Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

The psychology of our club

The psychology of our club has been entirely mixed up during the 11 years or so under the private ownership of Delia Smith.

And ain''t that the truth.

Anybody like to start exploring my proposition?

OTBC

[quote]

The psychology of our club has been entirely mixed up during the 11 years or so under the private ownership of Delia Smith.

[/quote]

Well, if you can''t be bothered why should we ?  Seems to me that it''s only glass-ceiling brigade that think that Delia Smith is responsible for our decline.  The rest of us seem to think that the board act as any other board of directors do.  As a team.  Odd that.

Now now Blah that was a very dismissive post that was hardly worthy of the prompt to start an intellectual debate.

Firstly I would say that bringing in the "glass ceiling" concept out of context does seem to demonstrate your own psychological hang ups, that maybe arise from a feeling of having been passed over in the past.

This in turn would lead onto an explanation of your own adoration of the matriarchal figure of delia, and a need to have "Mummy" make everything alright.

I suspect that you are prepared to put up with mismanagement and financial ruin rather than see "Mother", the abrupt arrogant father figure (MWJ), the smarmy clever elder brother (ND), or kindly old grandfather (RM) leave the family home.

Oh I will need longer to examine the excellent concept of what has gone wrong with the psychology of the club.

[quote]Firstly I would say that bringing in the "glass ceiling" concept out of

context does seem to demonstrate your own psychological hang ups, that

maybe arise from a feeling of having been passed over in the past.[/quote]Face old bean, you do make me laugh.  I have no such hang ups, but thanks for your concern.  Do you charge by the hour ?  I am in need of a cod-psychologist, maybe we can meet ?  I am merely pointing out that Bly and indeed others on here that have been consistently knocking Mrs Smith for a prolonged period of time, rather than the management team, tend to prefer women to be in their place, and have stated as such on numerous occasions on this board.I agree that this thread could have merit, if only the author of the first post could be bothered to expand on his initial idea.

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

OTBC

[/quote]

We lost our identity when Smith took control...and ever since we have been adrift not really knowing what or who we represent anymore.

It''s an identity crisis spiralling out of control....with a divided fan base. There is only one certain answer to the problem....but she ain''t letting go.

The psychology of any Club is it''s supporters and the fact we have had so many drawn out farces in front of full houses says it all.

Someone once told me the Norfolk Regiment was used to hold positions in warfare after more aggresive troops had taken them as they would tolerate all manner of attrition, not necessarily in a stoic way but because they would just carry on and not see it as their place to complain.

I am a Norfolk man of long lineage but don''t have the usual attributes as there are exceptions to every rule.

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote]

[/quote]

Well, if you can''t be bothered why should we ? 

Seems to me that it''s only glass-ceiling brigade that think that Delia Smith is responsible for our decline.  The rest of us seem to think that the board act as any other board of directors do.  As a team.  Odd that.
[/quote]

Equality and teamwork. Wonderful buzzwords favoured by..............(you fill in the space) 

The NCFC board as a team is about as good as our current rabble on the field. And a team is as good as it''s leader - or did you think they aere all equal.

Since DWJ ''shattered the glass ceiling'' we are all still being showered with her splinters (equally disributed to all).

Who are the ''rest of us'' - those imbued with the community spirit of this privatel held club.

You don''t challenge me to make the effort. Let''s see what others say.

Ever heard of Socrates?

OTBC

Thought the colour guide would make it easier[:)]

Can anything have an active psychology - which I thought was the study of behaviour?   Surely is the philosphy of the club we should be studying?   I am sure some docs could answer this for me...

Maybe a psychiatrist would be better for most of us on here?!?

Seems to me Rudolph that troops holding their positions while tolerating all manner of attrition are demonstrating that they are stoic. Unlike the 20,000+ turning up at Carrow Road, where all manner of grumbling and complaining is likely going on around the ground. I believe the point you have made on numerous occasions in the past was that people should stay away if they want to help bring about change.

If I promise to work on my stanzas will you do likewise with your examples and vocabulary?