Sign in to follow this  
Canary Boy

Why we must sign Martin Allen

The Norwich City Board have openly stated that the next manager at Carrow Road will be someone with managerial experience, not an assistant manager. I''d go along with that.Many names have been put into the hat over the last couple of weeks, some I like the sound of, some I don''t. However, Martin Allen was someone I wanted before we signed Peter Grant, here is why...BarnetMartin Allen started his managerial career at Barnet and built a team from scratch in pre-season of the 03/04 campaign. The team shot straight to the top end of the table, however he left for Brentford with a few weeks of the season remaining.BrentfordMartin Allen had a good run at Brentford, taking the team to the promotion play-offs in both the 04/05 and the 05/06

seasons. He proved to be a very popular manager with the

fans due to his

unconventional managerial methods, which seemed to pay off due to

the relative success Brentford had under him on a limited budget.He also took Brentford to the fifth round of the FA Cup in two consecutive years, going out to Southampton in the 04/05 season, losing 3-1 after a 2-2 draw at St Mary''s, and to Charlton

3-1 in the 05/06 season. He also was in charge of one of the major

giant killings in the fourth round in the 05/06 season, beating Sunderland 2-1.

In May 06, Martin Allen announced his resignation, citing lack of Board commitment to investing in the team to take it up a peg.

MK DonsHe took up the managerial position at MK Dons in June 06, and he failed to take them up as they lost in the

play-off semi-finals. With one year still left on his contract, he accepted the post of manager of Leicester City in May 2007 after Leicester and Milton Keynes agreed suitable compensation terms.

After falling out with the chairman Milan Mandaric, Martin Allen left after just four games in charge. It has since come to light that the chairman wanted to go above Allen''s head and purchase certain players.

Can I ask all of you die-hard Norwich City supporters out there...is this the man that could give our players the kick up the backside we need and take us back to the Premiership?

My only worry is that he doesn''t seem to hang around for long at a club and I''m not sure if he would ''get on'' with the board here...

...however, Martin Allen has my vote!!!

[quote user="Canary Boy"]The Norwich City Board have openly stated that the next manager at Carrow Road will be someone with managerial experience, not an assistant manager. I''d go along with that.

Many names have been put into the hat over the last couple of weeks, some I like the sound of, some I don''t. However, Martin Allen was someone I wanted before we signed Peter Grant, here is why...

Barnet
Martin Allen started his managerial career at Barnet and built a team from scratch in pre-season of the 03/04 campaign. The team shot straight to the top end of the table, however he left for Brentford with a few weeks of the season remaining.

Brentford
Martin Allen had a good run at Brentford, taking the team to the promotion play-offs in both the 04/05 and the 05/06 seasons. He proved to be a very popular manager with the fans due to his unconventional managerial methods, which seemed to pay off due to the relative success Brentford had under him on a limited budget.

He also took Brentford to the fifth round of the FA Cup in two consecutive years, going out to Southampton in the 04/05 season, losing 3-1 after a 2-2 draw at St Mary''s, and to Charlton 3-1 in the 05/06 season. He also was in charge of one of the major giant killings in the fourth round in the 05/06 season, beating Sunderland 2-1.

In May 06, Martin Allen announced his resignation, citing lack of Board commitment to investing in the team to take it up a peg.

MK Dons
He took up the managerial position at MK Dons in June 06, and he failed to take them up as they lost in the play-off semi-finals. With one year still left on his contract, he accepted the post of manager of Leicester City in May 2007 after Leicester and Milton Keynes agreed suitable compensation terms.

After falling out with the chairman Milan Mandaric, Martin Allen left after just four games in charge. It has since come to light that the chairman wanted to go above Allen''s head and purchase certain players.

Can I ask all of you die-hard Norwich City supporters out there...is this the man that could give our players the kick up the backside we need and take us back to the Premiership?

My only worry is that he doesn''t seem to hang around for long at a club and I''m not sure if he would ''get on'' with the board here...

...however, Martin Allen has my vote!!!

[/quote]

I really don''t see why you would want him, yes he is a bit different but i was pleased to see him Leicester. Mandaric did not want to sign players for hm he left for various reasons -

- his methods were very sunday league, the players lost faith in him after a matter of weeks. He treated them like kids, handing out Mars Bars for doing well in training and a naughty chair was put in place.

- he was extremely arrogant, rude and was not liked by members of staff, including the players.

- he didn''t have vision of the premiership, something our club wants to achieve ASAP

If you want your players treated like five year olds then he''s the man for you.

I really don''t share you thoughts Foxile, although I respect them.Martin Allen has been a success at every club he has been at, except for Leicester, for which he cannot be judged on 4 games.We need experience and success, and quickly, I believe Martin Allen is just the man, if only for the time being.

could be the best of a bad bunch, I wonder if we will ever find out who the fifty plus applicants were?

He gets my vote tooEach day that passes I am becomming wiser to the fact that Norwich have no decent players, no funds in the kitty and no endearing qualities (please don''t give me any of that we''re a massive club b#######x.......were way off in nearly every department)Realistically Allen is the best manager we could land given the current stituation this club is facing. In fact we should consider ourslves lucky if we got him.

[quote user="Canary Boy"]I really don''t share you thoughts Foxile, although I respect them.

Martin Allen has been a success at every club he has been at, except for Leicester, for which he cannot be judged on 4 games.

We need experience and success, and quickly, I believe Martin Allen is just the man, if only for the time being.
[/quote]

I agree with Foxile, Martin Allen is not what we need.

If he left Brentford citing lack of Board commitment to investing in the team then he probably ain''t gonna last too long with us now is he? Anyone remember Martin O''Neil???