Sign in to follow this  
Canary Ben

From sports mag

My mate (dan sheppard) work for a sports magasine has told me that from his sources he nows for a fact that jewell has had an interview, has looked around colney and has watched training sessions. he has also looked round the ground however as far as he can tell, he has not yet watched a match. He fully expects Jewell to come to Norwich and yet i still dont  see it happening. Dan would happily put money on it being Jewell but unfortunatly betting companies are not taking bets, according to him this is just due to lack of interest. They very rarly get any inside info.  He expects for him to be annonced lattest of monday, possibly friday.

Other info that may interest you

Allen is likely to go to Millwall

Leicster manager will demand talks with bolton

Just so you no my mate normally come through for me, i mean he told me about grant at the time. check my previous posts if you need to, but i hope to god hes right this time!!!!

Canary Ben, if you are right then Id be ecstatic. Ive heard the name Dan Sheppard mentioned before, does he work for sky sports [:s] Megson is in talks with Bolton now so one part is right hopefully the rest is.....

The thing that concerns me the most about the appointment is that most of the names mentioned so far will almost certainly have a large number of people unwilling to even give them a fair crack before they lobby against him, which will undoubtedly lead to more and more negativity and division amongst supporters.

That is, it seems, apart from Jewell.   He does seem to be the man that everyone has at (or towards) the top of their lists.  I do wonder whether he is the only choice that could potentially unite everyone (behind the playing side of things at least) from day one - so if only for that reason, I really do hope it turns out to be him...

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]

That is, it seems, apart from Jewell.   He does seem to be the man that everyone has at (or towards) the top of their lists.  I do wonder whether he is the only choice that could potentially unite everyone (behind the playing side of things at least) from day one - so if only for that reason, I really do hope it turns out to be him...

[/quote]

I''ve been thinking same. The problem is of course the team not winning/drawing but of course the intertwined problem is one of unity.

Jewell is the man.

GOD we can only hope (unrealistically of course, but then Darren Huckerby would never come to us,  would he?!)

[quote user="Jim Kent"]Well time will tell, but wouldn''t we all love Jewell I know I would[/quote]

no... he''ll be gone in the summer to a premiership club and we will be right back in square one.. we want a manager who will show us someloyalty and isnt using us to shop window himself.

jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[quote user="Jim Kent"]Well time will tell, but wouldn''t we all love Jewell I know I would[/quote]

no... he''ll be gone in the summer to a premiership club and we will be right back in square one.. we want a manager who will show us someloyalty and isnt using us to shop window himself.

[/quote]

If he wanted to use a club just so he could get a job in the premier league, surely he would have just shown interest in the Bolton job  ?     All managers are just using their clubs so they can move onto bigger and better things, except probably the top 4 in the premiership. 

bookies are taking bets.local ones in norwich are.Myself and chippys left foot told you on monday on these posts jewell was number one choice,we just got laughed at .

[quote user="Duffman"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

If he wanted to use a club just so he could get a job in the premier league, surely he would have just shown interest in the Bolton job  ?     All managers are just using their clubs so they can move onto bigger and better things, except probably the top 4 in the premiership. 

[/quote]aint that what the players do aswell use lower clubs in the hope of going to bigger and better clubs[our players bieng the exception playing to go to lower and smaller clubs]

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]  If he was going to put himself in a shop window, why pick a shop in Anglia Square?

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]

The thing that concerns me the most about the appointment is that most of the names mentioned so far will almost certainly have a large number of people unwilling to even give them a fair crack before they lobby against him, which will undoubtedly lead to more and more negativity and division amongst supporters.

[/quote]

Good post, BP. I agree that Jewell seems to have the least negative responses from everyone on here. The only minuses seem to be that he''ll be off as soon as a '' big '' club comes sniffing. Not necessarily......

I think that he would unite supporters and give the Board the chance to show some ambition for once. But - and it''s a big one - no manager will be able to improve this team without cash to spend so the Board will need to show some ambition on that front too.

Personally I just want to see us avert the present crisis by staying in the Championship this season. If Jewell comes her, we stay up and he immediately leaves he''ll still deserve our thanks. But it could be that we''ll improve dramatically enough for him to want to stay around long enough for a crack at the big time next season.

You never know, it could happen......

It does seem strange he was not even considered for the Bolton job. Why is that? Has he promised to go elsewhere already? I guess by Monday we will probably know one way or another. Just for once I would like to think we had something positive to discuss!