Sign in to follow this  
CHIRPING CANARY

Tilson,Grayson,Parkinson or Pulis?

How about spicing things up a tad by doing this hangman style with my supplying one letter at a time for my preference?

Here we go -- I

Look at the table....PULIS. Seems people are muttering about his style of football, personally i don''t give a toss what style we play at the moment so long as we score more times than the opposition.

Er, what planet are you on?
How is Tilson "tactically very naive"?

If by that you mean the Championship was a step too far last season then remember most of our regular team were playing 4th division football 18 months before the start of last season!  The step up in quality was bound to catch some of them out at some point.  Once everybody settled down we were a far better team (think for the 2nd half of the season we were easily mid-table), remember we don''t have the resources to punt stupid money at guys like (over-rated in my opinion) Lee Croft!

Tilson sets his teams to play a defined style of football.  He doesn''t tend to tinker with the way they play depending on who the opposition is like a lot of other managers.

He has flaws, I''m in no way saying he''s perfect, namely not knowing when to make key substitutions and putting 11 back for corners (a ProLicence student speciality!)