Sign in to follow this  
hockeymyhero

bryan gunn on talk sport

This is a quote from mr gunn 9am , " THE LADS HAVE PUT IN TWO GREAT PERFORMANCES UNDER DUFFY " i think this says it all about  OUR great club , those in charge however tempory are clearly willing to accept poor or very average performances as the norm ,  At least lets hope the board now realise duffy and gunny must not be allowed to stay on.      On a previous post i stated its time we played for 90 minutes not 10 ,15 ,20 or 60 so at least we give ourelves a chance of success ..........COME ON CITY

What is Gunn doing coaching the side anyway.  What a shambles.

As for Duffy - Would someone please get this failure out of our club, he seems to have the gift of the gab like Grant and our Boardroom of idiots look like falling again for his soundbites.

Duffy''s managerial record is AWFUL.  SACK THIS INEPT IDIOT!!

Just shows that the Mitchell brothers (particularly the sidekick Gunn) shoud be shown the door asap - legend or no legend!

Unfortunately due to the lack of coaching staff now on the books I can just see Gunn landing a role with the new manager. If I were in charge comments like he made this morning would certainly debar him from any such role.  

[quote user="hockeymyhero"]

This is a quote from mr gunn 9am , " THE LADS HAVE PUT IN TWO GREAT PERFORMANCES UNDER DUFFY " i think this says it all about  OUR great club , those in charge however tempory are clearly willing to accept poor or very average performances as the norm ,  At least lets hope the board now realise duffy and gunny must not be allowed to stay on.      On a previous post i stated its time we played for 90 minutes not 10 ,15 ,20 or 60 so at least we give ourelves a chance of success ..........COME ON CITY

[/quote]

We have played a little better under Duffy, only a little better though.....still no where near good enough.  We need a permanent successor in now so he can identify his transfer targets and assess the shambles he has to work with.  No good appointing in January becuase it just wont give the new guy enough time.

Especially harsh words ref. Bryan Gunn though.  Leave the bloke alone, he has given everything for this club and this city.  He is out of his depth at the moment but I am sure that even he will agree that.

Bryan Gunn was a decent keeper and a good playing servant of this club  BUT  we are now talking about saving this club from even more failure  ,  we need  a manager and a team of coaches who know what the hell they are doing  [not jobs for the boys ]  as soon as possible ............

It is worth remembering that Bryan gunn (lovely bloke that he is) was a Commercial Manager a few months ago, responsible for entertaining local businesses and getting in sponsorship.

Unlike other footballers (Fleck, Adams, Gordon etc etc) he showed no interest in coaching, apart from a little work with the goalkeeping course a couple of times a year. Even then he did little compared to the other coaches.

All of a sudden he leapfrogs all the coaches at the Academy with their qualifications.

So what next from our illustrious leaders?  Richard Gough (Customer Services Manager) as Assistant, and Will Hoy (Brand Manager) as Physio?

Why are such awful decisions just accepted by fans and media alike?

How is Gunn a legend anyway, he is third in pecking order behind Keelan and Woods in city''s best keepers in my book. The guy is talking out of his Arris and is part of what is wrong at Carrow Road. He should go back to showing people where their tables are in the hospitality suite.

[quote user="ricky knight"]How is Gunn a legend anyway, he is third in pecking order behind Keelan and Woods in city''s best keepers in my book. The guy is talking out of his Arris and is part of what is wrong at Carrow Road. He should go back to showing people where their tables are in the hospitality suite.[/quote]What about Robert Green england''s number 1 keeper. Gunn is not a legend just an ex player in my book.

[quote user="ricky knight"]How is Gunn a legend anyway, he is third in pecking order behind Keelan and Woods in city''s best keepers in my book. The guy is talking out of his Arris and is part of what is wrong at Carrow Road. He should go back to showing people where their tables are in the hospitality suite.[/quote]

Spot on Ricky. His comments (as the original poster intimated) reveal the glaring decline in acceptable  standards of the ''football dept'' at NCFC. The Premiership season was treated as ''just a one off'' and ''just a bit of fun'' with Worthy being almost showered with congratulations after the Craven Cottage murder.

Excuse afer excuse after excuse has since followed as the standard of football has fallen more quickly than the Berlin Wall.

Gunn is in the dug out for reasons that have eveything other than to do with football i.e. he is a mate of Duffer.

It is worth remembering that Bryan gunn (lovely bloke that he is) was a Commercial Manager a few months ago, responsible for entertaining local businesses and getting in sponsorship

He wasn''t very good at that either!

[quote user="ricky knight"]How is Gunn a legend anyway, he is third in pecking order behind Keelan and Woods in city''s best keepers in my book. The guy is talking out of his Arris and is part of what is wrong at Carrow Road. He should go back to showing people where their tables are in the hospitality suite.[/quote]

And to think it is you who constantly harps on about Chase and the so called wonder years, just remind me again who was between the sticks during that period!

Gunn was a great goalkeeper and a fantastic servant for the club.  He is out of his depth at the moment agreed, but in no way deserving of such a battering. 

jimmy500 why does every ex player have to be a legend, very good keeper but behind, Keelan and Woods imo, as for management material, come on even you can see that aint going to work, so what are you actually having a pop about, just because i said the man is not a legend or is there something i have missed.

[quote user="ricky knight"]jimmy500 why does every ex player have to be a legend, very good keeper but behind, Keelan and Woods imo, as for management material, come on even you can see that aint going to work, so what are you actually having a pop about, just because i said the man is not a legend or is there something i have missed.[/quote]

I am not saying he is a legend either.  A very good keeper in his day and a great servant to the club. 

My gripe is that I have read a lot of nasty and excessivly critical comments regarding Bryan Gunn this week and I quite simply don''t think it is fair or justified.  Apologies if it appears I singled you out but I am afraid it just boiled over.

Mind you though, as a pro wrestler I am sure you are big and ugly enough to take it.

[quote user="ricky knight"]jimmy500 why does every ex player have to be a legend, very good keeper but behind, Keelan and Woods imo, as for management material, come on even you can see that aint going to work, so what are you actually having a pop about, just because i said the man is not a legend or is there something i have missed.[/quote]

Absolutely...and behind Kennon and Nethercott too....

Gunn was simply fodder to placate the restless fans....and just another cynical ploy to seek approval.  He was a decent enough keeper...but not a genuine legend by any stretch.

Hear Hear Jimmy500 (excepting the wrestler bit - not gonna get involved in that stuff!)

Its sad that such a significant element of the "support" seem to only find satisfaction in assasinating the characters of those who are committed servants and/or influences to/on the club..

Still, each to their own - whatever flicks the switch to keep the poisonous small mindedness churnig out.... and thus maintaining their contentment. 

Personally I''d rather get behind those who are at least making the effort to make a positive contribution to salvage something from what is left of our season.

Its a pity that being constructive is a quality is such short supply amongst this fraternity - perhaps they should consider getting out more.....

Bryan Gunn has earned the right not to be slagged off by a man in a leotard et al.

He is clearly trying to work on team morale and has a special place in this Club.

Why must some of you self destruct our pride and history?

Gunny IS a legend for various reasons; his playing and his work for leukemia. But he is never a coach . Never. So any suggestion that he should be is rubbish.

Phil Parkinson will get the job. Nailed on.

We MUST keep Bryan Gunn at this club. Just give him another position to work for Norwich City. He had good relationship with many people around football and it''s very useful to us.

If the board decide to make Bryan disappear, then the board should disappear first!!!

GPB

So there you have it my hairy chum, get Gunny back to schmoozing in the Gunn Club of a Saturday afternoon, give Goss the bullet and the jobs a goodun?

But oh bearded one there is one fatal flaw in all of this, what the hell are we going to do? Make no mistake if they give the job to Parkinson then Ram Meadow’s gates will swell by three more that’s for sure.

Perhaps if he does find his way back to the club carrying his name he could find some trays that take more than one plate at a time or plates small enough to fit on the trays?  Once that’s done he could find a way to make sure they don’t run out of Wherry by 1 o’clock and maybe, just maybe, to stop doing the interview with somebody we have no interest in listening to at the very same time we get

“Turnstile operators the time is now 1.30, the grewund iz new oh-pun”

Thought not!

Keep the faith…………………………………..

[quote user="XXL16"]

We MUST keep Bryan Gunn at this club. Just give him another position to work for Norwich City. He had good relationship with many people around football and it''s very useful to us.

If the board decide to make Bryan disappear, then the board should disappear first!!!

[/quote]

Why? Norwich City FC does not owe him a living.

After 20 years as a pro footballer I would say he is not doing too badly...

[quote user="hockeymyhero"]

[/quote]the home game wasnt a poor preformance, so you obviously wernt there, i cant account for the away loss, but we where unluky at home under duffy,

[quote user="NEIL CLUCKCASTER"]

Gunn was simply fodder to placate the restless fans....and just another cynical ploy to seek approval.  He was a decent enough keeper...but not a genuine legend by any stretch.

[/quote]

WTF??? Gunny is definitely a 100% legend. End of!! Oh & I''d have him before Woods any day.

i have nout against Gunn in fact i have raised money for his charity through my wrestling in a leotard, i just dont happen to think he is a legend, or for that matter management material if that upsets you luvvies, then so be it.

[quote user="NEIL CLUCKCASTER"]

[/quote]

Absobluddylootly .... and don''t forget Ken Oxford too....

Nobody born after 1980 could possibly have seen a genuine legend play for Norwich.

Gunn? 477 games for Norwich, 2 Barry Butler awards, outstanding in goal during our best ever league season and through our great Europeon matches, great ambassador for the club and city and ex sheriff of Norwich. Just an average player really [:|]

lol NN. you have proved just how much of a legend Gunny is with that post.

he''s what 4th??? 5th??? place in the all time appearence makers list...

20 years down the line people will be saying how Iwan Roberts wasnt a legend.. or how Hucks was just another face to play for the club.. or that Malky Mackay was an un-coordinated plodder who hoofed it out of the back regulalry and was always brining players down due to his lack of pace.... oh.. wait.... :|

jas :)