Sign in to follow this  
Carles Puyols Hair

Strikers

How about Caballero from Dundee? I''m not 100% sure he is available but if so he''d be on a free now because he was one of the players they released after they went into administration. He did a good job for them in the SPL I reckon he could probably do a good job for us.
Of all the loan players mentioned I think the 2 most realistic and also the 2 best options would be Chopra and Lua-Lua. Chopra would be a fantastic signing.
On Huckerby, in my opinion, yes, he is a fine player, yes, he does make a difference, but no, we shouldn''t be signing him. The reason for this is down to 2 factors. In the first place we simply can''t afford it, regardless of what people are saying on this MB we don''t have the money, nor could we hope to find the money. Even if Man City, out of the goodness of their hearts, give him to us for free, the money he is going to want for a weekly wage, even if he graciously accepts a pay-cut, I would guess would be at least 3 times the amount that the top earner at City currently earns. Everyone saw the financial figures this week. The club is doing the right thing by looking beyond the next 6 months. I think it serves the club in a much better way in the long run although it may look like a lack of ambition at this precise moment in time when we have 2 good players on the books and as a consequence we are in a position where automatic promotion looks like a decent possibility.
Secondly, there are other good players, Huckerby could be signed and then have his leg broken at Ipswich, (they''d love that one!) Equally, he could sign and then begin to play terribly and we could slump to 8th at the end of the season. Huckerby does not equal promotion, even if it''s tempting to think that.

in my view same old story, just as we can see something really good developing if we had
gone the extra yard and captured huckerby and crouch i feel sure promotion would have been gained you have simply got to speculate to accumulate no easy options, i hate to say it them down the road forked out two million for marcus stewart at a time similar to ours and ended up in the premiership we needed to do the same with hucks and crouch

It really annoys me that people can give Ip.... credit for signing certain players and yet there they were last season paying businesses they owed money to 5p in the pound cos they were skint. If Ip.... were so great why did they end up in Administration. I''ll tell you why cos they paid out stupid amounts of money for players to give themselves a good season in the Prem and then a poor season which saw them relegated. This then culminated in an Administration order being placed on the club followed by the poor return for businesses. Try telling all those firms that are still owed thousands that Ip.... done really well in signing Stewart and how fantastic they are. And remember it is people like you and me that work for these firms that are not getting their money. Yes Ip.... will probably finish higher than us this year especially if we do not capatilise on the start we have had but there again we are getting used to that so there will be no difference there but please dont tell me what a great well run club they are because they signed certain players cos as far as I''m concerned the whole situation stinks and if they get promotion this year then the whole system is unjustified in my opinion.

Lets rub their noses in it next weekend with a 3-0 victory.

at the end of the day the signing of marcus stewart got them in the prem. how they spent there money from then on conspired to get them relegated ( ha, ha!!!).to let crouch and hucks go when they have contributed so much to get us to the summit is sheer madness. not only have they been exciting to watch but they have given us the steel to win matches that we lacked at the start of the season where will the excitement come from now and more importantly the goals!? shall we all look at the new stand and see if that will get us promoted. we will never have a better chance even hucks would have dropped his wages what more do they want.
i hate the scum up the road and hope they bring back andy marshall for the day come on city never mind the danger also hope we stuff cardiff on sat

Regarding Strikers:

subject to a medical, Leon Mackenzie will be signing a three and a half year deal with City. no amount has been revealed about the fee involved.

Regarding the team:

City are giving a trial to Ipsh*t midfielder Danny Bloomfield who is out of contract with Ipsh*t. Bloomfield is an England under19 international. If he''s good and manages to impress, I''m sure we can forget who he used to play for.

Just thought I''d offer up the info I have found out...