Sign in to follow this  
HookNortonCanary

Stoke Game on Dec 1st

Im thinking of making the trip on decemeber the 1st.....i was wondering if somebody who has been to the britannia before could help me out, i will have to get the train from coventry as im a student there, is there a train station near the stadium in stoke?

Also, i was wondering, every away day i go to, i see several away fans buses.....do these buses just go from norwich or lots of different places?

Thanks!

there is a train station.but it is a good 30 mins walk to the ground,better of getting a taxi from the station has it is hard to find the ground from the station.if you need further help keep in touch thru this site and i could arrange to possibly meet you on the match day,as there are 4/5 norwich fans i know living in stoke

Copy and paste from another site.Hope it helps.

Stoke station is just under three miles from the stadium and really is too far to walk, so it is probably best to hire a taxi. Tim Rigby a visiting Wolves fan adds ''there are some shuttle buses than run from Glebe Street in Stoke up to the Britannia Stadium, which depart every 15 minutes before kick off. There are return buses after the game back to Glebe Street from behind the Sentinel (East) Stand''. Björn Sandström adds; ''To catch this bus, turn right from the station and head down Station Road. At the bottom of Station Road at the traffic lights by the Roebuck Hotel, turn right to go along Leek Road (A52). Then go straight across the A500 dual carriageway and into Glebe Street which is straight across in front of you. You should then see the line of buses that will take you to the stadium. It is only about a five minute walk from the station''. The shuttle bus costs for a return ticket £3 Adults, £2 Children and £1.50 OAP''s.

Britannia Stadium is a fair walk from the train station. The stadium is next to the bypass on the A50. Would suggest the taxi or bus option.

Stoke fans have a rep, but never had any trouble there myself. The staduim is quite impressive, but too many open sides for a great atmosphere. We always take a good following there, so you will not be alone by any means and will be there myself with a few others from the midlands area. Suggest you take up the offer by an earlier poster and with them being local I am sure you will have a great day.  

Stokes Stadium is in the middle of an industrial estate....  quite hard to find....

go to port Vale instead.. do some scouting for our league encounters next season ;)

jas :)

I walk to the Britannia and I live 5 mins further away than the station, it''s quite a nice walk cos u go down the canal and the Stoke fans all bunch together and sing on their way down.

It''s a stupid ground because it isn''t near anything other than a Travel Lodge and a Powerlague. A good 5 miles from the City Centre, Hanley, so If you''re after having a few drinks with ur matchday experience I''d go somewhere better. 

It''s bloody cold aswell on a windy day, unless they''ve built corner in-fills since I went.  I remember it being on an incline, leaving the crowd rather open to the elements.Wrap up warm !