Sign in to follow this  
bigbear

how long would you play hartson for?

Years ago, whenever Norwich played a team with Hartson in, I was worried.  As he hadn''t played for such a long when we got him, I didn''t think too much about it, but he has won me over.  His overall gameplay and reading of the game is excellent, even though his fitness isn''t.  Unfortunately, I don''t think he can last much over a half a game, let alone a whole one.  He wins almost everything in the air, and some of his lay offs whether, with his head, chest or boot, seems to find a Norwich shirt quite often, when other players have tried it and failed. 

Another thing i liked was when Alexander had the ball at his feet, hartson trotted up to him, so the keeper had to pick it up, on doing so hartson called him a clucking banker (obviouisly not the actual words used, but you can work out what he did actually say!) being in the lower barclay i had a good view of that.

After Hucks got sent off, people said tha Magilton and Hartson had words.  According to my brother who was watching it on sky, he was seen to have a go at Magilton saying that they were cheating, diving, bankers, which I thought was fair enough on how many times they did it throughout the game.

As Hartson would not be able to manage a whole game or even 3/4 of it, I really don''t know how I would play him, do you start him , and hope the half time break gives him a little while longer, or do you look to bring him on in the latter stages of the game?  I''m not the manager, even though under the latter stages of the Worthy era, and under Grant I wish that I was, bun hopefully we now have a man who knows what to do.  Even though I thought that if we would''ve had an extra striker on the bench, we may have won the game, but thats a big if.

I''d start with teletubby, especially with Dion injured. When he''s kn@ckered he can come off, but that''s for GR to worry about when it happens. I think Hartson is due a goal here, and that might just give him a boost for another 15 minutes!

See, I''d give him the last twenty minutes/half an hour and tell him to give it 100%.  Once the oppo defence is tired, he''s likely to be more effective.

[quote user="fuzzyfelt"]

See, I''d give him the last twenty minutes/half an hour and tell him to give it 100%.  Once the oppo defence is tired, he''s likely to be more effective.

[/quote]

I''d start with Brown/Cureton and bring him on for the last 30 mins.

This ties in with my point on the other thread

Don''t you see how crazy it is to be talking about how long Hartson can last in a game??

(The answer is about 15 minutes)

It''s a waste of a place in the team (and a substitute) when we should be playing those wages to a player who might contribute over 90 minutes.

once again his fitness only lasted 25mins so unless he can improve on this, that''s all we can risk giving him IMO

he''s effective when he is fit, and causes a real problem for defenders - i''d start Strihavka and Cureton and replace one of them with 25-20 mins to go with Hartson if needed

On yesterdays viewing I''d say the last 20 minutes is long enough.  Its a disgrace that he has been here 3 weeks and not got any sort of fitness going.  My West Brom supporting mates are wetting themselves laughing at us signing him, and to think that he is earning 20 grand a week at the Hawthorns.  Unbelievable.

[quote user="fuzzyfelt"]

[/quote]

Agreed fuzzyfelt thats the only way to play him.....

OTBC

yep, spot on fuzzy and CAwe are going to have to be a bit more ''heavy handed'' if we are to move up the table, or even think about getting out of this league upwardsif Hartson can give us a bit of bite later on then that much the betterthankfully the young cheat Haynes was welcomed to a local derby in a better fashion this time

bit more scrimagging, that''s what we need

When the fourth official raises the board to show how much injury time is to be played....Thats when I would bring him on. 

y are u all  saying he is so good u are only sayinfg that because his name is hartson when he is a has bin big time he is abou 20 stone over wight to play th game he carnt turn a man he carnt shoot he carnt run  when he tries lol ha ha ha  he is a fat lazy silly fat fatter even fatter stuiped idot that should be playing for a pub team  o and i wont to know y dose big dave not gate anof time on the pitch  i would play him over curaton and fatty any day and martin is going to be wolrd class super chris

[quote user="fhfghgjf"]y are u all  saying he is so good u are only sayinfg that because his name is hartson when he is a has bin big time he is abou 20 stone over wight to play th game he carnt turn a man he carnt shoot he carnt run  when he tries lol ha ha ha  he is a fat lazy silly fat fatter even fatter stuiped idot that should be playing for a pub team  o and i wont to know y dose big dave not gate anof time on the pitch  i would play him over curaton and fatty any day and martin is going to be wolrd class super chris[/quote]What on earth does that say?

[quote user="fhfghgjf"] y are u all  saying he is so good u are only sayinfg that because his name is hartson when he is a has bin big time he is abou 20 stone over wight to play th game he carnt turn a man he carnt shoot he carnt run  when he tries lol ha ha ha  he is a fat lazy silly fat fatter even fatter stuiped idot that should be playing for a pub team  o and i wont to know y dose big dave not gate anof time on the pitch  i would play him over curaton and fatty any day and martin is going to be wolrd class super chris[/quote]

Any chance you could cut out the text talk, use proper prounciation and use a spell checker before you post?

Realised my last post to fhfghgif sounded very harsh so apologies to you.

I wouldn''t play him at all.

We are the laughing stock playing a lump a lard.

Send him back now or melt him for candles.

His physique and fitness is nowhere near good enough for League 2 let alone the Championship.

If Greenpeace had been at hand they might have saved us from the embarassment.

[quote user="fhfghgjf"]y are u all  saying he is so good u are only sayinfg that because his name is hartson when he is a has bin big time he is abou 20 stone over wight to play th game he carnt turn a man he carnt shoot he carnt run  when he tries lol ha ha ha  he is a fat lazy silly fat fatter even fatter stuiped idot that should be playing for a pub team  o and i wont to know y dose big dave not gate anof time on the pitch  i would play him over curaton and fatty any day and martin is going to be wolrd class super chris[/quote]

Is that an anagram or something?