Sign in to follow this  
hockeymyhero

PRIDE IS RESTORED ?

I FEEL PROUD OF MY TEAM AGAIN TODAY ,IT HAS BEEN SUCH A TERRIBLE START TO THE SEASON ,  DREAMS OF A  PREMIER  RETURN WERE ON MOST FANS WISH LISTS BUT THINGS HAD GONE FROM BAD TO WORSE .   TODAY HAS RESTORED THE FAITH  I AM SURE  IN MOST FANS EYES,  THIS TEAM PLAYED WITH REAL PASSION ,ATTACKING ALL THE MATCH  A JOY FOR ALL TO SEE , THE RESULT WAS SO HARSH ON CITY BUT FOR ALL THE MISTAKES OF THE OFFICIALS IT WAS NOT THEM BUT OUR JAIMIE WHO SOMEHOW MISSED TWO GILT EDGE CHANCES TO SEAL VICTORY  AND YES I KNOW THERE IS A LONG WAY TO GO BUT  WE NOW LOOK LIKE WE CAN GET OUT OF THIS MESS [ STILL A TOUGH JOB ] AND THEN WHO KNOWS WERE WE COULD END UP  . WELL DONE GLENN KEEP IT UP YOU AND CITY JUST MIGHT BE MADE FOR EACH OTHER ?          COME ON CITY........................................ 

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]Thanks for this, couldn''t read it but have printed it off to wear cycling home from work.[/quote]*snigger snigger*[:D]But seriously, great day today

Errrrr......we got a draw at home against a bunch of kids who haven''t won away this season.......

Hardly spectacular but then why let reality get in the way of hysteria?  Get a grip for Gods'' sake.

[quote user="CLUCK"]

Errrrr......we got a draw at home against a bunch of kids who haven''t won away this season.......

Hardly spectacular but then why let reality get in the way of hysteria?  Get a grip for Gods'' sake.

[/quote]

We played well today. But then why let realism get in the way of nihilism?  

[quote user="CLUCK"]

[/quote]

Cluck my ol friend..........

We drew against a bunch of kids......not to knit pick but ................

Our average age of the starting XI was......27.36yrs.(26.78 inc subs used)

The average age of the binmens starting XI was.......27.45.(25.92 inc subs used)

So i disagree with your point saying we drew against a bunch of kids, but if we did...surely they did too. Take DD out of the team our ave age is only 26.....ummm.....interesting stuff hey.

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]He''s scraping around for a negative, that''s all.[/quote]

hardly have to scrape around for negatives do we???

Especially when we have so many fans like you making us an utter laughing stock!!!

Itd be nice for everyone to enjoy a good performance for the first time in weeks without all the negative spin, we were fantastic going forward today, more shots than probably the last month put together, Curetons goal might just set him off on a little run, Roeder really seems up for the job and his two appointments in my opinion will both prove succesfull. The defence did still look leaky, but at least the way we passed the ball we will score goals. Id much rather se entertaining games rather than dull 1-0 losses.

Bring on Watford. OTBC

[quote user="Smudger"]

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]He''s scraping around for a negative, that''s all.[/quote]

Especially when we have so many fans like you making us an utter laughing stock!!!

[/quote]You''re the one that makes me laugh.

There are so many so called fans on these message boards who seem set on only their views being heard WHY i am entitled to my opinion as much as the next fan ,  i maybe new at posting my views but i am not a new city fan in any way ,  my first city game was  60/61 season and yes i have seen some awful performances and some very dodgy city players  [ crickmore , sheffied . blair , ] to name but a few  and  i am aware this does not make my ideas on city more or less important than others but i am sure you will admit i am entittled to them . I DO BELIEVE PRIDE IN OUR CLUB HAS BEEN RESTORED OR AT LEAST WELL ON THE WAY IN ONLY A FEW DAYS BY RECENT AVENTS .  time  will tell were we end up this season but in my mind  very promising signs are there for all to see fingers crossed . COME ON CITY

BooooooooooooooooSmudger and Cluck you are the the biggest losers here. Why try to ruin the good feeling around after yesterdays game? What are you really gettign out of your negativity? Stay away from CR. You are not welcome. Real fans who can drown out the sound of Scummers goal celebration are the real pride of Anglia!OTBC onwards and upwards!

[quote user="PJ Bimbo"]Boooooooooooooooo

Smudger and Cluck you are the the biggest losers here. Why try to ruin the good feeling around after yesterdays game? What are you really gettign out of your negativity? Stay away from CR. You are not welcome. Real fans who can drown out the sound of Scummers goal celebration are the real pride of Anglia!

OTBC onwards and upwards!
[/quote]

Yes they are the losers and how anyone could want us to lose to the Scummers is beyond me.

Ha ha ha ha.......What a bunch of turnips you lot are.......

Get out into the real world and find out how real people live and think....then you might just begin to grasp how embarrasssing you all are. Never before have I encountered so many unworldly mentalities under one "roof"....to the point where not only do I question all things Norwich City right now.....I also question the sheer foolishness of it''s general supporters who fully deserve their nationwide "simpleton" label..

No wonder Smith has been able to fool all of you all of the time.....

[quote user="CLUCK"]

[/quote]

You Sir, need to understand the context of this performance.  Yes it was a DRAW at HOME against a young side who haven''t won away.  It was also a game in which Norwich played good football (since God knows when) against a "BUNCH OF KIDS" who just happen to have been 4th place at the beginning of the weekend. 

THAT, IN CASE IT PASSED YOU BY IS THE REALITY!    

[quote user="CLUCK"]

Ha ha ha ha.......What a bunch of turnips you lot are.......

Get out into the real world and find out how real people live and think....then you might just begin to grasp how embarrasssing you all are. Never before have I encountered so many unworldly mentalities under one "roof"....to the point where not only do I question all things Norwich City right now.....I also question the sheer foolishness of it''s general supporters who fully deserve their nationwide "simpleton" label..

No wonder Smith has been able to fool all of you all of the time.....

[/quote]

Why bother with us then  You could just cluck off!

[quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

To be honest, everyone has had to admit that you and your amoeba brained half wit of a sidekick have had a point about the state of the club and yes everyone is obviously concerned (and, no, I''m not stupid enough to think that yesterday represented a turn around in our fortunes) - but your pig-headed obstinance in refusing to acknowledge any positive aspects to yesterday''s game has just proved to everybody that you are only interested in denigrating our club at any cost.

And if you can''t see that any sc*m fan would get more of a laugh out of your posts on here (i.e. wanting Ipswich to win the local derby) than the majority of posts by other concerned posters, then you are even more stupid than you seem which is really saying something. [:O]  

Cluck - I am far from happy with our predicament but even I am happy with the performance yesterday. As Blah x 3 says it is easy to motivate yourself for a new manager in a derby game the acid test comes on a cold night awy to Scunthorpe, that said I feel there was some good signs in terms of the technical and tactical nous of Mr Roeder. I am not sure where you get this "simpleton" label thing from, I have had the pleasure of travelling the lenghth and breadth of this sceptered isle and I have not heard of Norwich City being given this label, in fact I suspect that most footy fans only care about their own team and really could not give a toss about what is happening  elsewhere. That you use such sweeping generalisations shows that your (usually high) standards are slipping........

[quote user="CLUCK"]

[/quote]

OK I can understand not getting over-hysterical about a draw at home (although I am pleased to have gotten something). After all if we had drawn to anyone else we wouldn''t be looking at it in quite such a spectacular way, but I think what people are giving merit to is the performance, the fighting back from 2-0 down etc.

The thing I don''t get about your statement is if we lose/draw to a bunch of kids we''re apparently rubbish, if we lose/draw to a bunch of old boys we''re apparently rubbish.

[quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]Cluck - I am far from happy with our predicament but even I am happy with the performance yesterday. As Blah x 3 says it is easy to motivate yourself for a new manager in a derby game the acid test comes on a cold night awy to Scunthorpe, that said I feel there was some good signs in terms of the technical and tactical nous of Mr Roeder. I am not sure where you get this "simpleton" label thing from, I have had the pleasure of travelling the lenghth and breadth of this sceptered isle and I have not heard of Norwich City being given this label, in fact I suspect that most footy fans only care about their own team and really could not give a toss about what is happening  elsewhere. That you use such sweeping generalisations shows that your (usually high) standards are slipping........[/quote]

Agreed 100%

Where the hell the simpleton label comes from is beyond me. Some people don''t even know where Norwich is, nevermind weather it has a football team or not.