Sign in to follow this  
dr livingstone

delia's coments.

The club is getting on for £17m in debt, the board is under fire for putting too much emphasis on prudence and not enough on ambition, the majority shareholders are ready to sell up - “anyone who can find idiots like us to put money in and get nothing back can have this club tomorrow” said Delia Smith.

interested to read this in chris lakey''s report.

has she fell out of love with our football club ?

and as for putting money in and  getting nothing back, i thought she exchanged her loans in to shares. so when she sells if its for the right price ( cant imagine she would sell at the wrong price ) she will be quids in.

any thoughts.

[quote user="dr livingstone"]

The club is getting on for £17m in debt, the board is under fire for putting too much emphasis on prudence and not enough on ambition, the majority shareholders are ready to sell up - “anyone who can find idiots like us to put money in and get nothing back can have this club tomorrow” said Delia Smith.

and as for putting money in and  getting nothing back, i thought she exchanged her loans in to shares. so when she sells if its for the right price ( cant imagine she would sell at the wrong price ) she will be quids in.

any thoughts.

[/quote]

The club is no longer promoting her persona in the right light....and her celebrity crown is slipping. Like all people who are used to getting their own way....dissent is taken personally and they resent being criticised deeply.

She''s gonna make a financial killing when she walks....as time will indeed show us.

[quote user="dr livingstone"]

any thoughts.

[/quote]

Unfortunately, she does lack a bit of subtlety sometimes and her "idiots" statement is another example - HOWEVER, everything has it''s price and value, and she is a business woman. Getting the shares in her back pocket signals an exit strategy in my opinion.......

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

The day that damn woman quits this board and sells up, will be the day this club and fans unite and hope will at last return to the club.

[/quote]

I thought that was the speech you made about Worthington Wiz [:|]

[quote user="NEIL CLUCKCASTER"][quote user="dr livingstone"]

any thoughts.

[/quote]

The club is no longer promoting her persona in the right light....and her celebrity crown is slipping. Like all people who are used to getting their own way....dissent is taken personally and they resent being criticised deeply.

She''s gonna make a financial killing when she walks....as time will indeed show us.

[/quote]

Fabulous stuff.  Oh, the irony is almost killing me........[:P]

It should be noted that after the Chase era, who incidentely owned ''only'' around 34% of shares, it was decided that no party should own more than 50%, what happened to that?

As noted, Smith and Jones, the ''non-saviours'' of NCFC will do very well when the do seriously intend to sell up. Geoffrey Watling, the legend, they are most certainly are not!

Can we have our football club back please?

[quote user="Temp the Revelator"][quote user="NEIL CLUCKCASTER"][quote user="dr livingstone"]

any thoughts.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

You really haven''t got a clue have you?.....and do try to use the term "irony" in it''s correct context if you''re trying to project intelligence....

In any case....I thought you''d have learnt by now that what you or anyone else directs at my user name on here is water off a ducks back. I eat tiddlers like you for breakfast sonny....and spit them out after...... 

As a club loving supporter she always tell us she is Mrs Smith could follow in the footsteps of another club loving owner, Sir Jack Hayward at Wolves, he put £50mill into his club and sold it this year for £10. Anyone think it could happen at Carrow Rd?

FOOTBALL MUST COME FIRST

[quote user="NEIL CLUCKCASTER"][quote user="dr livingstone"]

any thoughts.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Your dead right there Cluckcaster and that  is part of the reason why she isn''t walking. She has such  a financial  stranglehold over the club that it would financially cripple the club to  pay her off.

[quote user="NEIL CLUCKCASTER"][quote user="Temp the Revelator"][quote user="NEIL CLUCKCASTER"][quote user="dr livingstone"]

any thoughts.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

You really haven''t got a clue have you?.....and do try to use the term "irony" in it''s correct context if you''re trying to project intelligence....

In any case....I thought you''d have learnt by now that what you or anyone else directs at my user name on here is water off a ducks back. I eat tiddlers like you for breakfast sonny....and spit them out after...... 

[/quote]Yes, everyone can see that the correct word is Hipocrasy.

I like i her little "speech" that them two would get nothing out of the club. Infact as it stands they will nearly break even. Not bad really is it for ''nothing'' considering the publicity she garnered from the club over the past couple of years.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

The day that damn woman quits this board and sells up, will be the day this club and fans unite and hope will at last return to the club.

[/quote]

Yeah  I agree,BUT, If you think back it was Delia who saved this club from extinction with 48 hours to go.

I for one thank her for that BUT she has taken this club as far as she can. Sell the shares Delia, it doesnt matter who they are as long as they are willing to put the money in and make us a fortress again and take us back to the prem!!!

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]

I thought that was the speech you made about Worthington Wiz [:|]

[/quote]

then we got peter grant.

[quote user="njscanary"]

Yeah  I agree,BUT, If you think back it was Delia who saved this club from extinction with 48 hours to go.

I for one thank her for that BUT she has taken this club as far as she can. Sell the shares Delia, it doesnt matter who they are as long as they are willing to put the money in and make us a fortress again and take us back to the prem!!!

[/quote]It was Watling who saved the club with 48 hours to go, not Delia.It was also Watling''s wish that no-one at the club would own more than 50%, Delia ignored that one though didn''t she?Her time has come, Delia, get out now and let some new money into the club, or we''ll be playing catchup for years.

Delia has done OK out of the club, and will get her money back through the sale of her shares. The day we have a board with the required finacial clout/strong leadership skills/required knowledge of the business cannot come quicker enough for me, as without them we are destined for League 1. 

[quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]

Delia has done OK out of the club, and will get her money back through the sale of her shares. The day we have a board with the required finacial clout/strong leadership skills/required knowledge of the business cannot come quicker enough for me, as without them we are destined for League 1. 

[/quote]

Never trust anyone who smiles whils''t they are  lyeing to you, 

[quote user="Mark Rivers..."]Makes you wonder though - how much can the manager be blamed as it seems it''s made no difference changing the last two.... One thing''s remained the same - Delia and her chums.[/quote]

That much can''t be argued with.

I think Delia should just sell, if she does want what is best for this club, she has too.

It is such a shame, as she obviously does love the club, and if she was a billionaire, we would be really lucky,

to have a proper fan with money, unlike Man city, Chelsea ect.