Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

THEY are waiting UNTIL Duffy wins a game....

Then they will appoint him, especially if that game is the Scum game!.

With no doubt, Dublin as his assistant, a man I might add, with zero experience in management. But he''s here already, and he''s cheap.

Duffy was given two games to improve things, although he''s been around for nearly a year! now Mr Munby refuses to deny that Duffy won''t still be here in charge for the binners game!.

That as transparent as it gets, they are also scared stiff to announce Duffy''s appointment before a televised game because of the adverse publicity it would create with protests that would surely follow such a suicidal appointment.

The board all know that Duffys got the job, Duffy knows he''s got the job, the only poor sods who don''t know are of course ................the fans!.

Duffy wont be the new manager, trust me. Wizard we need to be patient, read my post.

You are being so negative. They will make the right choice, im sure.

I dont buy this, the board will be very very aware that the fans do not want to see a failed managers No.2 take over full time.   Maybe, just maybe he might have been in the running with 2 wins over Bristol and Burnley but he has zero chance no.Sounds like the board have made their choice and now we are just waiting to find out who.    I am 100% confident that it will not be Duffy, so much so that I am willing to donate my new copy of Pro Evo 2008 to a charity shop if they do appoint him [:s]

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

With no doubt, Dublin as his assistant, a man I might add, with zero experience in management. But he''s here already, and he''s cheap.

Duffy was given two games to improve things, although he''s been around for nearly a year! now Mr Munby refuses to deny that Duffy won''t still be here in charge for the binners game!.

That as transparent as it gets, they are also scared stiff to announce Duffy''s appointment before a televised game because of the adverse publicity it would create with protests that would surely follow such a suicidal appointment.

The board all know that Duffys got the job, Duffy knows he''s got the job, the only poor sods who don''t know are of course ................the fans!.

[/quote]

Not a bad theory. I believe the board were banking on Duffer getting 4 points from his 2 games thus giving them good reason to appoint him. 3 relegations in 3 managerial club spells is Duffys history-hardly the type we need at the minute.

[/quote]

Wiz, i cannot believe this would ever happen, as it would alienate even the most optimistic supporter as myself, and the board would end up with 24,000 cluck and smudgers, as if this happened I would declare my allegence firmly to them on this one!

But I cannot believe anyone would be as stupid to alienate every CUSTOMER (i dont like to see it this way, but it is how they see it) in one fell swoop, when they know if they got a Jewell or even a Martin Allen, they would have us onside for sometime.

Even our board, under pressure from MP''s and all fans, would not be insane enough to appoint Duffy.  Dublin as number two to someone new maybe.

Get a grip.

[/quote]

Put it this way-

Should they appoint Duffy- I may go as far as to say if he is still in charge for Ipswich after our inevitable defeat to West Brom tomorrow- they probably wont be happy surrounded by 25,000+ supporters with torches and pitchfork.

Maybe thats the answer!

Hostile mutiny by the fans!!!

[/quote]

I''ve got a horrible feeling you''re right Wiz, either that or they''re totally f****** incompotant.

well we know Duffer has tommorow.. and possibly the scum game next week...

that would make 4 games in charge... the board are no doubt counting Brizzol City and Burnley as an "improvement". and if we could come away with a draw tommorow (which is unlikely) then they would use that as an excuse to say "duffy got it right today".

That then of course sets up the big one... Infront of Sky cameras... Sky will no doubt be saying how Duffy could do his prospects the world of good with a victory against Ipswich.

the board will be crossing everything in hope.. id expect a TV appearence from Delia, spouting crap as normal. If we beat Ipswich the fans will be delightyed.. a win against the old enemy is always sweet no matter who''s in charge... They would then come out and say "we have beaten Ipswich, onwards and upwards, Duffy is the man" and hand him the job thinking the fans will forgive everything because of a win over the scum...

It might sound rediculuos but look at it in principal.... A win over the scummers would, in the boards eyes, paper over the cracks and give them all the fuel they need for the fire... Infront of the watching Nation.

jas :)

Not only that jas, but just why are they parading their puppet at a fans forum in the backwater of Diss? they were testing the water to judge a reaction from a small cross section of the fans, thats why?.

There was no other reason for him to be there, any other club coach could have answered the supporters queries, no, it was a full dress rehearsal before the intended press announcement

Though I have only two posts ( including this). I have been a Norwich City supporter man and boy.

I am sick to the teeth that it has taken us weeks to find a manager of suitable calibre.

Bolton have managed to get Megson (suitable in question there I know), but we still are dragging our heels appointing someone.

Why can''t we be more proactive?? The board are too scared to appoint anyone another catastrophe similar to Grant would destroy the few supporters they have left.

To use an analogy get off the pot if you don''t intend to ......

Excuse the poor grammar the hammering at St Andrews Beer Festival has taken it''s toll.

Personally, I don''t see a problem with the board appointing Duffy. As long as the board then immediately resign en-masse. Then the new board sacks Duffy - and brings in Jewell.

OINK! OINK! WHOOOSH.......!!!

[quote user="Snakepit boys"]Wiz you are talking a complete load of piffle! They will not appoint Duffy.  I very much doubt the one they do appoint will be much better though!!

[/quote]

Snakepit my friend.. it was only last week that you were bemoaning the fact that bet365 was closed and unable to take your house on Duffy getting the job. I think you are a rather fortunate young man that they wouldn''t take your money as you now believe it''s a load of piffle.

We would still love to see you on the free bet fred which of course is never closed. [;)] (''cept now... cuz blah couldn''t wait.. bless him)

yellowngreen, you are just a newbie with 30 posts so your thoughts mean nothing..

And i thought that was what the muppets were striving for

Out with the old in with the new!!!!!

[quote user="yellowngreen"]

yellowngreen, you are just a newbie with 30 posts so your thoughts mean nothing..

[/quote]

You said that, and who am I to argue with you?.[:|]

[quote user="Terminate the ipswich "]

Duffy wont be the new manager, trust me. Wizard we need to be patient, read my post.

You are being so negative. They will make the right choice, im sure.

[/quote]

I agree,Duffy wont be given the job. But im not to sure about them making the right choice!