Sign in to follow this  
Hartsons Gut

They are taking their time for a reason, now get off their backs.

I will actually stick up for the board on this occasion. Why are they taking their time? Simple, this is the worst mess that this club has ever been in and they WANT TO GET IT RIGHT.

They have got it wrong too many times in the past, Megson, Deehan, Hamilton, Rioch, Grant and you could say Worthington. We have not had a good manager since Walker. If they get this choice wrong it spells disaster. Can you imagine another Hamilton or Grant?

If they rushed to get a new guy and we plummeted down to league 1 everyone would be up in arms and call for demonstrations. If they get it right by taking their time then they will become heroes.

They obviously are taking this very seriously and want to make up for their wrongs in the past. I dont think we will be upset this time with the guy who gets the job.

COME ON GUYS AND SUPPORT THE BOARD AND DONT PUT THIS PRESSURE ON THEM.

Just a wee point-

If they take too long in deciding the new man and we plummet down to league 1 as a result fans will be up in arms too.

Its a fine line

[quote user="Terminate the ipswich "]

I will actually stick up for the board on this occasion. Why are they taking their time? Simple, this is the worst mess that this club has ever been in and they WANT TO GET IT RIGHT.

They have got it wrong too many times in the past, Megson, Deehan, Hamilton, Rioch, Grant and you could say Worthington. We have not had a good manager since Walker. If they get this choice wrong it spells disaster. Can you imagine another Hamilton or Grant?

If they rushed to get a new guy and we plummeted down to league 1 everyone would be up in arms and call for demonstrations. If they get it right by taking their time then they will become heroes.

They obviously are taking this very seriously and want to make up for their wrongs in the past. I dont think we will be upset this time with the guy who gets the job.

[/quote]

Good post with the exception of naming Worthington as a bad choice of manager.  Please lets not forget that although he got a lot wrong post relegation he also did a lot of things right.

can they be trusted to get it right this time. as you said they have got it wrong nearly every time they appoint a manager.

if they take to much more time we could be bottom of the league, then its going to be a season of relegation fight. if its not already.

Im not saying that he is a bad manager, I simply said you could say he was a bad manager. This meant that if you took all the bad points into consideration, but as there were alot of good times i would say he is an average manager.

You can look at it both ways really. If you just remember him for the bad times, then you would say he is a bad manager. If you rememeber him for the good times then you could say he was good. I remember him for both, so i believe that he was average. Still not as good as Walker.  

I dont think the board will take much longer and I agree if it goes on another two weeks then we are doing damage, but within the next week i think would be good.

[/quote]

The trouble is TTI that the vast majority of this work should have been done 4-6 weeks ago when it was already looking like we would need a new manager.                                   A common problem with this board is that it is re-active as opposed to pro-active. I don''t know how many interviews they have conducted but there should be no need for any more than 3-4. When I employ somebody I very rarely know the details of their past performance and so need to gain some insight into the person during the application interview, this is not so with the applicants for a football managerial vacancy - everything is already in the public domain and their characters are easily checked via players they have managed.

The bottom line is they should have drawn up a list of candidates they wanted to take over, narrowed it down to 2 or 3, added 1 or 2 if neccessary from applicants they were not expecting and then moved on. From the list of 4 or 5 they could easily have checked availability via a direct phone call (or via a "close friend" if you prefer) and then interviewed those that expressed a desire to come to the club.

Should have taken no longer than a week from the time PG left the club to introducing his successor.

Mark .Y.      

[/quote]

Sense, logic, reason.

You have no place on this board! [:)]

There is taking time, then there is taking the pish.

The international lay off would have been perfect for the new man to come in andd work on the team before the next game.

They should have made a very short list, and then head hunted there man.

Instead they are messing around interviewing every man and his dog,and it seems now, there so affraid of getting it wrong it is debilitating them .

They are incapable of making a choice, its draged on to long, but for what its worth, unless they make real investment in january, it might not matter who we get in.

I only hope they realise that should we go down, this club may never recover.

If they think money is tight in the championship, well then div 1 will criple the club, and then we will see the board leave like rats deserting the ship they sunk.

[quote user="the1englishman"]

The international lay off would have been perfect for the new man to come in andd work on the team before the next game.

Instead they are messing around interviewing every man and his dog,and it seems now, there so affraid of getting it wrong it is debilitating them .

They are incapable of making a choice, its draged on to long, but for what its worth, unless they make real investment in january, it might not matter who we get in.

If they think money is tight in the championship, well then div 1 will criple the club, and then we will see the board leave like rats deserting the ship they sunk.

[/quote]

Who says that they didnt have a short list, but all the possibilties were not interested or had commited to other clubs? Im sure that before Grant left that they had people in mind.

If the board had a short list they were not going to publish it in the newspaper and say "here is our short list", that would be stupid.

They are fully aware of the implications that there would be if we get relegated, which is why this appointment is so important. Lets support the guys this time.

[quote user="Terminate the ipswich "][quote user="the1englishman"]

[/quote]

Who says that they didnt have a short list, but all the possibilties were not interested or had commited to other clubs? Im sure that before Grant left that they had people in mind.

If the board had a short list they were not going to publish it in the newspaper and say "here is our short list", that would be stupid.

They are fully aware of the implications that there would be if we get relegated, which is why this appointment is so important. Lets support the guys this time.

[/quote]

Just how many chances do they deserve ?

They have had chance after chance to invest in football, they choose not to.

There is no reson to beleave they will do anything different to the last few drop outs we have had since walker.

They are not and never will be football orientated.

If they had stuck more money into football the last few years, we would long since be a permanent team in the premiership.

They missed there chance, and now it is going to be just about impossible under there guidence, they lack the vision and spirit to take a risk and go all out for promotion.

I would rather we done a leeds than fade away to div 1 or 2.

At least they tryed, something we havnt done since the chase days.

[/quote]

Spot on!  No news could be good newsWe know from the media that Paul Jewell is contractually obligated not to join another club prior to the 1st November.  This presumably means he cannot sign any new contract before this date.  Therefore, IF it was to be him the board could not make an announcement until he had actually signed.  Also, we know that Steve Bruce is due to have one-to-one talks with his new club owner after their game on Saturday.  Consequently, IF it was going to be him the board would also not be in a position at present to make an announcement.  I may be dreaming, but I still think that by not having heard anything yet, there is still hope it could be either of these two. 

Lets get this straight. We are meant to be in 20 million pounds worth of debt, so how were they meant to plough all this money into the club?

Leeds survived, JUST may i add thanks to a man called Mr Bates. Leeds were giants, which helped them to get someone to save them. If we faced the same situtation i dont think that anyone would come to our rescue, do you?

I too am dissapointed with the managers since Walker, but we cant compete money wise and that is a fact that we must accept. Too many people at this club are expecting too much. Obviously you expect more than the bottom 3, but when you have Watford, Wolves, West Brom, Charlton and Southampton in our league it is so hard.

Just think about it.

Lets get this straight. We are meant to be in 20 million pounds worth of debt, so how were they meant to plough all this money into the club?

Leeds survived, JUST may i add thanks to a man called Mr Bates. Leeds were giants, which helped them to get someone to save them. If we faced the same situtation i dont think that anyone would come to our rescue, do you?

I too am dissapointed with the managers since Walker, but we cant compete money wise and that is a fact that we must accept. Too many people at this club are expecting too much. Obviously you expect more than the bottom 3, but when you have Watford, Wolves, West Brom, Charlton and Southampton in our league it is so hard.

Just think about it.

[/quote]

You miss the point, they had there chance to compete, when we got promoted, what did they do ?

They budgeted for relegation.

Good god, now thats ambition.

Had they shown some gumption and maybe invested in football, we would not be here in this situation.

Yet you want to constantly trust them ?

I think they have had as much trust as they deserve, and rightly so, peoples trust is running out, or has run out.

What makes you think, after years of getting it wrong, they are suddenly going to get it right, because they know how important it is ?

That mate, is called being naive.

Best intentions matter not, when all they do is bugger it up.

[quote user="the1englishman"]

[/quote]I agree 100 percent with this. If you read the pinkun headline is says even the players want the situation resolved.

Some very good comments on this thread actually.

As somebody who has a lot of respect for the past achievements of Norwch City, you lot are right, this decision is probably one of the most important in the club''s history.  You cannot afford to keep freefalling, look at what''s happened to Bradford City (& to a lesser extent Swindon Town & the Mk Donuts) after their failed Premiership exploits!

[/quote]

GET IT RIGHT!?!

So will you be pleased that it would''ve taken so much time to appoint Parkinson when they finally announce it?

I expect you''re one of those naive buggers who believed the Board were hanging on for the likes of Bruce or Jewell.

The gullibility of fans such as yourself is highly embarrassing for the realist supporters.

The NCFC board are as much use as a Honey bee with Hay fever.

The Chief Exec ? Words fail me.....

Delia Dallies and her cohorts - are losing the plot and have been extracting the urine from the fans . Anywhere outside of Norfolk, and at any other club or business - they would have been out on their ear.

It''s my personal opinion, and I refuse to be swayed by the drivel and sanctimonius and patronising pap including the rancid guff that is consistently churned out - and has been for the duration of their time in orifice!

If folk wish to accept that they are the steady eddy gaggle of gimmicks that should continue to control all that is NCFC.....fine. I just beg to differ.......

We''ve got more suckers than are counted on a Octopus census.

Get shot of the lot! 

Ok then Terminate Worthy was an average manager was he, in that case i bloody well hope they find us another average manager this time, i could do with a play-off final and a title to cheer me up.