Sign in to follow this  
Rudolph Hucker

THIS IS UTTERLY RIDICULOUS!

Still no managerial appointment and all we get fed are press induced rumours.

The time it is taking Norwich City''s Board to appoint a new manager is not prudence; it is not due diligence it IS criminally negligent, embarassing and just sooooo typical it makes me furious.

We had a situation where Grant was clearly losing his grip several games ago; the side had a couple of lucky results papering over cracks and had managed 30 minutes of proper football under his stewardship all season. Did it not cross the minds of our Board that things may have to change and as a contingency did they not have a view amongst them as to who would make a suitable replacement?

Do they have no clue as to who would suit and serve this Club? Or is theright option too much his own man; too demanding of resources and too big for our Club?

Other sides go out and positively head-hunt the right person (although Megson is an odd one I''ll admit) and use all means, including the media, to get them. Us? ''Hello, Chairman of Southend, we like the look of your manager.''  ''Sod off Mr. Doncaster!'' ''Oh! Alright, sorry to have bothered you!'' Is about our mark.

Even worse, and this would surely never be forgiven or forgotten, the Board are happy to sit on their hands and hope Duffy improves while they window shop, going around the managerial department store, picking things up, asking questions but having no intention of making a purchase.

If I am wrong then it is the fault of the Board for their previous actions which make me dubious now of their proper intentions. But all the same, this endless, aimless, gutless, directionless shambles of a strung out search for a new manager is utterly ridiculous and brings nothing but deserved contempt on those engineering it.

Totally agree RH. Who do we think we are? Thinking top quality managers will come to us? Its time the board got some balls (even Delia) and if they want someone go out and get them! Everyone else does!

Im gettin really bored of this whole saga, logging on here only to be disappointed by no news! Its tedious, we have wasted time......

Maybe just maybe we are hanging on for a Jewell,Bruce or Dowie....who knows.....Go on......PROVE ME WRONG!

the only ridiculous thing is this post.The board have a very important decision to make, if they get it wrong it would be disaster, they have to make sure they get the right man. If that takes 2 weeks then so be it.

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]

Even worse, and this would surely never be forgiven or forgotten, the Board are happy to sit on their hands and hope Duffy improves while they window shop, [/quote]

this is exactly it i think Rude old...

Duffy has got the job.. the board are giving him so many games as "caretaker" in the hope he can pull it off.. they will look at Brizzol city and urnley as "improvements" and how we have scored goals and are hoping he can pull it off and, miacle of miracles, we can beat the Baggies at the weekend... then it will make their decision seem justified.

Get walloped by WBA and the board are going to have get someone from outside in and quickly! this might be a panic appointment which wont have the desired effect.

ask why, 3 weeks later, we havent had an announcement? because Duffy was promised the job the day afgter Grant went.. he is just being given chances to prove it.

jas :)

Well said, add to that no replacement for Martin Hunter since the start of the season and we had a recipe for relegation from day one, i''m getting frustrated about our lack of ambition which the board talks about but never puts into action. Time for a change at the top and a new direction which is proactive.

The time it is taking Norwich City''s Board to appoint a new manager is not prudence; it is not due diligence it IS criminally negligent, embarassing and just sooooo typical it makes me furious.

We had a situation where Grant was clearly losing his grip several games ago; the side had a couple of lucky results papering over cracks and had managed 30 minutes of proper football under his stewardship all season. Did it not cross the minds of our Board that things may have to change and as a contingency did they not have a view amongst them as to who would make a suitable replacement?

Do they have no clue as to who would suit and serve this Club? Or is theright option too much his own man; too demanding of resources and too big for our Club?

Other sides go out and positively head-hunt the right person (although Megson is an odd one I''ll admit) and use all means, including the media, to get them. Us? ''Hello, Chairman of Southend, we like the look of your manager.''  ''Sod off Mr. Doncaster!'' ''Oh! Alright, sorry to have bothered you!'' Is about our mark.

Even worse, and this would surely never be forgiven or forgotten, the Board are happy to sit on their hands and hope Duffy improves while they window shop, going around the managerial department store, picking things up, asking questions but having no intention of making a purchase.

If I am wrong then it is the fault of the Board for their previous actions which make me dubious now of their proper intentions. But all the same, this endless, aimless, gutless, directionless shambles of a strung out search for a new manager is utterly ridiculous and brings nothing but deserved contempt on those engineering it.

[/quote]

God how I hate to agree with you....

This is so good I could have written it myself.        [Y]

Personally, I''d rather wait if it means getting the right man. Lets face it, we don''t know what''s going on behind the scenes. I admit that recent history suggests we are going to get a duffer but look at it this way. If we wait and they spend lots of time considering their options and we get a wrongun, then we will have every right to be dissapointed. We can''t feel that way until the then.

Finally Rude - you''ve posted what we''ve all been feeling these last two weeks after your initial hog wash post before the Bristol City game. The fact that we STILL haven''t hired a new manager two weeks since Grant was BELATEDLY sacked (he should''ve gone sooner) is absolutely criminal. The board have proven to me that there are UTTERLY INCOMPETANT. If I owned NCFC I would''ve sacked Neil Doncaster by now, and given him a truely shocking reference he''d never work in football again. I am sick to death of this club being too weak, too nice, to not make tough decisions. Tough decisions have to be made NOW. Not next week, not in two weeks, TODAY! Any more games Duffy is in charge is another game wasted. The guy is a dead man walking. He should be fired TODAY. Give Dublin the job for this Saturday, at least the players respect him and look up to him. And then make the appointment next week. How long have the board been fannying around now? Palace had their man nailed on within 3 days. Bolton lost Lee about a week after we sacked Grant, they''ve got their replacement lined up. What''ve we got? Absolutely nothing. I am now more convinced the board were hoping Duffo would pull off a couple of fluke wins. Didn''t do it did he Neil? The fact we are still managerless just shows the sheer incompetence of our board to me. They couldn''t make a sound decision if it came up and bit them on the backside. The longer they wait, the more the frustration grows, and the more venom they get.

If every fan of Norwich City donated one pints worth of money a week to a fund (£2 a week), over a 52 week year, if 30,000 of us did that, we''d raise £3,000,000 a year. In two years we could buy the board out, and elect our own chairman to stand to represent us. And if we kept donating £2 a week every year, we''d be able to afford some decent players. Just an idea. But by God, we need to do something.

agreed rude old - we''re appearing like a dithering bunch of no-hopers.  completely amateurish. they''re showing the same level of ambition to escape relegation as they''ve done to gain promotion.its not good enough - as the table indicates.

Yellow Rages Barclayman - I totally agree with both of you. I bored with the moaning and criticism. 

Alot of this forum seems to live in cloud cuckoo land.

The weakest link.

Good bye.

i dont care what is going on behind closed doors. other clubs are ruthless and go out and let it be know who they want! thus unsettling the club/manager concerned in the hope they might get there man. 

get your act together city,you are a laughing stock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

In the Diss meeting thread, it''s claimed that Munby said the reason we haven''t got a manager yet is because the one they want isn''t available yet.Does this mean that the board have gone after the man that they want ?  Possibly.Does it mean that the man they want is currently employed ?  Almost certainly.Is the man they want worth waiting for ?  If it''s Steve Bruce, and if he''s given some money to improve the squad, I''d say definitely.Waghorn was suggesting in the last days of Grant that maybe the Turners were holding out on spending money until they got someone in that they could trust with it.  Is he right ?  Who knows.I wish he''d hurry up and become available though, 15 defeats in a season is about all you can afford if you want to get into the play-offs.  Anything else leaves us with mid-table mediocrity again or a relegation battle.

The wait will be worth it if we appoint Jewell. But let''s face it the chances of that happening are less than slim.

Three weeks to tell us it''s Parkinson, Pulis, or some other journeyman will make a mockery of all the board''s posturing.

I think the best we can hope for now is a Dave Penney or Simon Grayson-type figure from the bottom two divisions with a very good (to date) track record. But I still forsee someone distinctly underwhelming arriving who''s going to have their work cut out from the start.

Absolutely spot on RH.

Whatever we think of Simon Jordan he knew his manager was going and was busily working to get the man he wanted so that when the time arrived everything was in place. Our board have reacted (or actually not reacted) to Grant''s sacking like it was a bolt from the blue, when everyone and his dog could see that there was a strong chance that he would have to go. 

Taking our time is not a problem if we end up with the right man but taking this long just shows that we dont have a clear idea of who we want. This worries me very much because it leaves the door open to the board making yet another disasterous appointment. 

[quote user="blahblahblah"]
I wish he''d hurry up and become available though, 15 defeats in a season is about all you can afford if you want to get into the play-offs.  Anything else leaves us with mid-table mediocrity again or a relegation battle.
[/quote]

Play-offs! Open your eyes BlahBlahBlah and see what is on the pitch...   Mediocre players at this level and worse.  No a single player of quality at this level anymore.

[quote user="NEIL CLUCKCASTER"][quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Actually Cluck, it''s so good you had absolutely no chance of writing it yourself.

[quote user="blahblahblah"]In the Diss meeting thread, it''s claimed that Munby said the reason we haven''t got a manager yet is because the one they want isn''t available yet.

Does this mean that the board have gone after the man that they want ?  Possibly.

Does it mean that the man they want is currently employed ?  Almost certainly.

Is the man they want worth waiting for ?  If it''s Steve Bruce, and if he''s given some money to improve the squad, I''d say definitely.

[/quote]

Sorry Blah but I don''t see how this holds water.

At the latest public forum Doncaster pointed out that we had held interviews both last week and the week before. As we can’t interview a manager who is currently employed by another club without their permission this means that candidates like Tilson have not been interviewed. Despite his come and get me plea, he clearly stated that he has heard nothing from his chairman.

In the same way we can rule out Bruce. When Birmingham were approached (by Bolton?) recently they refused permission and that was the end of that. They have not refused us permission to speak to Bruce because we have not approached them!

But all the same, this endless, aimless, gutless, directionless shambles of a strung out search for a new manager is utterly ridiculous and brings nothing but deserved contempt on those engineering it.

[/quote]

Sorry Rudolph, but I can''t agree with you on this one. Aimless? Gutless?....Give me a break, how the hell do you know what''s going on?. Press induced rumours - welcome to football at EVERY club. What do you expect, national newspaper interviews with Doncaster telling us who we''re trying to appoint today? Absurd and unrealistic. I would probably agree with some peoples views on the board if it wasen''t for posts like this!.

I think crap like this is only winding up people''s views of the board further, but in this case I don''t see what they''re doing wrong - infact I''m impressed that they''re taking there time to find the right man, and just perhaps are waiting on one or two details that are beyond their control to become ironed out....Has that ever crossed minds???.

Jeez, what''s wrong with some of you?!

Fully agreed RH, also we are wasting games at the moment if we go down with a difference of four points these three games with Duffy in charge will be the costly ones.

[quote user="Hairy Canary"][quote user="NEIL CLUCKCASTER"][quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Actually Cluck, it''s so good you had absolutely no chance of writing it yourself.

[/quote]

You certainly know how to hurt someone don''t you Fairy Canary?.......

No place for you in the Christmas Pantomime now.      [N]

Some of you want to give the Board more time and understanding, that is the Norwich way, but consider these as some examples of ''the Norwich way:''

When Chase finally confirmed a willing Martin O''Neill (yes, O''Neill,  when HE WANTED to manage Norwich) O''Neill commented about the time it had taken for that particular ''no brainer'' appointment to transpire.

When Worthington got the job it was because he went to the Board after a home game and demanded a decision.

Huckerby only signed for Norwich because he pushed hard for it. If it was down to the Board alone he would not have signed.

We only signed Ashton, a player who would have kept us in the Premier League and who had an appreciating value if we had signed him instead of Doherty at the start of the season, when the situation was FORCED on the Board.

The prolonged process to appoint Grant did not make for a better decision and Grant talked the talk and doubtless sold himself to them.

And infuriatingly, once the decisions do get made our Board never know when to let go of the likes of Hamilton, Ashton, Worthington and Grant. Two of those three were the direct architects of their own departures.

Aside of this it is jobs for mates like Hamilton and Rioch.

So what I want to see is the Board acting decisively to get the man suited to do the job and who they KNOW will put demands on them and challenge their thinking. In other words, lift them and the Club out of this comfort zone as Worthington did in his early years..

I don''t want to see someone who is their mate; I don''t want to smell compromise and I want those criteria to be met by our Board in the full realisation that THEY are making a clear and positive decision backed up by proper financial support and vision.

There is room for sentiment in some areas of football and at certain times, but otherwise it is a buisiness where a foundation of continuity must be complemented by a willingness to change. There is too much sentiment in our Board. I don''t want a Simon Jordon but I do want a humanitarian ruthlessness which can do things such as say thank you but goodbye to the likes of Huckerby. Ironically, when our Board do sanction such decisions they generally cock up those too and end up dismissing staff in an atmosphere of recrimination and resentment - such as Malky McKay. Grant at least saw this coming and sensibly protected himself and his reputation.

Since Grant left it is the Board who have clearly looked at fault for failings, so well done him!

I accept the Board may be holding on to make an absolutely bold and blinding appointment, but, as I said before, their past record gives me a genuine mandate for concern and if some of you disagree or don''t like my views then fine, I hope you will eventually feel vincicated.

Some of you want to give the Board more time and understanding, that is the Norwich way, but consider these as some examples of ''the Norwich way:''

When Chase finally confirmed a willing Martin O''Neill (yes, O''Neill,  when HE WANTED to manage Norwich) O''Neill commented about the time it had taken for that particular ''no brainer'' appointment to transpire.

When Worthington got the job it was because he went to the Board after a home game and demanded a decision.

Huckerby only signed for Norwich because he pushed hard for it. If it was down to the Board alone he would not have signed.

We only signed Ashton, a player who would have kept us in the Premier League and who had an appreciating value if we had signed him instead of Doherty at the start of the season, when the situation was FORCED on the Board.

The prolonged process to appoint Grant did not make for a better decision and Grant talked the talk and doubtless sold himself to them.

And infuriatingly, once the decisions do get made our Board never know when to let go of the likes of Hamilton, Ashton, Worthington and Grant. Two of those three were the direct architects of their own departures.

Aside of this it is jobs for mates like Hamilton and Rioch.

So what I want to see is the Board acting decisively to get the man suited to do the job and who they KNOW will put demands on them and challenge their thinking. In other words, lift them and the Club out of this comfort zone as Worthington did in his early years..

I don''t want to see someone who is their mate; I don''t want to smell compromise and I want those criteria to be met by our Board in the full realisation that THEY are making a clear and positive decision backed up by proper financial support and vision.

There is room for sentiment in some areas of football and at certain times, but otherwise it is a buisiness where a foundation of continuity must be complemented by a willingness to change. There is too much sentiment in our Board. I don''t want a Simon Jordon but I do want a humanitarian ruthlessness which can do things such as say thank you but goodbye to the likes of Huckerby. Ironically, when our Board do sanction such decisions they generally cock up those too and end up dismissing staff in an atmosphere of recrimination and resentment - such as Malky McKay. Grant at least saw this coming and sensibly protected himself and his reputation.

Since Grant left it is the Board who have clearly looked at fault for failings, so well done him!

I accept the Board may be holding on to make an absolutely bold and blinding appointment, but, as I said before, their past record gives me a genuine mandate for concern and if some of you disagree or don''t like my views then fine, I hope you will eventually feel vincicated.

[/quote]

Many good points there RH, but remember, it''s the manager, not the Board, who targets players and decides who he wants to keep under contract and who he wants to let go. For what it''s worth, I think Worthy got the Malky call wrong.

Totally agree with every word of your article - the board are timid and amateurish as usual in their approach to this appointment. While we dither the genuinely talented managers will go elsewhere and we''ll end up with the Doncaster''s dream team of Duffy and Dublin! Great as he is as a veteran footballer Dion is no where near ready for management and Duffy is a clone of Grant. Any new manager will have to make an instant impact, have the contacts and nouse to bring quality players in on loan, and get us out of this mess and up the table. All this preferably before the Ipswich game or we could be in for a very humiliating afternoon!!! Cheers....How about a management team of Jewell, McKay & Jackson?