Sign in to follow this  
Arthur Whittle

Don't forget the position we are in.......

[quote user="cityangel"]

Fair enough,  just thought you saying Roeder had the charisma of a slug was a bit unneccessary.

[/quote]

That was probably the bit that was heavily edited CA. I think in Arto originally wrote that Roeder would play the charismatic John Hartson who moves around the pitch with the speed of a slug... bless him [;)]

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="cityangel"]

Thought your letter in tonights EEN was harsh Arthur. You say  and I quote'''' Glen Roeder has the charisma of a dead slug '''' Well I dont care if he''s got charisma as long as he gets performances like he did yesterday.

I''m guessing you submitted that before his first game which makes it even worse in my eyes.

[/quote]

P.S. The letter-if printed in full would have explained that i felt Norwich bottled it and went for a cheap option again with one of the most important decisions in the clubs history. Hope GR does a grand job-but still dissapointed with the way they handled it-this was also edited, and edited badly. Like i said it was heavily edited and i feel let down and am ashamed to have my name beside a letter that was edited so much it missed the point completley and made no real sense. Like i say-stitch up!

[/quote]

Fair enough,  just thought you saying Roeder had the charisma of a slug was a bit unneccessary.

[/quote]

Arthur,

I can''t help but feel that your proposed column in the EEN is a stich-up from Archant.

While I agree with your sentiments against the Board, I do think that you are not the most erudite poster on this forum. CA''s point of your comparing Roeder to a slug is a good example of how you will make you an easy target for Board supporters, and just plays into the hands of the the Board. You might want to consider whether pennng a newspaper column will do more harm than good. 

There are a lot of very incisive posters on this forum, Mr Carrow on the financial front and Mook on tactics comes to mind,  who get to the core of the issues with intelligent arguements. So I query Archant''s motives in going for Arthur as a fan''s spokesperson

YH.

[quote user="yellow hammer"][quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="cityangel"]

Thought your letter in tonights EEN was harsh Arthur. You say  and I quote'''' Glen Roeder has the charisma of a dead slug '''' Well I dont care if he''s got charisma as long as he gets performances like he did yesterday.

I''m guessing you submitted that before his first game which makes it even worse in my eyes.

[/quote]

P.S. The letter-if printed in full would have explained that i felt Norwich bottled it and went for a cheap option again with one of the most important decisions in the clubs history. Hope GR does a grand job-but still dissapointed with the way they handled it-this was also edited, and edited badly. Like i said it was heavily edited and i feel let down and am ashamed to have my name beside a letter that was edited so much it missed the point completley and made no real sense. Like i say-stitch up!

[/quote]

[/quote]

Arthur,

I can''t help but feel that your proposed column in the EEN is a stich-up from Archant.

While I agree with your sentiments against the Board, I do think that you are not the most erudite poster on this forum. CA''s point of your comparing Roeder to a slug is a good example of how you will make you an easy target for Board supporters, and just plays into the hands of the the Board. You might want to consider whether pennng a newspaper column will do more harm than good. 

There are a lot of very incisive posters on this forum, Mr Carrow on the financial front and Mook on tactics comes to mind,  who get to the core of the issues with intelligent arguements. So I query Archant''s motives in going for Arthur as a fan''s spokesperson

YH.

[/quote]

I think the Arthur column thing was a wind up [:)]

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

That was probably the bit that was heavily edited CA. I think in Arto originally wrote that Roeder would play the charismatic John Hartson who moves around the pitch with the speed of a slug... bless him [;)]

[/quote]

No, i actually stand by that but it probably was OTT. Your sarcasim is so funny Nutty, isnt sarcasim the lowest form of wit or half wit? Something like that.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

No, i actually stand by that but it probably was OTT. Your sarcasim is so funny Nutty, isnt sarcasim the lowest form of wit or half wit? Something like that.

[/quote]

So now you''re an arts critic, hey Arthur? I actually thought that NN''s post was quite amusing.   

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="yellow hammer"][quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Arthur,

YH.

[/quote]

I think the Arthur column thing was a wind up [:)]

[/quote]

If you check the "my column" thread you will see that i say it was all just a laugh and one i didnt mind 1 bit about people taking the pee out of me. Some were brilliant!

[quote user="Ralph Wright"]" and release 13million for players,2

release from where may I ask ?

is it chained up under the main stand, has it been locked away in the dungeons of the castle ?

I do wonder how close to suffolk some of the folk who post on here live
[/quote]

I think you must have missed a recent interview with a certain B.Skipper who was on the board up until a few months ago in which he stated that there are ways to raise as much as £13million by releasing shares and restructuring the debt. Or maybe you saw it but ignored it as it doesn`t suit your argument......[^o)]

It''s called self deprecating humour Arthur...the best kind of all......Wasted on most of the folk on here unfortunately........

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

The letter was emailed in anger at around 11am last tuesday. It was also heavily edited and it sounded a bit harsh after certain parts were edited out. God knows why they decided after a week, when it nomally takes 2 days, to print it yesterday. Stitch up comes to mind!

[/quote]

Talking about God theres a letter in the paper tonight from a Reverend Jack Burton who says he felt sad and ashamed to read your letter re Roeder and your slug comment.

Guess you''re in big trouble now Arthur [:D]

[/quote]

The letter was emailed in anger at around 11am last tuesday. It was also heavily edited and it sounded a bit harsh after certain parts were edited out. God knows why they decided after a week, when it nomally takes 2 days, to print it yesterday. Stitch up comes to mind!

[/quote]

Talking about God theres a letter in the paper tonight from a Reverend Jack Burton who says he felt sad and ashamed to read your letter re Roeder and your slug comment.

[/quote]

Ive sent an apology to the evening news for that little outburst. Wonder if they print it? Be a bit miffed if they dont as it looks like i cant admit when im wrong.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Ive sent an apology to the evening news for that little outburst. Wonder if they print it? Be a bit miffed if they dont as it looks like i cant admit when im wrong.

[/quote]

Talking of god, im actually a man of science and have no such beliefs, but have nothing against those that do. Sorry Rev, Roeder and everyone else offended by the slug comment. I was out of line.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I sincerly apologise for my slug comment. I didnt mean to say slug, i meant to say toad. Joke :}