Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

Bolton visit Bayern Munich in UEFA Cup this week.

Ah well.

In 1993-94 Bolton finished 15th in the ''Championship - or whatever it was then''.

And they say that Robert Chase..............

Oh well, bring on Watford - Aidy & all.

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

In 1993-94 Bolton finished 15th in the ''Championship - or whatever it was then''.

[/quote]

Endsliegh Insurance League division 1

jas :)

the same season leeds came 5th, wimbledon came 6th, sheffield wednesday came 7th and QPR came 9th.

the premier league was also the home for coventry, southampton, ipswich, sheffield united, oldham and swindon.

so, your point is.....?

My simple point is that since those times we have failed big time; and Bolton have succeeded big time.

And it matters little to my point that others have failed too.

It''s also a question of reminding ourselves from time to time of what is possible - and not settling into the comfort zone of just being glad to be alive in the second tier; and in this regard the current owners and board clearly  don''t have either the resources or the real desire for real success.

By the way, I also happen to think that Glenn Roeder will be good for our club. He is a nice and intelligent man with drive and a wealth of useful experience. Certainly a cut above the usual we''ve been landed with in recent years. Whether or not he will get adequate backing to bring the type of real success that I reminded ourselves about I stronlgly doubt - so we must keep up the pressure to try and ensure that he does.

That''s all. See, nothing ''sinister''.[:)]

OTBC 

My simple point is that since those times we have failed big time; and Bolton have succeeded big time.

And it matters little to my point that others have failed too.

It''s also a question of reminding ourselves from time to time of what is possible - and not settling into the comfort zone of just being glad to be alive in the second tier; and in this regard the current owners and board clearly  don''t have either the resources or the real desire for real success.

By the way, I also happen to think that Glenn Roeder will be good for our club. He is a nice and intelligent man with drive and a wealth of useful experience. Certainly a cut above the usual we''ve been landed with in recent years. Whether or not he will get adequate backing to bring the type of real success that I reminded ourselves about I stronlgly doubt - so we must keep up the pressure to try and ensure that he does.

That''s all. See, nothing ''sinister''.[:)]

OTBC 

where were the likes of wigan? fulham? reading? those days

where were the likes of swindon? oxford? wimbledon?

many things change, yes maybe not brilliant for you

but hell

it could of been much much worse

[quote user="we8wba"]

but hell

[/quote]

And your new point is?

[:-*]

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="we8wba"]

but hell

[/quote]

And your new point is?

OTBC

[/quote]Here''s a new point - this game is a chance for us to lose our proud little record of being the only English (British?) club to have beaten Bayern Munich in their own stadium in European competition. Can''t see us losing this record to Bolton on this occasion however...

[quote user="a1canary"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="we8wba"]

but hell

[/quote]

And your new point is?

OTBC

[/quote]

Here''s a new point - this game is a chance for us to lose our proud little record of being the only English (British?) club to have beaten Bayern Munich in their own stadium in European competition. Can''t see us losing this record to Bolton on this occasion however...
[/quote]

[:)]

OTBC

[quote user="a1canary"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="we8wba"]

but hell

[/quote]

And your new point is?

OTBC

[/quote]

Here''s a new point - this game is a chance for us to lose our proud little record of being the only English (British?) club to have beaten Bayern Munich in their own stadium in European competition. Can''t see us losing this record to Bolton on this occasion however...
[/quote]

since they have moved grounds, we''ll always hold a record over any other english team, it just gets renamed. we might not be only english team to beat them at home after the game, but we will always be the only english team to have beateng them at the Olympic Stadium :-).

[quote user="AshtonsPeroxide"][quote user="a1canary"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="we8wba"]

but hell

[/quote]

And your new point is?

OTBC

[/quote]

[/quote]

since they have moved grounds, we''ll always hold a record over any other english team, it just gets renamed. we might not be only english team to beat them at home after the game, but we will always be the only english team to have beateng them at the Olympic Stadium :-).

[/quote]

And don''t forget the English National Team beat their German counterparts in the same Olympic Stadium, 5-1

Though I''m not sure what my point is.

[quote user="yellow hammer"][quote user="AshtonsPeroxide"][quote user="a1canary"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="we8wba"]

but hell

[/quote]

And your new point is?

OTBC

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

And don''t forget the English National Team beat their German counterparts in the same Olympic Stadium, 5-1

Though I''m not sure what my point is.

[/quote]

Thats England not English..........shhh you stop de-valuing our record [;)]

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

Ah well.

They only drew 2-2 today.

So....?

[:)]

OTBC

[/quote]Credit where credit is due. Bolton were excellent and a pride to the english game. They maybe bottom but they just drew away to top in the bundesliga!

and our record still stands...w ell done Bayern!

we remain the only BRITISH team to have won there....

put that in ur pipe and smoke it Wenger! lol

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

and our record still stands...w ell done Bayern!

we remain the only BRITISH team to have won there....

put that in ur pipe and smoke it Wenger! lol

[/quote]

The best night ever for me that was...............those were the days .........BRING THOSE DAYS BACK SOMEONE NOWW PLEASEEE...

OTBC

[quote user="Fellas"]

Bolton were excellent and a pride to the english game.

[/quote]

Hoof, hoof, hoof, hoof. Ooooh I''m so proud. Ever wondered why our national team is so crap?

i dont see why people get excited about British Clubs in europe.. it wont benefit us in any way shape or form if one of these sides wins a trophy.. they will just get richer and clog up their side with over paid foreigners whilst ssmaller clubs struggle along and miss out.