Sign in to follow this  
KCASN

Football Manager 07 (pc)

I know i''m behind and the lot of you have got 08. But anyone got any winning teams they want to share or decent players to sign. To start I''ve done a successful Norwich campaign but losing in the play-offs 2-1 to the SCUM! My team, pretty much our team now. Please write back soon. I wanna play!

Marshall

Otsemobor Taylor Dublin Drury

Chadwick Brellier Russell Lappin

Cureton

Earnshaw (kept him as he bags goals)

Sorry Frinton, I''ve sucommed to Football Manager 08.I started with Norwich and kept the team the same as ours is now (apart from Martin Taylor...couldn''t get him). After 10 games I''m in relegation!I just cannot believe how real this game feels...

My best tip for you is to employ some good scouts.  Send them everywhere, always have your scouts on the go.  When they find a 5 star potential ability player for under £1m buy him.  Give it a few seasons and you willbe laughing.  I found 5 wonderkids and all but 1 cost me less that 100k.  The best was a LW from TNS who cost me 4k, now worth 10m.

Other than that try Denilson on loan, Sherman Cardenas, Luca Modric, Nicolas Millan, Goran Slavkovski.

Brazil is always a good scout, and dont worry if you cant get a WP just send them to a foreign affiliate and then keep offering them a new contract.

Good coaches make a real difference too.

Hope that helps.

I got FM08 mate, I actually play in the Blue Square North and work my way up. I actually had some very strange screen shots from my game ( bare in mind i have nothing to do with Norwich on the game and havent edited the data base )Current NCFC manager is Mr Paul Jewell and during the 07 / 08 campaign they had Rowan Vine on loan...funny old game !

I tell you something, Polar and me used to discuss this alot.

Errm...their were lots of good players, i just cant seem to remember! Get Greg Halford DEFINATELY. Very good target man =]

FM08 is a HUGE improvement, though, considering Purchasing or. Errm. *whispers* Downloading =]

Trust Me, Greg Halford from Colchester is a must! He''s a right back / striker and if you play him up front with Earnshaw you should walk the team. His finishing is only 11, but heading about 18. He scored 34 goals i think in my title winning side that got 111 points. He goes on to be an England Striker.

Also, dont be scared to play Lewis, he gets really good really quickly.

Another tip is to play Ryan Jarvis on the right wing, he does really well there.

Akos Buzacky and Chris Cohan are also decent players for the midfield.

Peter Halmosi, Dusan Djuric, Mikael Dahlberg are other foreign tips.

Trust me 111 points, and my NCFC team went on the be champions of England!

I am Tottenham on 08 but always have a cheeky look at Norwich.In the first season they sacked Peter Grant in December, appointed Jim Duffy as caretaker and then manager but sacked him after 9 days! Then they appointed some guy with the second name of Irvine, not sure who he was but he only lasted until March when they replaced him with Mick McCarthy who beat Ipswich 4-1 on the last day but could not stop them getting relegated. They are now top of League 1 and their best player is Mawene from Preston.

Yes scouting is the key to success.  Send them to Norway and other countries is those parts I have found some brill players for basically nothing.

I started a season in FM08 and it was so hideous that I reloaded the database with ''sugar daddy'' ticked!

Mind you I downloaded the demo for champ man 08 and graphically it is miles ahead of FM and feels like the old CM games but better, so I may be defecting from FM to CM !

i tend to go back to banik ostrava and the czech league. marek suchy, get him. chris cohen. get him. also consider selling youngsters like spillane and rossi and putting buy back prices in, wait until other teams are buzzing around them and then buy them back quickly. spillane i sold to sheff utd, next season he was worth about 500k and i got him back for 20k. started playing week in and out alongside cohen and their amazing together. but yes, get 08 much much better and realistic.

[quote user="Robert Fleck and a Gambling Debt"]I got FM08 mate, I actually play in the Blue Square North and work my way up.
I actually had some very strange screen shots from my game ( bare in mind i have nothing to do with Norwich on the game and havent edited the data base )
Current NCFC manager is Mr Paul Jewell and during the 07 / 08 campaign they had Rowan Vine on loan...
funny old game !
[/quote]

why? did roeder not take over? and vine? dont see whats funny?

Im norwich on fm 08 - got 4m budget as i promised id fight for the promotion (big ambitious i know)

anways i have signed

elliot ward 1.2m

benjoulloun 600k - hibs i think

kev phillips 250k

st.ledger 600k

loaned merida of arsenal and ifil of spurs

im about 4th in october - i beat ipswich first game 5-3 away but then had bad result to put it nicely 6-0 away to burnley

but except from that hiccup and lose to someone like bouremouth in cup i am doing well

on fm 07 i won league signing hoskins, halford, dean morgan and vine

in prem ended up 9th was top in dec after having budget of 500k to stay up got alliedere loan vela loan jay jay ockacha free, carlos edwards 500k

next year i stuggled and only signed alliedere perm and steve mclean trying do reading this year but in jan i signed aurelio, etherington, zokora to boost me up to 15th in the end

then i got bored as was just midtable prem side, but i did faily well

Just about to start on FM 2008, however, two essential purchases for FM 2007 are Rasmus Elm and Fredrik Risp.

Elm is a DM, Risp a CB. Cheap to buy, ultra-cheap wages, but start getting 7''s and 8''s consistently straight away.

The Arsenal reserve keeper -can''t remember name- Vito Mannione or similar is worth getting on loan then buying.

On FM 2007, always found a willing buyer for the Doc if you need income fast.

Yes, concur-Halford is a good purchase. Play him in attack and try to get Sahar or Sinclair on loan from Chelsea to play alongside him. Found Colin did well at RB for me.

Drury is a nightmare, but save money and promote Mark O''Toole to first team LB, he soon settles-solid enough. Someone will buy Drury, usually Derby, usually £400''000. And yes, Ryan Jarvis will do well on RM or LM.

Denilson will come on loan from Arsenal-try to get them as parent club-and can be outstanding, once had four 10''s in a row from him-but is injury prone and keeps clearing off to play internationals.

on 08 also take a look at Marc wilson, pompey reserve team player got him for about 750k, Fraizer campbell for 625k, jamie winter, can''t remember where i got him from, somewhere lower league for about 250k, bargain. Fabian Brandy is somewhat expensive at about 1.3 million, i had him on loan and hes brilliant but got him now perm and hes going into the team although he needs to unseat renton who managed to knock hucks out of the starting line up for the FA cup final (i had alot of lucky, defensive, counter attack wins then beat newcastle 4-3 after extra time : D)

i''ve found my most successful tactic is 5212 set out as:

Marshall

semmy/cave-brown      3 of Doc/shacks/murray/drury/adam hinshellwood (again lower league, cheap)       Lappin (attacking full backs)

|                                                                                                                                                                    |

|                                       Wilson/Spillane             Murray/Winter                                                                  |

Cohen

Hucks/Renton/Campbell/Fabian Brandy          

set the team mentality as attacking and give cohen and one of the other midefielders alot of creative freedom and a free role, play attacking and it gives a good balance, the wing backs come up as wingers when you attack and then fall back to defence effectivly giving you a large offence and large defence, i''m usually midtable on goals scored and then 3rd or 4th on goals conceeded. finished 7th in my first season, 9th in my second but had to contend with the FA cup andhad to sell brellier for a transfer budget because they gave me 0. went to watford for 3 million and a 50% sell on. lost jarvis to celtic when duffy left me to manage swindon and his contract didnt get renewed. but yeah thats about the sum of my game so far. offload brown, strihavka, fotheringham, chadders and croft. trying to get rid of curo but noone wants him.

can we start an official FM thread?

I''m taking your FM to mean Football Manager, but what are you lot doing with that ...cough cough sad excuse for a footie game. Top Notch is PC FIFA Manager 08 Game, with much more in-depth in the youth and reserve sections as well as other very classy new features.

[quote user="Steelsilver"]I''m taking your FM to mean Football Manager, but what are you lot doing with that ...cough cough sad excuse for a footie game. Top Notch is PC FIFA Manager 08 Game, with much more in-depth in the youth and reserve sections as well as other very classy new features.[/quote]

in saw that advertised, was going to check it out.

marshall

ifill(spurs loan)       shackell                         elliot ward                                        shorey

tudgay                    breiller                          barazite(arsenal loan)                        hucks

phillips      benjoulloun (hibs 600k)

subs

cureton

strikhava

chadwick

that irish right winger of sunderland on loan (donvanon? mind gone blank)

st. ledger

semmy

docherty

lappin

murray

any of those, good team i think

we8wba is a Norwich fan for sure! you always start with your own team and he picks Norwich add that to the fact he spends half his life on here. im still playing FM06, lol. my old pc wouldn''t take it then found it in a draw about a month ago, third season in, sixth in prem at xmas Ashton getting a goal a game since i started playing

Im also an FM addict, started as Forest as always like the potential they have, doing well and about to get promoted in second season but have just been offered the Norwich job, what a dilemma. Dont normally play with city as too much emotion tied to certain players. Any suggestions for my next career choice.

we8wba is a Norwich fan for sure! you always start with your own team and he picks Norwich add that to the fact he spends half his life on here. im still playing FM06, lol. my old pc wouldn''t take it then found it in a draw about a month ago, third season in, sixth in prem at xmas Ashton getting a goal a game since i started playing

haha - im not on here all time now lol

as for fm with my team wolves

i started at wolves n did proper crap

and speaking to my leeds mate and we both agreed that we dont play our best players when our clubs managers

i.e i wouldnt start stack wolves keeper n played hennessey whilst on the game stack is twice as good

i always play my favourite players who arent particalrly good in the game

so im norwich after my successful game on fm07 about xmas last year, and so i can add to my cv to get roeders job if it ever becomes available lol

also so far i have already completd mkdons for 2seasons n managed get them relegated to blue sq lol, so norwich only team iv been outside relegation zone (so far lol)

If you are a lower league team and can stretch to about 150k - buy Raffaele De Vita from blackburn reserves and Tristen Plummer from Bristol City for about 60k. Both strikers. I bought them for MK Dons and Although Plummer takes longer to get his stride, De Vita finished top goalscorer for my 1st 2 seasons. I''m now 2nd in League one after 2 seasons and he is worth £2.7 million. Plummer takes a while longer to come into form but he''s now worth £1.8 million

Sorry these are on the new 2008 one though.

On 2007 i recommend Lasse Qvist as a striker - becomes amazing..... and scott cuthbert - both are pretty cheap early in the game.

anyone some quality defenders in 2008.

you must get Mika Aaritalo he is about 100k and can be sold for 7.5 million in a few months or kept to be the daddy.

Championship Manager 07

4 years in the City job. Contending for Europe.

Simon Proto

Billy Jones         Per Mertesacker   Andy O''Brien                     Chris Cohen

Ashley Young     Zhi Zheng            Michal James (Youngester)  Daz Huckerby

Dean Ashton     Alexi Kherzakov/Tuncay Sanli

Isnt that the silly game where you can set ticket prices and other things a manger cant do?

[quote user="Steelsilver"]I''m taking your FM to mean Football Manager, but what are you lot doing with that ...cough cough sad excuse for a footie game. Top Notch is PC FIFA Manager 08 Game, with much more in-depth in the youth and reserve sections as well as other very classy new features.[/quote]

Lewis becomes a solid keeper (7.45) avg

Denilson will come on loan and if you keep him happy and get promoted Arsenal will let him go for around £5m (steal)

Earnshaw is always good to keep

A couple of wonderkids I found were:

Carlos Elias (AM/ST) fantastic player got him on a free from peru (28 goals & 9 assists) played behind front two

Sherman Chadenas (RW) another free from columbia (18 assists and a few goals all free kicks)

Michel Schmoller (CD/DM) Â£1.2m from Brasil (well worth it - 7.65 avg) 

Basically get all your scouts into south america there''s loads of cheap wonderkid there!!!!

I always bang a cheeky look at some of the following............

Merida, Denilson & Evina (Arsenal Reserves & Youth)

Kevin Brinkmann (German but can''t remember who he played for, great right winger)

If you can get the board to back you (however true), try a cheeky bid for Matthias Cahais of Boca Juniors I think.

Freddy Adu is always a good spot if you can get him. Bale at Southampton (on FM07 anyways) is a good buy.

Nathan Sturgis of LA Galaxy is a bloody steal if you can get him a work permit.

Kasper Schmeical from Man City is a good keeper for the future if you can get him

on fm07 i found spillane, both jarvis to be awesome and in my prem side

with lewis i sold him to wigan 50k

put 50% sell on and 100k buy back clause

let them train him for two years and waited till he played a couple of 1st team games then signed him back for 50k as had 100k buy back plus 50% sell on - sweet

if just started game look for foreign keeper named enymena or somthing - he always chased by jeruslam and can be got for 200k easily, he is mint signing at any level

I completed one full season as NCFC manager on FM 07. I managed to get Norwich promoted as Champions and win the League Cup. I had to ditch most of the squad to do it. Some of the City youngsters are surprisingly good though.

But once I got NCFC into the Premiership I could hardly win a game, and the most of my decent players got long term injuries. That''s where I gave up.  Too much like real life.