Sign in to follow this  
ManchesterCanary

Ipswich are Impressive!

What the #*#* you may ask?!  However, at the risk of being slaughtered by the more prejudiced among us I have to say it is difficult not to be impressed by the Ipswich team. They have shown the way by investing and trusting in youth and sticking with a manager who seems very capable (who incidentally did not do much when he first arrived). Their supporters are one thing, no love lost there of course and I have had my own fair share of rucks with them in the distant past, but that does not stop me admiring the way their team now play their football. I know our defense is far from assured but at times yesterday they carved us open and are currently a good benchmark for us as a team. For them to win the youth cup was some achievement! Its good for the region as a whole and anyway it would not be so interesting if we were superior all the time...it will make it much the sweeter when we catch them up on youth culture, style and results under Roeder (which I have a feeling we will). Lets put a stop to the managerial merry go round, cease the incessant slagging of manager and board and get right behind them now as we did Sunday...it seems to make such a positive difference to the confidence of the team...and the upbeat quality of posts on this forum !

[quote user="ManchesterCanary"]

What the #*#* you may ask?!  However, at the risk of being slaughtered by the more prejudiced among us I have to say it is difficult not to be impressed by the Ipswich team. They have shown the way by investing and trusting in youth and sticking with a manager who seems very capable (who incidentally did not do much when he first arrived). Their supporters are one thing, no love lost there of course and I have had my own fair share of rucks with them in the distant past, but that does not stop me admiring the way their team now play their football. I know our defense is far from assured but at times yesterday they carved us open and are currently a good benchmark for us as a team. For them to win the youth cup was some achievement! Its good for the region as a whole and anyway it would not be so interesting if we were superior all the time...it will make it much the sweeter when we catch them up on youth culture, style and results under Roeder (which I have a feeling we will). Lets put a stop to the managerial merry go round, cease the incessant slagging of manager and board and get right behind them now as we did Sunday...it seems to make such a positive difference to the confidence of the team...and the upbeat quality of posts on this forum !

[/quote]

Agreeing wuite a lot tonight, but with their finances before mr big came in, they do have a great academy, which we should be doing as good as them, they never deviate from their traditonal style of football. That being said I still hate them and always will.

God I hope that the deal falls through and they finish below us, that would be great, if they manage to get the money in, in January, then they will more than likely get promoted and I will have to go aboad because of the shame,

I agree that they are looking decent but that must make us as good as them seeing we drew with them and outplayed them in every department.

yep, their first goal was certainly a product of wonderful football and not a route one hoof it down the middle no comment on the one hour or 90 minute rule that affects how far youngsters can travel, a massive boost for th binners being close to Londonno mention of that they are in existence through defrauding people, had they had been made to pay for all they took they would have been down with Leeds, Notts Forest, Barnsley and Bradford - and  this doesn''t even include the £36m they still owethe so called super youth on display looked pretty average - I was led to believe I was going to see Busby''s Babes or somethinggive them a few injuries and then we''ll see how their squad copes - a squad so thin that it makes Kate Moss look like Alan Brazil

Admitting that is like admitting to a f@rt in polite company.

......It may be the truth but lets not talk about it!

[quote user="Ralph Wright"]yep, their first goal was certainly a product of wonderful football and not a route one hoof it down the middle
[/quote]

Not a hoof down the middle?? i remember it coming from a massive goal kick........