Sign in to follow this  
As my login causes problems [ :o) ]

We are after a view of all fans ...

Sorry to bring up something on the Official Message Board (ww.canaries.co.uk) but hopefully the moderators will humour me.

With the meet the board Spin and Smarm show tonight it would be useful to have a few messages to give, and one of them would be to show where the criticism of the Board mainly falls.

To that view we have a poll on the Official Board asking if only one director was to resign, who would you like that to be?

If you are registered already on there could I ask you to spare a few minutes to go and vote.

Click here for easy access

Thankyou

No directors thank you

I think they are doing a great job

Manageable debt, sacked worthy when you them wanted to,employed PG (not to many groans then)and then sacked him when as was required. What else could you ask for ? possibly a sugar daddy but then most of the world wants one of them! 

[quote user="yellowngreen"]

No directors thank you

Manageable debt, sacked worthy when you them wanted to,employed PG (not to many groans then)and then sacked him when as was required. What else could you ask for ? possibly a sugar daddy but then most of the world wants one of them! 

[/quote]

is your post genuine?

if so then im afraid every word is utter crap!

jas :)

[quote user="yellowngreen"]

No directors thank you

[/quote]

Er - NO! Worthy was sacked at least 5 months after he should have been.

[quote user="Yellow Rider"][quote user="yellowngreen"]

No directors thank you

[/quote]

[/quote]

In these new days of protest it would seem he shouldn''t have been sacked at all.

Surely, if a director was to resign, then a potential source of transfer funding will be removed from the club ?  How would this help us to buy our way out of our current trouble ?

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Yellow Rider"][quote user="yellowngreen"]

No directors thank you

[/quote]

[/quote]

In these new days of protest it would seem he shouldn''t have been sacked at all.

[/quote]

errr why?  Because the board hired an untried and  incompetant replacement and let him hire a triple failing loser as his assistant.

blah, why would a director resigning remove the source of funds?

Munby - tuppence in

Doncaster - halfpenny in

and for the others they still have their shareholdings in which actually can''t just be taken out (the one downside of using loans as a backdoor entry for share purchase).

You are as guilty as Delia of confusing management (more accurately mismanagement) with investment, the two are not the same.

[quote]

blah, why would a director resigning remove the source of funds?

Munby - tuppence in

Doncaster - halfpenny in

and for the others they still have their shareholdings in which

actually can''t just be taken out (the one downside of using loans as a

backdoor entry for share purchase).

You are as guilty as Delia of confusing management (more accurately mismanagement) with investment, the two are not the same.[/quote]

Fair point I suppose.  I guess Munby if anyone, on the basis that he''s the chair.  I''m not sure how a director resigning would improve the current situation though.  What do you see are the potential advantages ?

Blah the one thing we have necer really had from our leaders is a simple admission that they have got it wrong.  So for a start, a resignation would do that.  For me that is the main reason that Munby should go.

However he should also go as he is the main figurehead of the club, and with a background in marketing should be dealing with all these issues, which he clearly hasn''t. He should be replaced by a hard hitting independent chairman capable of bringing all sides of every argument to the table and getting the right decision, at the right time (no more dithering).

Doncaster should go as he is simply out of his depth. Our West Country solicitor has been found lacking time and time again and needs to be replaced by an experienced CEO who can grab this club by the scruff of the neck and get it moving.

I''d settle for just those two in terms of resignations, but I also want wider share ownership, with no one holding overall control as promised by Delia when she came into the Club and an elected "supporter director" as proposed by the Shareholders'' Trust.

An agenda for change that will come, it is just a question of how long.

[quote]Blah the one thing we have necer really had from our leaders is a

simple admission that they have got it wrong.  So for a start, a

resignation would do that.  For me that is the main reason that Munby

should go.[/quote]I guess you could also argue that it''s a full-time job and he can''t split himself in 2.[quote]He should be replaced by a hard hitting independent chairman capable of

bringing all sides of every argument to the table and getting the right

decision, at the right time (no more dithering).[/quote]Where would you find such a beast ?   I bet they don''t come cheap.  But neither will a decent manager.[quote]I''d settle for just those two in terms of resignations, but I also want

wider share ownership, with no one holding overall control as promised

by Delia when she came into the Club and an elected "supporter

director" as proposed by the Shareholders'' Trust.[/quote]I agree with the no overall control thing - if we really have a board that works as a team and trusts each other, then where is the harm in having no overall control ?  I''d also like to see a supporter director, but doubt that this could happen.  Anyone that got the post would probably become accused of being a mouthpiece / apologist for the board, and I''d hate to be put out of a job... [:)]

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Yellow Rider"][quote user="yellowngreen"]

No directors thank you

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

errr why?  Because the board hired an untried and  incompetant replacement and let him hire a triple failing loser as his assistant.

[/quote]

errr no! Because apparently he was forced to work under an incompetent board who have got nothing right since they sacked Mike Walker after two 5-0 wins. Bearing that in mind I think a play off final, and a championship and never finishing below 9th in this league is a great achievement.

I thought his time was up and a change was needed but the catalogue of errors being aimed at the board these days really make you wonder!