Sign in to follow this  
Carrow89

Awesome, bloody awesome

Just rewatched the game (taped off the telly)The number of times that we ripped into them and won possession from them when they had the ball was staggering. If Roeder has done anything he has got the players playing with belief and paasion -  playing the game as it should be played, getting stuck in. Chadwick and Russell were like men possessed, Cureton and Dublin seemed to believe that if they had a go they could score and both fullbacks finally had a sense they they had a part in this new attacking play.On a good day we would have had at least two penalties, add the couple of cracking saves from the binner keeper and the others missed by us and the score could well have been in our favour. Lop off the second goal for the binners that was over the line and we would have been home and dry (a further point on that matter is that it makes a mockery of the anti-football lobby''s clamour for cameras between the goal posts).Having watched the players it does expose the myth about the supposed rubbish that was signed by the club. Somewhere, somehow, something was not motivating the players. If today was anything to go by then that something is here. Long may it reign.Likewise, long may the crowd''s support continue in this fashion. My god, it was like the old days. Not only the noise but more importantly the atmosphere. My nephew was sitting in the upper Barclay close to the cockney wannabe filth and said that after the second goal went in the filth seemed to visible shrink.Sadly they didn''t shrink enough because the cleaners were seen in the away end around 5 O''Clock scrubbing the seats with Cillit Bin - removing the stench of suffolk bullsh1t I shouldn''t wonder.Roll on Tuesday.

[quote user="Ralph Wright"]Just rewatched the game (taped off the telly)

Having watched the players it does expose the myth about the supposed rubbish that was signed by the club. Somewhere, somehow, something was not motivating the players. [/quote]

I will, and will stand by, my feeling that we have always had a very decent team on paper this season, and should certainly be doing MUCH better. The performances of certain players recently suggested to me that something was wrong with the then manager, not their ability. Lack of confidence could kill Ronaldinho or Rooney let alone our lads, and this has been a major problem this year. People like Ricky Knight, who''s attitude is ''I pay the money so i have a right to abuse the players'' stinks...What a kn*b. There''s a good bunch of players at CR, get behind them and reap the rewards [;)]

Yep, I think it''s been confirmed this morning. Roeder is a much calmer chap all together. Grants ranting and shouting was putting the players off - you reach a stage where you play safe each time to avoid being shouted at. On a lighter side the local pub had a binner in at yesterday''s game as it was being shown live. Apparently he''d asked if everyone could sit in silence and watch the game. He even complained that people were sat too close together. The landlord became so concerned that he''d had to get out a bit of chain and to tie up the charity box.By halftime things had changed, as had the binners accent. From rural suffolk he was now in full Jamie Oliver mode. Two goals later and he slunk off to the toilet never to return.Oddily enough the guy sat astride the village bonfire this morning has on a blue shirt with an idiot face drawn on it''s mask. I do hope not.

[quote user="Ralph Wright"]Just rewatched the game (taped off the telly)The number of times that we ripped into them and won possession from them when they had the ball was staggering. If Roeder has done anything he has got the players playing with belief and paasion -  playing the game as it should be played, getting stuck in. Chadwick and Russell were like men possessed, Cureton and Dublin seemed to believe that if they had a go they could score and both fullbacks finally had a sense they they had a part in this new attacking play.On a good day we would have had at least two penalties, add the couple of cracking saves from the binner keeper and the others missed by us and the score could well have been in our favour. Lop off the second goal for the binners that was over the line and we would have been home and dry (a further point on that matter is that it makes a mockery of the anti-football lobby''s clamour for cameras between the goal posts).Having watched the players it does expose the myth about the supposed rubbish that was signed by the club. Somewhere, somehow, something was not motivating the players. If today was anything to go by then that something is here. Long may it reign.Likewise, long may the crowd''s support continue in this fashion. My god, it was like the old days. Not only the noise but more importantly the atmosphere. My nephew was sitting in the upper Barclay close to the cockney wannabe filth and said that after the second goal went in the filth seemed to visible shrink.Sadly they didn''t shrink enough because the cleaners were seen in the away end around 5 O''Clock scrubbing the seats with Cillit Bin - removing the stench of suffolk bullsh1t I shouldn''t wonder.Roll on Tuesday.[/quote]Love this post Ralph, made my day - esp last two paras!

I think the way Glen Roeder came out and clenched his fists at all 4 corners of the ground as if to say c''mon this is war today and we''re in it together set the scene and helped to make the atmosphere awesome.

Sent shivers down my spine.