Sign in to follow this  
Hayden

Crouch must be coming!

By signing Leon I think we have brought in a forward who will play off a big striker......step forward Peter Crouch in January.....

well, you''ve got to hope.

Even though I would love to see him return I simply can not see that we will get Crouch back this season.

We cannot bring him back on a short term loan - our 91 days are up. To bring him back on a longer term deal til the end of the season we have to re-sign him before 31st Dec. As DOL cannot sign any replacement before 1st Jan time is definitely not on our side.

As such the only way he can come to us in Jan is if we can sign him. Being young & still having some time to go on his contract he will not be cheap. Our transfer budget has now been exhausted so we are reliant upon the share offer to fund his capture. I fear that we will simply not raise enough to get him here. In addition I am not convinced that NW values him as much as the fans do - the numerous withdrawls hints he was not as valuable to NW as Hux was.

And with our lack of defensive cover would it be wise to spend it all on one player?

I would to be proved wrong tho!

yeah, but now that the old Hucks saga etc has come to an end you can''t help but hope can you Zipper? We have to look forward now and hope Leon does the business for us.

I am astonished that some posts on this website are caining Leon and he hasn''t even kicked a bloody ball for us yet. Give the boy a chance and hope amongst hope that Crouch is coming back. We do need strengthening on the right flank and at the back agreed, whether it will be a prem loan or a lower league signing I don''t know. Any suggestions for useful centre halfs?

I think we may have a chance if Villa sign another striker, Earnshaw I think they are interested in among others. Balaban just left Villa, so they are a striker down, I don''t think big Pete is in O''leary''s plans, so if he can get more cover in his forward department during the transfer window, I think we could get Crouch back, well lets hope anyway!