Sign in to follow this  
we_8_ipswich

Brown, strihavka or hartson

Be nice if we actually played a formation where we get crosses into the box then we might find out. (Please play Croft on the right!!!!). Anyway i would probably go with sponge just as i feel he has the most potential considering age (and fitness) when compared to Hartson and skill compared to Brown. All in all a good question and despite my musings i really havent a clue!! Hope that helps!!!otbc

[quote user="zemas tendon"]Hartson... Brown.... Dave[/quote]

What the man said.  If Strihavka had been bought from Rotherham, we''d be booing him already.  Just because he''s a foreign import, it doesn''t make him good.

Brown by a country mile-puts in a lot of effort

Strihavka- quick but lacks the penetration needed at this level.

Hartson- well past his "sell by" date. One must question how he allowed himself to get so out of condition-hardly the action you would expect from a seasoned professional footballer. The logic of signing him totally bemuses me as does Lakey making him MOM against Bristol City. The only thing is that has benefitted Norwich from signing Hartson is the canteen sales have increased! Seems strange that Bristol City can get Trundle for £1 million and we get- HARTSON.

All in all its been a barmy few days at Norwich City with bizarre team selections and substitutions along with the drivel coming from the mouth of "Duff"(Scottish Homer Simpson). Add to this the rants of John Dawson of NCISA wanting Delia out and an injection of money.

Thought for the day- Why are Bristol City and Scunthorpe doing well in the Championship? After all they have spent little money. Perhaps it is a motivated squad without any "prima donnas"(Huckerby) who play for each other. Sounds easy really so why not a Carrow Road? 

[quote user="fuzzyfelt"]

[quote user="zemas tendon"]Hartson... Brown.... Dave[/quote]

What the man said.  If Strihavka had been bought from Rotherham, we''d be booing him already.  Just because he''s a foreign import, it doesn''t make him good.

[/quote]

spot on fuzz, browns looked better than him all season and look at the crap he gets. the only reason dave got a goal is for dion dublin telling him where to stand then heading him the ball if i remember rightly at palace. at least brown works his ass off.

[quote user="The Bucketman"]Strihavka no question![/quote]

.............in your mind maybe

Hartson was very good for 15 minutes or so. All we need now is another 75 minutes out of him and we''re laughing. The only trouble is we can''t afford to wait another couple of months while he tries to bring himself up to match fitness, or any kind of fitness for that matter!

To be fair we are so crap this season that I really dont think its fair to compareAnyone listening to the Burnley game on Radio Norfolk woulda heard Neil Adams'' comment on Curetons miss to tie up the game" He would have hit the back of the net in a Colchester shirt "Someone of Hartsons calibre and CV ( regardless of age )should be in the starting 11 if fitDave StrikerWell hes going to take time to adapt, and just remember if it wasnt for him we would be bottom of the table, as technically he got us our last 3 ptsBrownWorkhorse and after actually scoring a goal im happier to see him getting a game.

As it stands if i was the gaffer id be playing   Cureton - Hartson                                                                   Cureton - BrownBUT id deffo slot Dave in as a sub or here and there as I think he will be a touch of class for us next season in League 1.

Before we start talking strikers we need to get Crofty back in the starting XI .