Sign in to follow this  
norfolkchance1

Superstitions

Just out of interest I was wondering whether anyone has had any superstitions that have worked i.e. done something and City have won several times in a row.

When I started supporting City I didn''t see them win live for ages, then one day I was talking to a woman down my street (with a really unusual name) on the morning of the game we were going to (at Bradford I think) and we went on to win. Anyway the next game we went to play Sheffield United away, just after parking up we were walking towards the ground and happened to notice a road sign with the same unusual name on it as the woman down my street, sure enough we went on to win. The myth was blown the next time we went to Sheffield United though as we got hammered.

when i was a boy i used to always have to have beans on toast before a game.. if we didnt win i could stink the opposition out!

jas :)

I hang my scarf on spare room door before a match, did that couple years back and since did  it again this year we scored our 1st goal in 10 odd hours and then drew with the scum

wanna keep it up there but the wife don''t like it hanging in full view!!!

I also had a norwich player garden ornament given me and ever since the yellas have slumped, can''t chuck it coz was xmas present from me sister but its well hidden now

For a bit it seemed as if every time i had a Jumbo Cheesedog whilst watching the players turn up we seemed to lose so i stopped having them and results improved, looking at it now it seems silly, but at the time seemed perfectly normal.

wearing my lucky green trainers used to work - naff all has worked this season.  even spraying the mohican between my bum crack green (in honour of jamie) failed to work on this derby day - although it came close!!!

[quote user="mattscousin"]

wanna keep it up there but the wife don''t like it hanging in full view!!!

[/quote]

LOL

Me and the missus always make hot passionate lurve.....after a Norwich City victory......Unfortunately, I think I''m turning back into a virgin........[:(]

I''m going to try and copy might routine from yesterday, for tomorrow!

Same Clothes, Same Food, Same Route!!!

I wore an FC Nantes (the french canaries!) shirt for every game of our run to the play-off final from about march, and we never seemed to lose! I guess the run ended when we lost to wolves in the semi, but I still wore it to cardiff in the hope the superstition wasn''t dead! I took it off on the train back from cardiff and have not worn it since.... 

I use to buy new boxers for each away match. Not a superstitions as such. Just the one''s from the previous away trip were not fit for purpose!

[quote user="HUDDY "]

[/quote]

Don''t go at the same time though or you may get there a little early...

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"][quote user="HUDDY "]

[/quote]

Don''t go at the same time though or you may get there a little early...

[/quote]

Cheers, Good point!

I hope that doesnt ruin my superstitious behaviour!

Theres a man who works in the car park accross the road, quite old with a shaggy white beard, we call him ''whitey'', weve always thought itd be good luck to cut off a lock of his beard as the whole of the first season we saw him we ddnt see a loss at home.

I used to drink really hot tea from my 14 year old Canaries Mug. But my son broke it during the summer.

The 4 year old Lotus mug hasn''t worked at all. I''ll have to visit the Canaries shop and get a new one blessed by saint Arrdee of Anglia.[^o)]

I once said to Mike Walker that I''d stop shaving because I stupidly thought that it helped City win. I still don''t shave...........maybe I should start!.

Several years back there was a debate that we won more if we were shooting towards the barclay in the first half and river end in the second.  Not sure if this holds up thesedays as wins are hard to remember.

i always have to wear my norwich shirt on top of a jumper, when i dont we never win, we dont always win when i do, but it is more likely :D