Sign in to follow this  
InLambertWeTrust!

Safri....

according to the virgin media highlights... he still plays for norwich lol

im sure when simon lappin takes a throw the commentator says ''safri with this throw for norwich'' .. positive!

[quote user="C.T "]

ive just seen safri has been sent off for southampton, it made me chuckle.

I wonder what reaction the ncfc crowd would have given him if hed been at norwich [:D]

[/quote]

come on, safri was a quality player here and wouldnt you leave for a bigger club if they wanted you.

ps. he shouldnt have been sent off, he barley touched the guy

[quote user="keiran womersley"][quote user="C.T "]

I wonder what reaction the ncfc crowd would have given him if hed been at norwich [:D]

[/quote]

come on, safri was a quality player here and wouldnt you leave for a bigger club if they wanted you.

[/quote] Bigger Club? WTF?

[/quote]

[/quote]

he was good but spent so much time injured i never thought we saw the total package. plus ramadan, whats that all about?

[/quote]

[/quote]No doubt Safri was good player on his day when he wasn''t ill/injured/unfit/tired etcWhat are you on about? Safri didn''t leave because he wanted to move to a bigger club (Southampton is a sideways move at best anyway) he left because Grant didn''t like him and ultimately forced him out the club.IMO Possibly the moment that grant ended up losing the team and ultimatly his job.

I doubt if this post will get past the mod''s because they''ll wrongly interpret as being racist - I''ll give it a go anyway:

It is my belief that employing a Muslim African, however good a player he might be, can prove to be a liability to any Championship club, or any club with a small and low in quality squad the likes of ours - the fact that they spend too much time out of a domestic season through Ramadan and the African Nations Cup certainly proved to be detrimental where are club was concerned - on top of the afforementioned, Safri, was also injury prone and missed at least a quarter of every season he played here - Southampton have a slightly larger squad than us, and some would argue that it''s a squad that possesses more quality to compensate for Safri''s absences, but I''m adamant that he will miss plenty of crucial matches for Southampton and  that he will also become as burdensome to them as he was to us.

Safri will now serve a two match suspension, go to the African Cup of Nations in January, with warm-up friendlies in December, and miss vital games through fasting come Ramadan.

If Peter Grant did one thing right during his tenure here, it was off-loading Safri.

why would they deem it racist - seems common sense that has been discussed on here a hundred times already.

[quote user="Shyster"]

I doubt if this post will get past the mod''s because they''ll wrongly interpret as being racist - I''ll give it a go anyway:

It is my belief that employing a Muslim African, however good a player he might be, can prove to be a liability to any Championship club, or any club with a small and low in quality squad the likes of ours - the fact that they spend too much time out of a domestic season through Ramadan and the African Nations Cup certainly proved to be detrimental where are club was concerned - on top of the afforementioned, Safri, was also injury prone and missed at least a quarter of every season he played here - Southampton have a slightly larger squad than us, and some would argue that it''s a squad that possesses more quality to compensate for Safri''s absences, but I''m adamant that he will miss plenty of crucial matches for Southampton and  that he will also become as burdensome to them as he was to us.

Safri will now serve a two match suspension, go to the African Cup of Nations in January, with warm-up friendlies in December, and miss vital games through fasting come Ramadan.

If Peter Grant did one thing right during his tenure here, it was off-loading Safri.

[/quote]

[quote user="UEA Canary"][quote user="keiran womersley"][quote user="C.T "]

[/quote]

[/quote]

No doubt Safri was good player on his day when he wasn''t ill/injured/unfit/tired etc

What are you on about? Safri didn''t leave because he wanted to move to a bigger club (Southampton is a sideways move at best anyway) he left because Grant didn''t like him and ultimately forced him out the club.IMO Possibly the moment that grant ended up losing the team and ultimatly his job.
[/quote]

true m8 but i still try to remember the premieleague season where he did boss the midfield, and his goal v newcastle. ye sos forgot about his cup of nations and fasting :)

[quote user="keiran womersley"][quote user="UEA Canary"][quote user="keiran womersley"][quote user="C.T "]

[/quote]

[/quote]No doubt Safri was good player on his day when he wasn''t ill/injured/unfit/tired etcWhat are you on about? Safri didn''t leave because he wanted to move to a bigger club (Southampton is a sideways move at best anyway) he left because Grant didn''t like him and ultimately forced him out the club.IMO Possibly the moment that grant ended up losing the team and ultimatly his job.[/quote]

true m8 but i still try to remember the premieleague season where he did boss the midfield, and his goal v newcastle. ye sos forgot about his cup of nations and fasting :)

[/quote]Well I didn''t say the fasting, he was always adamant that it didn''t effect him, but the cup of nations was always highly infuriating. If we could have got 30-40 games a season from him maybe he would have been consider more useful but then Grant never seemed willing to play him, even over the quite useless Hughes, like I say probably one of the big factors in Grants demise was the way he treated Safri.

[quote user="Shyster"]

[/quote]

I don''t think your comments are racist, however I do believe they are incorrect.

Around the time that Safri was being sold the usual argument regarding Ramadan was brought up by many as a reason for wanting rid of him. The mods managed to dig up some stats that showed that it was a complete myth that Safri regularly missed games due to Ramadan.

Maybe you didn''t see those stats which is why you still support the view that Safri missed games due to Ramadan but I find it hard to believe that everbody who still believes the myth missed them. Now I find myself asking why do people continue to believe in this myth when the facts clearly prove it to be just that....a myth. I''ve got my own views on why this is but I''m not sure this is really the place to be having such a discussion.

As I said, I don''t think your comments make you a racist but I do wonder why so many people are so willing to believe in the Ramadan myth when it has been proved to be factually incorrect. Why do you think this is?

I fully expect this thread to slip quietly off the board now and the next time Youseff Safri gets mentioned the same misleading comments about him missing games due to his religion will surface once more.

[quote user="yellowngreen"]silly question again ct[/quote]

And why is it such a silly question? It has provoked a discussion from other members of the forum. If it was really so ''silly'' they wouldnt have answered....

[quote user="Shyster"]

[/quote]

Ramadam finished two weeks ago, and I''m glad our midfield is a hotbed of competition...