Sign in to follow this  
Making Plans

Time to get rid of Huckerby - he's a liability we can't afford in our position

I can see that he did much wrong - red was rather harsh and his play during the game was superb!

[quote user="Making Plans"]Discuss[/quote]

Nothing to discuss other than you are an idiot.

[quote user="Jim Kent"]I will take that as a joke and move on.[/quote]

No, not a joke at all. We all know that he is more than capable of seeing red mist on occassions and today was no exception. One minute to go and he get''s sent off. In my mind, and with his track record, especially in games against Ipswich, there is absolutely no doubt that he knew exactly what he was doing. With his experience he would have been fully aware of the consequences, both in terms of getting the red and in terms of missing future games and yet he obviously preferes to seek some sort of twisted glory by having a go at an Ipswich player rather than having the long term future of the Club in mind.

In our position at the bottom of the league we cannot afford, or tolerate, this kind of behaviour and disruptive influence when the new Manager is trying to put together and build a "team" that can get us out of this mess. Well he''s now out for 3 games and I for one hope we win all 3 so he can''t get back in.

There''s no doubt that he has been an absolute star since he came here but his general attitude of late, where he''s been like a bear with a sore head, cummulating with today''s further statement of anger, means that his time is up. Time to get rid while he''s still got a bit of, albeit rapidly diminishing, value in the transfer market.

[quote user="ricardo"]

[/quote][:D]Yeh for real, we actually had the guy we originally signed from Man City back on the pitch today !

It was a silly sending off and Hucks knows that, but the Ippo player made a meal of it, and went in showing his studs too. The ref couldn''t wait to show a red card either.[:|]

[quote user="ricardo"]

[/quote]

Thank you for your constructive contribution  - are you his Mum?

Can''t help but feel that you''re reading far too much into his motives MP.  As has been said, the Ipswich player went in high first, Huckerby shouldn''t have done what he did, but if he hadn''t he''d probably have stud-marks down his leg now.

Can''t blame Hucks for the sending off - looks like he was just trying to prevent himself from having his leg taken out. That''s just football.As for him being a liability and needing to get rid of him - he was our best player in the second half and was constantly tearing their defence to shreds. Ridiculous suggestion, ridiculous thread.

Simple get Gibbs in from Arsenal for a month, this way him and Lappin can play either position down the left, then he can go back to Arsenal with a bit more experience and sharpness ready for the Carling Cup....or keep him on a bit longer.

Are you saying that if you were a man utd fan, u''d have been calling for fergie to sell Ronaldo after his opening day red card?

A red card, can happen to anyone, it was unfortunate.

Hucks is still one of our best players, vital to us.

Both players went in the same, Hucks was a tad higher and there was no intent of tackle on a standing leg so little likelihood of injury. What Huckerby did do was give Styles a chance to firstly deny him a penalty then send him off.

Today Hucks showed signs of being back to something like his form of the second half of last season.  Dont know if this was down to being more match fit or the change in management but either way it is to be welcomed.  Was stupidity to get sent off though at that point in the game.

We can still use a fully fit and motivated Huckerby, it is the moaning one I can do without and whom we have seen more of lately.  I believe he can be trouble behind the scenes (and that is why I think he has played at so many clubs over the years) however if he is on song he can make all the difference so I would not want to write him off just yet.

[quote user="ricardo"]

[/quote]

You have to laugh don''t you Ricardo???

Without Huckerby we would quite simply be as good as down already!!!

I don''t understand your logic of getting rid of our best player.  And who do we replace him with?I thought he went in intentially to do him, was that the same guy who got booked for hauling him down when he was on a run through the middle a few minutes earlier.Teams try to kick him out of the game every week and he gets no protection from referees, every now and then the red mist discends

Hux was a peripheral player today and city were better for it;   yes his challenge was rash and deserved a red,  but it leaves us witha  real problem for the next three games as the only left sided player we have is Eagle,  unless we shift Smith out there...

Hux is no longer critical to the club,  but is still a key player 

NO WAY, both players went in and guess what ipswich twit made a meal of it and got him sent off,he has not been at his best this season but then he showed in the game that he can still do the buisness.

Well the concensus is you are talking pooh and I have to go along with that.

We are in deep trouble and we need every bit of available tallent on board to get us out of it. Huckerby, like most of the team, has been playing poorly of late but there is no doubt that he has the quality to really make a difference. Everybody needs a clean slate and a fresh start to show what they are able to contribute and Hucks is no different to anyone else. Thankfully Roeder is in charge and not you. 

The red card was an accident, a forwards tackle that was poorly timed and executed. Looked awful in Slo-mo but everything does. No need to hang him out to dry. Instead of being head and shoulders above the rest of the team, he now looks like a good player for us, nothing more.

We still need him though. And he should get more fitness when he gets a proper run of games.

A fully deserved and pointless sending off which would not of impressed Roeder on bit. However, it was Hucks best game for a while - and he still isn''t fully fit- even though he still can''t beat his man.

Norwich need a plan b without him as we have relied too heavily on him in the past, so it will be interesting to see what Roeder does. If Huckerby didn''t have his position guaranteed, it may make him more hungry? We shall see...