in a new centre back with immediate effect.

However unfortunately being bottom of the league means that everyone should be held accountable, not just the previous manager. With this in mind the playing staff have been sub-standard this season and this need to be urgently looked into.

It should not be overlooked that we do still have some very good players (Huckerby, Curenton, Dublin), but simply not enough and hopefully we do not have an attitude ''that we are too good to go down'' as this is sheer complacency.

Concluding this I personally think we need a new right midfielder (neither Croft or Chadwick have been good enough), centre midfield and striker for competition and a left back for the injured Drury.

Any opinions please?

[quote user="Chirping Canary"]

We now have a new manager who I believe has already addressed a vital weakness that two of his predecessors didn''t do by bringing in a new centre back with immediate effect.

However unfortunately being bottom of the league means that everyone should be held accountable, not just the previous manager. With this in mind the playing staff have been sub-standard this season and this need to be urgently looked into.

It should not be overlooked that we do still have some very good players (Huckerby, Curenton, Dublin), but simply not enough and hopefully we do not have an attitude ''that we are too good to go down'' as this is sheer complacency.

Concluding this I personally think we need a new right midfielder (neither Croft or Chadwick have been good enough), centre midfield and striker for competition and a left back for the injured Drury.

Any opinions please?

[/quote]

Probably the missionary if I had to choose one.....but hey ho...any port in a storm as they say.....

[quote user="CLUCK"][quote user="Chirping Canary"]

[/quote]

Probably the missionary if I had to choose one.....but hey ho...any port in a storm as they say.....

[/quote]As predictable and lacking in imagination as per usual then lol

[quote user="CLUCK"][quote user="Chirping Canary"]

Any opinions please?

[/quote]

[/quote]

oh you adventurous little tiger, not missionary!! Surely its the boards fault for not being ambitious enuff!

A poacher, or a creative midfielder, the type every good team needs, and which we seem to lack...i like Russell, but he hasnt got it, he is a workman, with good abilities, but he doesnt have that inert ability to slip that killer pass....its what we need!

First priority must be a left back - with Drury out for a couple of months we have none.. Bristol strated ripping us to shreds down that side when Drury went off injured.

After that central midfield - although with Smith back, and Fotheringham back soon maybe things will improve there.

Finally a centre forward with pace - we need this as an option against teams with slow back 4s. Riordan?

As I have said all along

Left back cover

a central midfielder who can create and score (may be smith,  but he is only here for a couple more months - jury still out on fozzy as only 1 half decent game) 

a central midfielder who can tackle, wintheball and then keep it,  while scoring a couple

left midfield cover

all need to have some pace

and if we still can get our strikers to score with that then a striker with pace;  however I feel that our strikers can and will score,  given a half decent midfield.  A right midfielder and right back are also needed,  not convinced either chadders or croft will ever give us enough and otsem needs competition to push him and/or coverfor when he is injured.

Whoever is saying Chadwick is not good enough...did not watch todays game, he was simply superb!! As for where we can strengthen there is 4 or 5 places.

1) Left back - this is priority as seen today with too many crosses coming over from that area

2) Attacking midfielder - someone able to knock in a few in a Gerrard-Lampard sort of role...thats really lacking

3) Midfield General - a hard case tough tackler no nonsence guy who''ll support both defence and attack

4) Pacey striker - someone in the Bellamy/Eadie style of old

just to add to those calling for smart to return, I like this player as well...but right now i don''t think he''d fit into any of the required roles in midfield i mentioned so I''d leave him on loan...may send him elsewhere seeing he''s not really being given many 1st team chances at the MK Dons as they don''t wanna change a winning team.