Sign in to follow this  
Mister Positive

Diss Meeting

The reason we have no manager at the moment is because the chosen one is not available yet (Munby''s reason given at Diss), so my prophecy of Jewell is out I think?  So reading between the lines it is Grayson or the most likely now seems to be Steve Bruce as he has given the Birmingham owners an ultimatum, which one would assumes means Norwich have given him a date to say  yes or no. Iain Dowie is leaving Coventry in the morning also. The plot thickens but I now go with Bruce which would be ok

Would this be the same Bruce who paid £6m for donkey Heskey, the same Bruce who, according to his book, encouraged Savage to put key members of the opposition out of action for a few weeks in the first minutes of a game and the same Bruce who continued to play his son in the team last season even though he was the only person at the club who didn''t realise he was totally out of his depth?

Yes i also think it will be Bruce as there was also a little hint in the EDP that Kevin Piper had wrote.

I think the board will go for long term experience they cant afford to take another gamble on the likes of Parkinson,Williams they may have been a good choice if we where half way up the leauge and doing ok, but the situation we are in if the board get it wrong it will be devastating.

[quote user="Mister Positive"]The reason we have no manager at the moment is because the chosen one is not available yet (Munby''s reason given at Diss), so my prophecy of Jewell is out I think?  So reading between the lines it is Grayson or the most likely now seems to be Steve Bruce as he has given the Birmingham owners an ultimatum, which one would assumes means Norwich have given him a date to say  yes or no. Iain Dowie is leaving Coventry in the morning also. The plot thickens but I now go with Bruce which would be ok[/quote]

Er - same logic could apply to any manager, assistant etc. that is currently employed and under contract e.g. Parkinson and Tilson (as well as the two you mention). If it were down to me I would have had Mike Newell in the job at least a week ago. He is as good (if not better) than Tilson and no compo is required!

Tilson will get the job - I think that''s 90% done now.  

That would tie in with nutty nigels'' brothers'' colney rumours of a couple of weeks back.  Possibly.Does this mean that the board have gone after their man ?  Heavens to betsy no.  Surely not.

Barry, Yes it would be the same Bruce who did the things you said, but also the same Bruce who''s shrewd work & contacts got Birmingham some of the best loan signings the Championship has ever seen, which as a result got Birmingham back in the Prem.

Bruce is due to meet the new owner of Birmingham after their game on Saturday. Call it "grasping at straws", but he may just be awaiting the outcome of that meeting before he decides where his future is????

[quote user="Barry Brockes"]Would this be the same Bruce who paid £6m for donkey Heskey, the same Bruce who, according to his book, encouraged Savage to put key members of the opposition out of action for a few weeks in the first minutes of a game and the same Bruce who continued to play his son in the team last season even though he was the only person at the club who didn''t realise he was totally out of his depth?[/quote]

The same donkey Heskey who has just been recalled to the England Squad and done rather well.  That said though, is this the same Steve Bruce who swapped Andy Johnson + Cash for Clinton Morrison!

[quote user="Barry Brockes"]Would this be the same Bruce who paid £6m for donkey Heskey, the same Bruce who, according to his book, encouraged Savage to put key members of the opposition out of action for a few weeks in the first minutes of a game and the same Bruce who continued to play his son in the team last season even though he was the only person at the club who didn''t realise he was totally out of his depth?[/quote]Would that be the same Heskey who played for england recently....And I think Norwich could learn from that attitude, I''m fed up of Norwich playing fair and nice, look where that attitude has got us...And finally fair point, but IMO in the same position it would be hard to drop your own son.

[quote]The same donkey Heskey who has just been recalled to the England Squad

and done rather well.  That said though, is this the same Steve Bruce

who swapped Andy Johnson + Cash for Clinton Morrison![/quote]That''s nothing, look at some of the donkeys that Ferguson and Wenger have bought. 

It''s all about opinions and I will always have Brucie in my top ten NCFC players if for nothing else for the role he played in our winning the league cup or whatever it was called then back in 1985. It''s just that as a manager there have been one or two question marks against him including over his loyalty. Having said that and compared with some of the names being bandied about I think he could do a job here. He certainly wouldn''t have £6m. to spend on players like Heskey and if anyone thinks he''s ever been worth more than a fraction of the vast transfer fees paid for him over the years, despite his recent England recall, then I would beg to differ.  

[quote user="GazzaTCC"]Bruce is due to meet the new owner of Birmingham after their game on Saturday. Call it "grasping at straws", but he may just be awaiting the outcome of that meeting before he decides where his future is????[/quote]

Hardly committed to us then is he? Only if he gets no guarantees or assurances will he walk out from Brum to go somewhere else. That should tell you eveything you need to know about how much he would really want to come here. At least the likes of Mad Dog and Tilson have basically come out and said they''re interested. I hope Bruce stays put and we get someone who WANTS the job here. 

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote]The same donkey Heskey who has just been recalled to the England Squad and done rather well.  That said though, is this the same Steve Bruce who swapped Andy Johnson + Cash for Clinton Morrison![/quote]

That''s nothing, look at some of the donkeys that Ferguson and Wenger have bought. 
[/quote]

Jewell is on a family holiday in Dubai and won''t be avaliable until the 1st of November so don''t rule him out just yet.

[quote user="Yellow Rider"]

[quote user="GazzaTCC"]Bruce is due to meet the new owner of Birmingham after their game on Saturday. Call it "grasping at straws", but he may just be awaiting the outcome of that meeting before he decides where his future is????[/quote]

Hardly committed to us then is he? Only if he gets no guarantees or assurances will he walk out from Brum to go somewhere else. That should tell you eveything you need to know about how much he would really want to come here. At least the likes of Mad Dog and Tilson have basically come out and said they''re interested. I hope Bruce stays put and we get someone who WANTS the job here. 

[/quote]

Maybe, maybe not. If the new owner really hasn''t been available so far, and Saturday is the first chance for them to meet up, then Bruce may be playing a canny game to secure himself a new contract, or he may just be doing the honourable thing, waiting for his meeting, rather than "throwing his toys out of the pram", before making a personal judgement call as to whether he sees his future at Brum or elsewhere. Only he knows the answer to that and, for the moment, I''m prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Bruce may not be my first choice as a manager, but he''s certainly far more experienced than Tilson or Allen.  

[quote]Tilson will get the job - I think that''s 90% done now.[/quote]

Based on what, some sensationalist EDP article?
Or have you got a crystal ball?

Oh get real for gods sake.  He manages a pemiership club and will obviously want to know if his future there is positive before jumping ship.   To say that demonstrates a lack of commitment is insane.  You would do the same in his position.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Well said. I''m not too keen on the idea of Bruce anyway, because I think he needs far too much money to be able to achieve results. This is all well and good, but it would appear our delightful board are rather strapped for cash for one reason or another at the moment and so Bruce seems a bad choice to me.

[quote user="Steve Burns"]

Jewell is on a family holiday in Dubai

Who has flown over there to interview him ?

[/quote]

I''m available.

50% discount to City.

OTBC

I can''t remember where i''ve read it, but i''m sure Steve Bruce is out of contract at Birmingham at the end of the season.