Sign in to follow this  
As my login causes problems [ :o) ]

Everything is alright after all ..

So forget the state of team morale, our league position, our finances, where the next goal is coming from, or even how attendances are suffering with people who have already paid for a ticket not bothering to turn up!

We have a new special edition shirt that commemorates that we have ''averaged'' over 20,000 season tickets for the last three years.

Please note that this is ''averaged'' and the shirt has been released later than planned because we didn''t actually reach 20,000 season tickets, thus scuppering this big new release until someone thought of that clever ''average'' word.

Well yippee dee doo dah that should take the heat off the Board.

I wonder if they''ll release a shirt to commemorate the most league defeats in a season since 1972 / 73 at the end of the season.  They should have done it last season really, but nobody noticed...

another example of all that is wrong at this club! waste money on producing new shirts that only a few will buy and forget football!!  this will really help generate funds towards new players wont it? if we have 20,000 season ticket holders why only produce 5,000 to sell? surely they should produce 20,000 and give one to each daft bugger who has a season ticket, myself included, as a thank you for putting up with three years of absolute crap football!!

next it will be a celebratory ball to commemorate us scoring 10 goals this season i suppose?  should be out just in time for Xmas!!!

im sure that the club are already getting nxt seasons must have t-shirts for canary fans !...   " On loan to league one " .. !!!! ;o) ive put my order in already !!

It does sound a bit daft but then so does most of the merchandise that gets sold - I''d not be seen dead in 95% of it but it still sells.  The simple fact is, baldyboy, that t-shirts cost bugger all to make but can be sold on for a small fortune, I''d imagine a margin of 60%-75% or even more.  What, precisely, would you do with the few £k that they cost to make that would make such a difference on the footballing front, when the profit made stands to be much more?

Branston, the point im trying to make is to emphasise just how little football appears to mean to this board of ours? what is so fantastic about selling 20,000 season tickets that a commemorative shirt has to be produced? yet again worrying about the commercial side when they  should be putting every effort into improving football at the club.

[quote user="baldyboy"]

another example of all that is wrong at this club! waste money on producing new shirts that only a few will buy and forget football!!  this will really help generate funds towards new players wont it? if we have 20,000 season ticket holders why only produce 5,000 to sell? surely they should produce 20,000 and give one to each daft bugger who has a season ticket, myself included, as a thank you for putting up with three years of absolute crap football!!

next it will be a celebratory ball to commemorate us scoring 10 goals this season i suppose?  should be out just in time for Xmas!!!

[/quote]

and give you your money back (for those who were gullible enough to sign up for another season of crap this season).