Sign in to follow this  
albyella

IF THERE IS ANY DOUBT, READ THIS.....

I work with 2 x Arsenal, 2 x Chelsea, 3 x Wycombe, 1 x Watford and 1 x Slough (??) supporter, and without exception ALL commented on the excitement of match, but most importantly the committment shown by the whole team, the willingness to give it all and the "HIGH STANDARD OF PLAY" - and believe me, these guys were just waiting for us to slip up again so I could receive some momentous stick...to a man (actually 1 is a woman), they cannot believe we are bottom of the stack.

I know exactly what the response will be from some corners of this site, so to those who bang on about ineffective players and this would only be a one-off I say this --- to perform that way testerday, the players had to have it in them. If they have it in them, then it needed a decent manager/coach to bring it out of them. If it can be brought out of them, then they can repeat that performance - simple logic really.

I for one am proud of the way the team and supporters performed yesterday, I am doubly proud of the way we didn''t fold at half time and came out with renewed ambition - and I am revelling in some optimism that we can fight our way out of the relegation zone and at the very least start next season in this division.

If you can''t raise your game for a local derby, and the first game for the new boss, you should stop playing football.  I''d like to know if the same players are up for it away to Scunthorpe.The performance was extremely encouraging, but we still need 41 points minimum from 32 games.  If we play every game like we did against Ipswich then I can''t see us being relegated.  Away form will be crucial.

Well said mate. It''s nice to hear that supporters of other teams appreciated the quality we showed yesterday. To my mind that is the best, most entertaining, City match I have seen for a long, long time. If Glenn can keep up the good work for the remainder of the season, we are not going down!

[quote user="blahblahblah"]If you can''t raise your game for a local derby, and the first game for the new boss, you should stop playing football.  I''d like to know if the same players are up for it away to Scunthorpe.

The performance was extremely encouraging, but we still need 41 points minimum from 32 games.  If we play every game like we did against Ipswich then I can''t see us being relegated.  Away form will be crucial.
[/quote]

Absolutely spot on!

As encouraging and exciting as it was, the real test is over the next few weeks with the likes of Coventry, Plymouth - at home, Blackpool, Stoke - away. Hard battling draws in those games will be no good, they must be won.

[quote user="blahblahblah"]If you can''t raise your game for a local derby, and the first game for the new boss, you should stop playing football.  I''d like to know if the same players are up for it away to Scunthorpe.

[/quote]

I still don''t know why they weren''t up for it at home to Scunthorpe and all those other games apart from the odd half hour. That''s what worries me most. I am more positive than many but the way we have folded in the past worries me still. The players have to take responsibility for the situation we are in as well as praise for the game on Sunday.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

I still don''t know why they weren''t up for it at home to Scunthorpe and all those other games apart from the odd half hour. That''s what worries me most. I am more positive than many but the way we have folded in the past worries me still. The players have to take responsibility for the situation we are in as well as praise for the game on Sunday.

[/quote]

agreed NN... the players were fired up for the big one.. but the derby is only twice a season.. its grinding out results against the likes of QPR and Plymouth that matter.. something we have thus far seemed incapable of doing.

jas :)

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Grant''s embarrassing management can''t have helped. Worse than Hamilton.

Hopefully the players will continue in the same vein tonight!!