Sign in to follow this  
Syteanric

1 game does not make the season!

yes today was good but lets not all get carried away.. we are still bottom of the league and still have a hell of a long way to go!

we need to get 55 points as soon as we can to be safe i reckon.. thats a win in every 3 or 4 games i think... a tough task and the players no need to rise to the challenge.

Roeder will get another Loanee in i think.. but the rest of the squad needs to pull together now and drag us away from the bottom 3...

Mid table has to be the aim and the sooner we get there the better

jas :)

I think we''ll need 50 points rather than 55 and we should be aiming for 21st given the circumstances. It''s going to be difficult and I''m not convinced we''re good enough overall but if we keep performing like that then we''ll have a great chance.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

yes today was good but lets not all get carried away.. we are still bottom of the league and still have a hell of a long way to go!

we need to get 55 points as soon as we can to be safe i reckon.. thats a win in every 3 or 4 games i think... a tough task and the players no need to rise to the challenge.

Roeder will get another Loanee in i think.. but the rest of the squad needs to pull together now and drag us away from the bottom 3...

Mid table has to be the aim and the sooner we get there the better

[/quote]I take it you weren''t good at maths jas.A win every 3 to 4 games is going to get us relegated.We need to win every other game(more or less)[:)]

agreed jas but i think we did ourselves proud today, and whilst it may only be one game, its a bloody good start. only time will tell but if we play like that all season, we wont get turned over too many times...

Couldn''t agree more.  Today was great but there''s a heck of a long way to go.  My heart is in my mouth for the Watford trip. We could all come down with a bump come Tues night.  Let''s hope the players can build on this but beating Watford away is a big ask (though WBA did stuff them Sat - well they stuffed us too the previous game). 

[quote user="Jules"]Couldn''t agree more.  Today was great but there''s a heck of a long way to go.  My heart is in my mouth for the Watford trip. We could all come down with a bump come Tues night.  Let''s hope the players can build on this but beating Watford away is a big ask (though WBA did stuff them Sat - well they stuffed us too the previous game). 
[/quote]

It will be hard to beat Watford away on tuesday, we might beat them at home though!

We made one of the leagues form sides look average in the second half, if Cureton had buried his chances we could well have won the game today (linesman could have helped).

A couple of wins with performances like that and the confidence should come on in leaps and bounds.  14 wins from 32 games will keep us up.  We can help with that, make some noise at Carrow Road and help turn it into a fortress once again.  Too early to get carried away after one game but the promise is there, and the football was great to watch today.

[quote user="jimmy500"]

We made one of the leagues form sides look average in the second half, if Cureton had buried his chances we could well have won the game today (linesman could have helped).

A couple of wins with performances like that and the confidence should come on in leaps and bounds.  14 wins from 32 games will keep us up.  We can help with that, make some noise at Carrow Road and help turn it into a fortress once again.  Too early to get carried away after one game but the promise is there, and the football was great to watch today.

[/quote]

They haven''t won away all season...and we only got a draw.....

We did play well today but we still need to bring some more players in on loan, Roeder is talking of bringing 3 or 4 more loans in, if he can get the right players in I can see us climbing the table but the team we have at the moment aren''t capable of performing to todays level on a consistent basis. The worrying thing is that as well as we have played today we still haven''t won a game we desperately needed to win, we now need to beat Watford on Tuesday which is a tall order but by no means impossible.

[quote user="CLUCK"][quote user="jimmy500"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Better than a defeat though isn''t it, thats what we have been getting.  And even you must admit that it was nice to see a good performance for a change.  Good passing football.  A massive improvement on the long ball rubbish we have got used to.

well said cluck

hard to see norwich playing like that away from home isn''t it.

there are what, 32 games left and we would probably need about 13 or 14 wins to stay up with only 16 home games left

we are definatly going to need some away wins from somewhere

there are bound to be injuries to key players and suspensions (huckerby)

so good luck norwich you will need it 

[/quote]

They haven''t won away all season

[/quote]

..and they still haven''t...

[/quote]

[/quote]

what looks better cluck "struggling relegation battlers fight back to earn point against Playoff hopefuls" or "premiership dreamers squander points against leagues bottom side"??