Sign in to follow this  
John Boubepo

Shares

For anybody who is interested in separating their head from their heart for a second, shares in NCFC are not actually a very good financial investment, nor are any shares in football clubs, end of story.
Most clubs rely on a captive customer base which gives a false indication of trade and popularity, in the case of NCFC shares, they are not fully registered on the London Stock Exchange, which means there is no set price when you want to sell them.

The way it stands right now is, if you want to sell you have to haggle a price with a potential buyer, a bit like selling a second-hand car, obviously if shares were in big demand, instead of your price per share increasing, the club would just produce more shares and take the trade!!

I wouldn''t touch NCFC shares with a barge pole, and before anyone slags me off for missing the point, I know the idea of the share issue is to promote the club, etc. etc.

But if the club take all their decisions based on very strict financial lines, why should I be expected to take a different view myself?

This post isn''t a knee jerk reaction to the Huckerby/Crouch disappointment, although I must admit I am rather frustrated at the outcome, it''s more a case of putting things into a financial perspective.

On the brighter side, I believe there is a silver lining in every cloud and despite the NCFC board trying to sell us dodgy, non profitable shares I believe they will come up with an alternative to Hux & Crouch in the very near future!!

John, you''re absolutely right about the value of the shares - but I''m buying some anyway. Why? Because I couldn''t afford it alst time but I would love to have a piece of paper on my wall that says I own a tiny piece of something that means a hell of a lot to me. Hopefully enough people feel the same way to make a success of the offer. Even if it is a success we might buy player/s who are not successful - but maybe we will.