Sign in to follow this  
Arthur Whittle

Don't forget the position we are in.......

Now i know I''m going to get moaned at for my usual negative take on things but lets not lose site of where we find ourselves. Who would''ve been happy with a draw against an average scum side whilst being bottom of the league at the start of the season? Its still my belief that this current board has a lot to answer to with regards to our current plight and they should not be aloud to think otherwise because to many fans have let them get away with it in the past. If you want this club to be successful the board should be aware that the fans are watching there every move and breathing down there necks. Don''t get complacent city supporters.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]Now i know I''m going to get moaned at for my usual negative take on things but lets not lose site of where we find ourselves. Who would''ve been happy with a draw against an average scum side whilst being bottom of the league at the start of the season? Its still my belief that this current board has a lot to answer to with regards to our current plight and they should not be aloud to think otherwise because to many fans have let them get away with it in the past. If you want this club to be successful the board should be aware that the fans are watching there every move and breathing down there necks. Don''t get complacent city supporters.[/quote]

We won''t forget where we are Arthur and one good performance doesnt change the world. Think all people are doing is rejoicing that we something to smile about yesterday just for a change [:D]

Did you go by the way?

to true arther the bord have a lot to answer for in egards to the state the clubs in, but i fear theyll never answer those questions, prudence has risen its ugly head to many times for the club to get anywhere near the sucess of our promotion season, i fear that although after the performance on sunday there is hope but for how long can a team devoid of money stay like it is, if we dont find a new investor with the cold hard cash willing to put money in, (unlike the turners who by all means have th money just would rather take a leaf out of delias play book and giv loans,) then we are truely a club that is doomed to mediocrity, no excueses, this is the time the board really need to show theyve learnt from there mistakes and back the manager financially if not they need to take the long road out of the club and sell to someone whos gonna invest to get them into the prem, i mean with our fan base, season ticket support, facilities we should easily be able to compete with the likes of bolton, portsmouth and most prem teams for players of a yes the debt is 17 mil, but many a club in the champpionship survives on debt of 36 mill so take a gamble and release 13million for players, this still leaves our debt at 30mill which is no worse then that of, palace, reading, sheffield wednesday, plymouth, sheffield united and many more, and remember they dont have the fan base or support we do

We all know the postion we are in mr whittle,the thing is until yesterday we didn''t look like we could even play football.What we saw yesterday reminded everyone that we can play a bit.Also i think the fans showed the players how much we want them to do well.I honestly couldn''t hear the scum after they scored we totally drowned them out.The most important thing is for us to avoid going down,then and only then can we turn our attention to getting rid of the inept people on the board who are holding this club back

The same kind of performance agaisnt Watford would be nice and give us more of a solid base to work from than the ipswich game. After all,winning streaks,losing strreaks and form dont often count for much in any derby game.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]Now i know I''m going to get moaned at for my usual negative take on things but lets not lose site of where we find ourselves. Who would''ve been happy with a draw against an average scum side whilst being bottom of the league at the start of the season? Its still my belief that this current board has a lot to answer to with regards to our current plight and they should not be aloud to think otherwise because to many fans have let them get away with it in the past. If you want this club to be successful the board should be aware that the fans are watching there every move and breathing down there necks. Don''t get complacent city supporters.[/quote]

Arthur i agree with you totally.But lets keep the board and playing side of it seperate.

Prior to yesterday i was a bit down in the dumps but yesterday gave me a glimmer of hope that there is light at the end of the tunnel.

For me the board have one last chance.......JANUARY! If they give Glenn the money that they probably promised him in the interview, it would have proved to me that they have learnt from one of the many mistakes they have made. (not giving Worthy more backin in Premier).

Interestingly Delia and MWJ walked around the pitch yesterday and were received really well. I think some on here represent a small minority. Im not getting into a barney as i do believe alot of things you say, just that displacing this board maybe harder than first thought.

LETS BACK THE BOYS ON THE FIELD FROM THE STANDS!!

[quote user="cityangel"]

We won''t forget where we are Arthur and one good performance doesnt change the world. Think all people are doing is rejoicing that we something to smile about yesterday just for a change [:D]

Did you go by the way?

[/quote]

No i gave it a miss CA but watched the game on the box with scarf wrapped round me and chewing my nails all during the game. My boycott will unfortunately continue for reasons you know but i was there in spirit!

" and release 13million for players,2release from where may I ask ?is it chained up under the main stand, has it been locked away in the dungeons of the castle ?I do wonder how close to suffolk some of the folk who post on here live

the turners could give it to the club we all know theyve got the money, just they dont seem to be as happy to invest as other people do at other clubs

RIP. Your style looks remarkably similar to another poster on here who seems to have disappeared lately. I''m sure it''ll come to me !

Arthur you are correct. We have a long long long way to go yet. However I do feel that if we play like we did against ipswich we''d win 9 out of 10 games. We need to pull together now and push up the league. At the moment the last thing this club needs is more speculation about the board and such. These things can be sorted when we are all nice and safe in the ccc next summer.

I''m not going to moan at you Arthur but do you mind if I do forget about the position we are in for the next 24 hours?

[quote user="TwoSheds"]The same kind of performance agaisnt Watford would be nice and give us more of a solid base to work from than the ipswich game. After all,winning streaks,losing strreaks and form dont often count for much in any derby game.[/quote]

Have to agree with you there Two Sheds.  This was probably the worst game we could have had to judge the players response to the selection of manager as we were always going to raise our game for the Derby.  It is true what Neil Adams said yesterday and that is to see how we play against Plymouth and other teams of a similar ilk away from home.  As he said they are the games that are going to get us up the table not a one off Derby game although saying that we can only judge the team on the performances they give and it was a darn good yesterday.

" so take a gamble and release 13million for players "who should take that gamble then ?if it is the board, then as they don''t have the money why are you blaming them ?

[quote user="can u sit down please"]

Arthur i agree with you totally.But lets keep the board and playing side of it seperate.

Prior to yesterday i was a bit down in the dumps but yesterday gave me a glimmer of hope that there is light at the end of the tunnel.

For me the board have one last chance.......JANUARY! If they give Glenn the money that they probably promised him in the interview, it would have proved to me that they have learnt from one of the many mistakes they have made. (not giving Worthy more backin in Premier).

Interestingly Delia and MWJ walked around the pitch yesterday and were received really well. I think some on here represent a small minority. Im not getting into a barney as i do believe alot of things you say, just that displacing this board maybe harder than first thought.

LETS BACK THE BOYS ON THE FIELD FROM THE STANDS!!

[/quote]

Totally agree. The lads done really well yesterday and its the first time I can say i was proud of there performance this season, it was like meeting an ex and the love comes flooding back like it never left! But like i said this board imo has came very close,and still might wreak this proud club, best we not forget.

Agreed, I''m not feeling complacent and I certainly haven''t forgotten our position but I did enjoy yesterday''s game. [:D]

OTBC!!!!  

[quote user="PJ Bimbo"]I''m not going to moan at you Arthur but do you mind if I do forget about the position we are in for the next 24 hours?
[/quote]

No probs. Back on tomorrow though PJ! For now...Well done lads.[;)]

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="cityangel"]

Did you go by the way?

[/quote]

No i gave it a miss CA but watched the game on the box with scarf wrapped round me and chewing my nails all during the game. My boycott will unfortunately continue for reasons you know but i was there in spirit!

[/quote]

Glad you got to see the game Arthur bet you were as proud as we were [:D]

agree whole heartedly keep the board problems away from the pitch but this is nigh on impossible when the board are ruining things for those on the pitch,with rgards to the money needed, we need a investor, and if the new board members are to be so helpfull thn they need to stand up and be counted, if sharon and andy turner are the fans were led to believe they are why havent they done anything to help bar give 2mill in a loan, what glen did with the team we will never know but they cerrtainly played the best football ive seen them play in ages, but he is going to need to backed in january with cold hard cash to make any difference, we need more depth to the squad a nd the turners are definately in a position to help out but will they suppose that will be the question come january,anyway we shouldnt forget the position were in cos we can look upon this position as the place we finally start our season at and hopefully get the momentum to move forward after all one performance doesnt make a season but i will be extremely pleased and proud of the team if they can do it again and get a result tomorrow, so heres hoping and with a great sense of joy looking forward to new times under roeder

[quote user="Royal Anglian all the way"]agree whole heartedly keep the board problems away from the pitch but this is nigh on impossible when the board are ruining things for those on the pitch,

with rgards to the money needed, we need a investor, and if the new board members are to be so helpfull thn they need to stand up and be counted, if sharon and andy turner are the fans were led to believe they are why havent they done anything to help bar give 2mill in a loan,

what glen did with the team we will never know but they cerrtainly played the best football ive seen them play in ages, but he is going to need to backed in january with cold hard cash to make any difference, we need more depth to the squad a nd the turners are definately in a position to help out but will they suppose that will be the question come january,

anyway we shouldnt forget the position were in cos we can look upon this position as the place we finally start our season at and hopefully get the momentum to move forward after all one performance doesnt make a season but i will be extremely pleased and proud of the team if they can do it again and get a result tomorrow,

so heres hoping and with a great sense of joy looking forward to new times under roeder
[/quote]

Agreed Royal. on a totally different subject, your title suggests you are in the forces. If so,did you recently tour in Afghanistan? Well done and welcome back if you did.

Arthur - In answer to your question.....not me. For whatever reason (and we can debate the point until the cows come home) we do find ourselves at the bottom of the league and an "average scum side" in 4th place, so to come back from 2-0 down  has to be applauded (however I feel about whether we should be bottom in the first place). I am a realist and I know that the test in motivating the team will come on a cold wet night night in Scunthorpe, but if we can reproduce the same passion and football as displayed in the second half against Ippo then I am confident we will stay up (And I am not happy that we are even having to talk about survival). Even the longest journey has to start with a single step and I am hopeful that single step has been taken..... I am sure you will be only to happy to remind me of this statement if I am wrong but I do not mind as I am big enough (although not as big as Jabba The Hartson) and certainly ugly enough to take it.

As well as we played yesterday we still have a very small squad that will need to be strengthened if we are to climb the table, I have been impressed with everything Roederesque thus far but he will need to be backed with some hard cash if he''s to take us to where we want to be. It is simply not an option anymore not to spend money, we are gradually getting closer to league 1 every year and if money isn''t found from somewhere we will be relegated sooner or later, probably sooner. If the current board haven''t got the money they should put the club up for sale and try and attract someone who has.

Of course we shouldn''t lose sight of the fact that we are bottom of the table, however your "average scum side" is 4th in the table. So a good performance against a team that has, recently, been performing is something to be happy about I think.

Thought your letter in tonights EEN was harsh Arthur. You say  and I quote'''' Glen Roeder has the charisma of a dead slug '''' Well I dont care if he''s got charisma as long as he gets performances like he did yesterday.

I''m guessing you submitted that before his first game which makes it even worse in my eyes.

yes arther my title as it suggests  i am in the forces, unfortunately no i didnt go with my friends to helmand as 6 months before the tour wa sannounced to us i had acceptd a 2 year posting to the Army Training Team for there basic training courses, thank u for the welcome back for the rest of the lads tho, i will be at the match with the rest of the royal anglians at the end of november,

What board problems? Nobody ever gives a coherent answer, you all just jump on the bangwagon.Did YOU get the Turners on board? No, they did. Did YOU sign Huckerby, Earnshaw, Safri, Marshall et al.... no, they did. Did YOU redevelop the ground........ZZZZZZZZZZZ

[quote user="Attack Barclay 2nd Half FFS"]What board problems? Nobody ever gives a coherent answer, you all just jump on the bangwagon.

Did YOU get the Turners on board? No, they did. Did YOU sign Huckerby, Earnshaw, Safri, Marshall et al.... no, they did. Did YOU redevelop the ground........

ZZZZZZZZZZZ
[/quote]

Did you ever go to school?......

Just askin''.....

[quote user="cityangel"]

Thought your letter in tonights EEN was harsh Arthur. You say  and I quote'''' Glen Roeder has the charisma of a dead slug '''' Well I dont care if he''s got charisma as long as he gets performances like he did yesterday.

I''m guessing you submitted that before his first game which makes it even worse in my eyes.

[/quote]

The letter was emailed in anger at around 11am last tuesday. It was also heavily edited and it sounded a bit harsh after certain parts were edited out. God knows why they decided after a week, when it nomally takes 2 days, to print it yesterday. Stitch up comes to mind!

[quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

P.S. The letter-if printed in full would have explained that i felt Norwich bottled it and went for a cheap option again with one of the most important decisions in the clubs history. Hope GR does a grand job-but still dissapointed with the way they handled it-this was also edited, and edited badly. Like i said it was heavily edited and i feel let down and am ashamed to have my name beside a letter that was edited so much it missed the point completley and made no real sense. Like i say-stitch up!

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

P.S. The letter-if printed in full would have explained that i felt Norwich bottled it and went for a cheap option again with one of the most important decisions in the clubs history. Hope GR does a grand job-but still dissapointed with the way they handled it-this was also edited, and edited badly. Like i said it was heavily edited and i feel let down and am ashamed to have my name beside a letter that was edited so much it missed the point completley and made no real sense. Like i say-stitch up!

[/quote]

Fair enough,  just thought you saying Roeder had the charisma of a slug was a bit unneccessary.