Sign in to follow this  
Syteanric

Get tislon in!

young, up and coming manager who did well to Get Southend promoted... and is doing well with them again minus Freddy Eastwood.. gets the best out of his players and i reckon he''s got the stomach for a fight....

We could do a hell of a lot worse! he will be loyal to us (unlike Jewell will i think) and will improve things.

chance for the board to show some guts! get him in Delia!

jas :)

[quote user="C.T "]who the heck is this tislon you speak of?[/quote]

Exactly, until you lot learn how to spell his name you can forget about nicking him off his true calling! [:P]

I''d certainly take him. He''s done well at southend without any real money, and as you''d esxpect they found it tough last year and were relegatred. But, he''s lost key players like eastwood and cambell ryce and still got them challenging. He''s succesful, still young enough, seems a good bloke and knows the lower leagues well to hopefully unearth some bargain talent.

Tilson in!

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

he will be loyal to us

[/quote]Yeah, cos he''s being really loyal to Southend at the moment isn''t he?

[quote user="Glasgow SUFC"]

[quote user="C.T "]who the heck is this tislon you speak of?[/quote]

Exactly, until you lot learn how to spell his name you can forget about nicking him off his true calling! [:P]

[/quote]

i hear they are getting electicity and running water in sheffield next week.. one step closer to getting away from being a slum i guess.

and Herb. How long has tilson been at Southend? how many promotions has he achieved with them... he sees himself as having outstayed his welcome and is moving on.. fiar play to him.

I suppose you have the same job today that you had when you were 16 eh Herb? or did u move on to further yourself?

Seeing as all this has resulted from a "off the record" conversation with a EDP journalist, his words, not mine, I think you lot are jumping the gun in thinking he''s clearing his desk at Roots Hall prior to driving up the A11 to take charge at NCFC!

What does running water in Sheffield have to do with anything ?   SUFC is Southend United, not Sheffield United.

[quote user="Glasgow SUFC"]Seeing as all this has resulted from a "off the record" conversation with a EDP journalist, his words, not mine, I think you lot are jumping the gun in thinking he''s clearing his desk at Roots Hall prior to driving up the A11 to take charge at NCFC![/quote]

where have i said he is?

I just said we should get him in as my choice for manager

[quote user="inch_high"]It would be quicker down the A12,A14,A140 surely.[:D][/quote]

Nah, A127, M25, A11 from Tilly''s house would be far quicker!

Wasn''t directed solely at you.
More so at everyone on this board who''s excited by a snippet of rumour from your local paper!

I bet you would, although as I said when Grant got sacked, it would be a big gamble for a club like yourselves.  Tilson bleeds Southend blue (fan, player, coach, manager) & it''s debatable if he could replicate that commitment & passion working for any other club!

[quote user="Steelsilver"]nah, he''s rubbish..just another manager who likes to sell the best and bring in rejects.[/quote]

how the hell do u think a league 1 team are meant to keep a top championship striker like eastwood.

tilson in

It was a no-brainer, Freddy wanted out after believing his own publicity post Man Utd (he wasn''t really ever the same player in a blue shirt after that goal).  Personally, I feel we sold him a little short to Wolves but hopefully the add-ons will come to fruition one day!

He''d have left even if we''d stayed up!

That''s the route I will be taking on Sunday to Attleborough, but the A12 route back home after Beccles.As for Tilly I personally think that he would gain much by moving onto other club as sometimes I feel that he can be tatically naive. HOWEVER, I don''t want him to leave. And I hope he is still the manager when we are in the championship and at the new ground.So keep your thieving hands off him!