Sign in to follow this  
FU MAN SHOE

Style's style?

Do you think we really need the biggest names in refereeing, officiating in the Championship?  We get a prime TV sports slot and we get one those names who are on TV week in, week out on Premiership duty. They''ve got to make their presence known and be seen, and for me their decisions are what too often turn games, not the effort and skill of players and teams. I really worried when  I saw that ''Mr Card'' Styles was on duty today.

Do they really worry that a ''lesser'' referee will mess up on the telly?

the reason he was there is because he wasnt given a premiership fixture this week, and it doesnt take much intelligence to realise why he wasnt!

I''ve never been impressed by a ref from the premiership group reffing championship games. They are big timecharlies, trying to be the centre of attention.

He can fcuk off back to the prem, because i dont want him.

Styles is an exhibitionist fool. I can honestly say I didn''t think there were many fouls in the entire match and the game was played quite fairly by both sets of players. Styles could have kept his cards in his pocket, apart from possibly the Hucks incident. Why can''t these over zealous refs understand that when a player goes to ground in a challenge,it is just as likely to be a fair tackle as it is an illegal one. Sometimes it is impossible to take the ball out of another player''s possession without accidently tripping him. Still, despite Styles best efforts to ruin the spectacle, I thought the match was an excellent advert for football as a form of entertainment.