Sign in to follow this  
Tom NCFC

Why has this forum changed?

When I registered on this forum nearly 2 years ago, it was a place where you could share you views and opionons with other like minded people about any number of topics, whether they were serious or just a joke. All the posters were very unique in what ideas they held. People like 1st Wizard, Lucky Green trainers, Jas of the Barclay, Citizen Journalist would have their views on what you thought and would reply with what they considered was their view on the subject.

Where have those days gone?

Now I can''t post a thread without getting a head bitten off by some ''Registered on the 25th October 2007'' poster. There''s hardly any humour on this forum anymore....... i''m not sure about you guys but I come on the pinkun just to relax and unwind. Don''t get me wrong, I know NCFC are in a bad place at the moment but why does that mean that we have to be negative to each other, I wasn''t the one who employed Grant!

When I try to force some positivity onto this board, it always comes back to the present and this negative state of mind that nearly everyone seems to have. Aren''t I aloud to be optismistic about the canaries future? I do believe things are going to change for the better and thats why I try to be positive on this forum, I sure as hell aren''t going to be one of those negative ''it''s utterly hopeless'' people because thats not the way I am.

I posted this yesterday http://new.pinkun.com/cs/forums/1060010/ShowPost.aspx, Some people who like remembered the good ol'' days may enjoy this post!

In case it has exscaped you, the club is in a bit of a crisis right now.  This means that people on the forum, as in real life have divided into groups depending on their views.  This creates amore hostile environment and lets be honest the main topic under discussion is so serious that people are going to be more passionate, or rude depending on their perception of a post.

1st wizard to mention one of your examples has started blaming jocks and irish and catholics and basically raving like a mental case.   That is anothe reason why the board is fragmenting - you cannot discuss because some of the major posters are basically out of control and are incapable of a rational discussion anymore, preferring to spit and point score.

Ber positive if you want, but for gods sake don''t think that in this dark time that being positive is a majority view!

[quote user="Tom NCFC"]

When I registered on this forum nearly 2 years ago, it was a place where you could share you views and opionons with other like minded people about any number of topics, whether they were serious or just a joke. All the posters were very unique in what ideas they held. People like 1st Wizard, Lucky Green trainers, Jas of the Barclay, Citizen Journalist would have their views on what you thought and would reply with what they considered was their view on the subject.

Now I can''t post a thread without getting a head bitten off by some ''Registered on the 25th October 2007'' poster. There''s hardly any humour on this forum anymore....... i''m not sure about you guys but I come on the pinkun just to relax and unwind. Don''t get me wrong, I know NCFC are in a bad place at the moment but why does that mean that we have to be negative to each other, I wasn''t the one who employed Grant!

When I try to force some positivity onto this board, it always comes back to the present and this negative state of mind that nearly everyone seems to have. Aren''t I aloud to be optismistic about the canaries future? I do believe things are going to change for the better and thats why I try to be positive on this forum, I sure as hell aren''t going to be one of those negative ''it''s utterly hopeless'' people because thats not the way I am.

I posted this yesterday http://new.pinkun.com/cs/forums/1060010/ShowPost.aspx, Some people who like remembered the good ol'' days may enjoy this post!

[/quote]

Keep being positive then get your own back on the negative head-biters when they  get all positive when it turns around!

[quote user="Tom NCFC"]

[/quote]I agree with you whole-heartedly Tom NCFC, I miss those days where we could all have a good chat about things. Now it seems whenever I post, someone slates me. Shame, as this board has some very good members.

[quote user="The Bucketman"]Keep being positive then get your own back on the negative head-biters when they  get all positive when it turns around![/quote]

Hey, Bucketman! Your missus needs to leave the house so she needs the bucket back now. [:D][;)]

[quote user="Tom NCFC"]

[/quote]

Never mind Tom. You need to remember that we are in the half term holidays so the kiddies have little to do except disrupt this forum. They will all be gone by next week.

[quote user="ricardo"]

Never mind Tom. You need to remember that we are in the half term holidays so the kiddies have little to do except disrupt this forum. They will all be gone by next week.[/quote]

And all their time ''up the city'' getting in my way at lunchtime. When I was a yoof I don''t remember spending half-term walking around the city every day. Kids these days... Bah!

i think that its a bit of an unfair comment saying the forum members that '' bite your head off'' are all the new ones. When very often its the old ones that go mad on people. You cant judg someone on when they joined the forum, its pathetic ...

as for ricardo''s comment about its all ''little kiddies'' thats even worse... dont have any of the younger generation supporting your team then, im sure they (or We if you are refering to 15 year olds) would be much more calm supporting man united like everybody else my age does.

what forum should do is block repetive views i.e 3 people starting topic about hartson, 10 on the match, 4 on not turning up

one thread is needed thats all

JC wrote:

1st wizard to mention one of your examples has started blaming jocks and irish and catholics and basically raving like a mental case.   That is anothe reason why the board is fragmenting - you cannot discuss because some of the major posters are basically out of control and are incapable of a rational discussion anymore, preferring to spit and point score

Oh big bad me JC!.

I''m going mental mate because having come through the dark days of Chase, and further back to 1957 if you like! this is the worse team and board in my memory, in fact matey, rabid would be a far more apt discription of my feelings today.

Tom:

I honestly believe mate that good honest debate doesn''t get a chance to develope on here because all the new ''one post Jimmies'' keep starting new and pointless threads, thus pushing the more interesting ones like this one off the messageboard.

Thats the real truth of the matter rather than someone''s personal hidden agenda against me!!.[:|]

[quote user="Tom NCFC"]

[/quote]

Completely agree, I have posted only a few hundred posts over about 2years, and viewed the board for some time before that.  Now there are people on here with Hundreds and Hundreds, or Thousands of negative posts, and barely any humour!  I agree!!

When you registered 2 years ago most fans really thought we were only on loan to the championship.Now after over 2 years of rubbish football and false dawns people are finding it very hard to be ultra positive.I think this is reflected in the negitive post''s and the shouting down of positive posters.I myself was ultra positive  about this season but when we sold earnshaw safri and dickson i realized the board have no ambition.Add this to the sub standard replacements and the dire football we played under grant i am finding it very difficult to get excited about anything at carrow road,this is being reflected in my less than upbeat posts[:(]

Oh, I think I see what you mean Wizard. Any thread that has a reference to you is a more interesting thread. Well, in that case, I think I''ll add my name to the thread. Let''s also invite citangel, gazzathe great , Temp, Ricardo, Nutty, Gorleston Jim, even DumbledeliaIsMagic for a return guest spot, and all the other good old posters who, when they can find it within themselves, can add wit, humour and a jolly good time NO MATTER how things may look on the pitch at this moment in time, because that will change shortly. As a matter of fact, let''s invite everyone for a pyjama party ( everyone except Cluck, ''cause he smells ). Speaking of pyjama parties, I think I''ll go and have a lie down.   

[quote user="ipswichrscum"]

i think that its a bit of an unfair comment saying the forum members that '' bite your head off'' are all the new ones. When very often its the old ones that go mad on people. You cant judg someone on when they joined the forum, its pathetic ...

as for ricardo''s comment about its all ''little kiddies'' thats even worse... dont have any of the younger generation supporting your team then, im sure they (or We if you are refering to 15 year olds) would be much more calm supporting man united like everybody else my age does.

[/quote]

Don''t worry about it Shax? [;)] Everyone''s moody and in a strop because how bad we are right now. New posters are an easy target. Not all youngsters support Man. United, I heard Scholesy is a Norwich fan! [;)]

When I first posted on here a huge hairy canary told me I was everything that was wrong with this board, it happens to us all I guess. Maybe it''s some sort of quaint initiation ceremony [:^)]

To all those who don''t like all these new posters - there is a bright side because I bet the increase in posters gets the board updated even more frequently [;)]

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]Oh, I think I see what you mean Wizard. Any thread that has a reference to you is a more interesting thread. Well, in that case, I think I''ll add my name to the thread. Let''s also invite citangel, gazzathe great , Temp, Ricardo, Nutty, Gorleston Jim, even DumbledeliaIsMagic for a return guest spot, and all the other good old posters who, when they can find it within themselves, can add wit, humour and a jolly good time NO MATTER how things may look on the pitch at this moment in time, because that will change shortly. As a matter of fact, let''s invite everyone for a pyjama party ( everyone except Cluck, ''cause he smells ). Speaking of pyjama parties, I think I''ll go and have a lie down.   [/quote]

Some great names there YC, except that if Cluck can''t come I shan''t either, so, ya boo sucks to that with brass nobs on!.[:D]

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]Oh, I think I see what you mean Wizard. Any thread that has a reference to you is a more interesting thread. Well, in that case, I think I''ll add my name to the thread. Let''s also invite citangel, gazzathe great , Temp, Ricardo, Nutty, Gorleston Jim, even DumbledeliaIsMagic for a return guest spot, and all the other good old posters who, when they can find it within themselves, can add wit, humour and a jolly good time NO MATTER how things may look on the pitch at this moment in time, because that will change shortly. As a matter of fact, let''s invite everyone for a pyjama party ( everyone except Cluck, ''cause he smells ). Speaking of pyjama parties, I think I''ll go and have a lie down.   [/quote]

Some great names there YC, except that if Cluck can''t come I shan''t either, so, ya boo sucks to that with brass nobs on!.[:D]

[/quote]

Well, if you and Cluck are in bed together I sure hope you''re wearing pyjamas or, failing that, the kind of clothing Sir Galahad used to protect himself.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="ipswichrscum"]

[/quote]

Don''t worry about it Shax? [;)] Everyone''s moody and in a strop because how bad we are right now. New posters are an easy target. Not all youngsters support Man. United, I heard Scholesy is a Norwich fan! [;)]

When I first posted on here a huge hairy canary told me I was everything that was wrong with this board, it happens to us all I guess. Maybe it''s some sort of quaint initiation ceremony [:^)]

To all those who don''t like all these new posters - there is a bright side because I bet the increase in posters gets the board updated even more frequently [;)]

[/quote]

haha, nice 1 spencor prior [;)]
but i think you have mistaken me for shax ... i am (well ... so u say) thorny [:D] haha!

I wish we could have the humour, the good natured banter, and the general feel good factor. Sadly, though, we are seeing our club being run into the ground before our eyes, we are told that they cannot rule out further player sales to help with the growing debts, yet the last real asset left in the summer, now we have a squad which, to be brutally honest, no-one would want! We are told that everyone is interested in the managers job, and yet more and more "big" names are dropping out, every day. Suddenly it has gone from Steve Bruce to Martin Ling, we are told the club wants to be in the Premiership, but not at the cost of improving the infrastructure, offices, hotels, restaurants. I''m sorry but I was under the impression that the only way to make money in football was to be in the Premiership! Prudance is killing the club we all love.

Hi Tom,

I like abit of humour so see my post on the top 10 favourites to be manager. Back home most on here would go as whigeing Poms.

I know the club is in a crisis as some call it. Its only football and a couple of wins would make life much more comfortable.

Wiz wrote.......

''''I honestly believe mate that good honest debate doesn''t get a chance to develope on here because all the new ''one post Jimmies'' keep starting new and pointless threads, thus pushing the more interesting ones like this one off the messageboard.''''

I totally agree wiz. I don''t think it would be too difficult for the mods to transfer a new thread entitled ''Paul Jewell'' into an existing thread called ''Paul Jewell''. I don''t think that having their post tucked away nicely would have the same appeal as seeing their ''startling revelation'' on top of the board and therefore would be less likely to post !!

I think a bigger problem is ANY thread whether it''s about the new away shirt, the team coach or the nearest pub doesn''t get very far before the anti-board brigade jump on it and then the thread deteriorates into the same old, same old. I feel sure this must put many posters off knowing anything they say is going to be ridiculed, called sheep, delia''s darlings or worse. Unfortunately virtually every thread on this board tends to take this course It''s a bit like having a discussion with friends in a pub when the local drunk decides to intervene. We''ve all met him haven''t we? 

There can''t be one supporter in this land who is happy with things at the moment but to be a football supporter you have to be the eternal optimist. That is the nature of the beast. I have to admire those on here who support the club through thick and thin and are not afraid to admit it. When I walk into the ground I am only ever thinking of the game ahead, never what''s going on in the boardroom.

I must confess, I feel very negative about things at the moment but in a very POSITIVE WAY though !!

Things aint the same. But.... things always chance and we can always hope they can change for the better again...

Please don''t tar all of us new posters with the same brush. I managed to slip quietly in without upsetting anybody(I hope). I will say though that I have spent a long time reading this forum to get a feel for it before joining hence I refraimed from starting any new threads.[:D]

Wiz said :- ''one post Jimmies'' keep starting new and pointless threads

Pardon me ! It''s pick on  "Jimmies" week is it ?

I''ll get you Wiz, I''ll knock over all of your traffic cones next time I come to Lowestoft !

[quote user="lappinitup"]

I think a bigger problem is ANY thread whether it''s about the new away shirt, the team coach or the nearest pub doesn''t get very far before the anti-board brigade jump on it and then the thread deteriorates into the same old, same old. I feel sure this must put many posters off knowing anything they say is going to be ridiculed, called sheep, delia''s darlings or worse. Unfortunately virtually every thread on this board tends to take this course It''s a bit like having a discussion with friends in a pub when the local drunk decides to intervene. We''ve all met him haven''t we? 

There can''t be one supporter in this land who is happy with things at the moment but to be a football supporter you have to be the eternal optimist. That is the nature of the beast. I have to admire those on here who support the club through thick and thin and are not afraid to admit it. When I walk into the ground I am only ever thinking of the game ahead, never what''s going on in the boardroom.

I must confess, I feel very negative about things at the moment but in a very POSITIVE WAY though !!

[/quote]

Excellent post lappinitup - was going to say exactly the same thing but you have summed up perfectly how I feel.

Yankee, I seem to remember most of my post count was done during the time we had Hucks on loan to the time he was signed. I was pretty anti board then (asking for proof of ambition) and I am still the same now, though have conceded they got a few things right. Humour, sorry I am no MelloYello but hopefully don''t come across as too negative, I just speak from the heart. The club means a lot to me and to see it in this state (when it could be so much better) is hard to take.

Posters come and go, I miss DD too, but he was at uni while he was posting loads, has probably got a job now so can''t post as much! The other suspects you name are still on here. I miss Chicken, FatmanFat amongst others. People come and go, and the board will remain (messageboard I mean). It''s a bit bitchy at times, but compared to some is pretty fair I think.

It seems most of Norfolk is in a thouroughly misserable mood, the trouble at the club is really frustrating, annoying, and just plain awful, and to be honest this seems to have really affected the mood of the message board. Also there seems to be much more posts floating around, mostly talking about very similar topics, humourous or unusual topics seem to be missed, where as ''one post wonders'' are gaining significant ratings (in the main being moaned at, and abused(rightly so.)). Im hoping when the club starts moving on, and things improve it will similarly affect the board.