Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

32 matches 20 wins 6 draws 6 losses 75 points play-offs

Possible? - yes.

Likely? - no.

But if we beat Watford tomorrow, could we be at the start of a roll? Odds tumbling......

We''ve had plenty of miracles before. [Before what is another story, and not for today]

Oh dear, I woke up!!!

Still it was a great dream - and ain''t that just what it''s all about.

[:D]

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

Possible? - yes.

Likely? - no.

But if we beat Watford tomorrow, could we be at the start of a roll? Odds tumbling......

We''ve had plenty of miracles before. [Before what is another story, and not for today]

Oh dear, I woke up!!!

OTBC

[/quote]

I would love it mate, love it, doubt it will happen and yer me be getting carried away slightly, but to be slightly more happier and confident about the future is a lot better than being pissed off about everything, I reckon the next 2 matches will shape our season, we had a good result yesterday but we should have got 3 points, if we get 6 points over the next 2 games, then we will have beaten a top 6 team and a team away from home. Lets all try to be positive for now, it does no one no good if we moan and bitch about everything, thats not being a sheep, its being a positive.

You''ll beat Watford for sure, and you have a great manager in Glenn Roeder. Just dont get promoted too soon, I want to see Yeovil play at Carrow Road when we get promoted [:D]

We could get smashed to bits and relegated, or as a lot of us suspect, we could play to our capabililty and by some miracle get to the play-offs.  Anything can still happen.

What is essential is that the fans get behind the team and lift them like on Sunday, that we keep the Birmingham guy on loan until the end of the season as he is MILES ahead of our current defenders in terms of quality, and that we get Jimmy Smith playing, he is going to be a big player for us if we can find a place for him.

Anything is possible. 

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

Possible? - yes.

Likely? - no.

Oh dear, I woke up!!!

OTBC

[/quote]

[quote user="JC"]

... we keep the Birmingham guy on loan until the end of the season as he is MILES ahead of our current defenders in terms of quality  ...

[/quote]

I don''t get this viewpoint at all. Watch the derby again - two hesitations, two goals conceded. I think he will turn into a good signing when he''s match ready, but he made critical errors on Sunday.

Going by Roeder''s track record, and assuming the best case of the 45% win rate he had as Newcastle manager:

this would be 32 matches - 14 wins, 9 draws, 9 defeats

60 points - mid-table respectability

I would settle for that right now.

And don''t get me wrong, I''d love us to be this year''s Sunderland.

What you need to ''get'' from ''watching'' is that he looks comfortable and not stretched when challenged, goes forward, and instills a confidence that Docherty simply cannot ever achieve.  Even Roeder said  he added confidence to the defence so obviously you not getting it is a personal thing!

[quote user="Mook"][quote user="JC"]

... we keep the Birmingham guy on loan until the end of the season as he is MILES ahead of our current defenders in terms of quality  ...

[/quote]

I don''t get this viewpoint at all. Watch the derby again - two hesitations, two goals conceded. I think he will turn into a good signing when he''s match ready, but he made critical errors on Sunday.

[/quote]

[quote user="JC"]

What you need to ''get'' from ''watching'' is that he looks comfortable and not stretched when challenged, goes forward, and instills a confidence that Docherty simply cannot ever achieve.  Even Roeder said  he added confidence to the defence so obviously you not getting it is a personal thing!

[/quote]

Surely Glen Roeder has yet to see Gary Doherty play in our defence? Our defence looked anything but confident on Sunday and were it not for a couple of very good saves from Marshall and the linesman''s flag we could have conceded five.

So our defence was a shambles when Doherty was playing (according to most), our goals conceded to games ratio has got worse since Doherty was injured and we looked no more solid through the centre of defence with the addition of a new centre back. Ever get the feeling that you might just be picking on the wrong man?