Sign in to follow this  
Peter

What is my incentive?

Does anyone know what the club intends to do to provide an incentive to season ticket holders to allow their seats to be used when they are not going to attend matches.

I don''t know but ring the ticket office and then tell everyone here. You have touched on something dear to my heart. When our capacity was 16500 and we had 93% attendance, it meant that approx 1150 people could have gone to the game who were willing to pay the full price for the ticket. More enjoyment for them, extra atmosphere and of course more revenue for the club. Over £20,000 extra revenue for next to nothing on our part.

Why oh why do people, with tickets they are not going to use, not let the club know and let someone else use them.

Rant over

Thanks Pete, but £5 is not much of an incentive, when the club could get an additional £20+ for selling my seat. At that level I think I will just hold on to my ticket just in case I may decide to go, but seeing as more games will be televised on Sunday/Monday as I also subscribe to Sky and it costs me upwards of £20 travel expenses, City would be able to sell my seat if they were more generous.

Blacko, were you the guy that phoned up Niel Adams with the same rate last season ?

I agree to a certain degree what you are saying, but it is a view with not much thought.

If people buy a season ticket they are allowed to do with it what they like, perhaps you are right they should sell it back to the ticket office. But equally they are entitled to leave it empty they have paid for it and put that commitment in to allow them to make that decision.

And your comment about % capacity is naive. If you really think that when we had a 16,000 capacity there was 1100 seat empty in the home end you must need glasses. You are saying that on average 1 seat is empty for ever 16 full seats. No chance.

The reason the capicity was down was in most case the fault of the away fans, and the ability not to sell all the tickets.

Then you look at the new stand, we have a strip of netting that covers the whole section that divides the home and away support.

I am not saying that Norwich fans don''t turn up, but don''t try and tell me that its over 1000 a game. simply not true.

My rant over

It is a money thing - but more indirectly.

Its about many, many fans who would love to see the match and will not be able to - yet there will be empty seats on view.

Ideally we ought to try and "recycle" for all of the reasons stated. Thats good for the club too in more than just commercial terms. Its about community. For example, members - who have made a payment - can now only see 3 games for certain, and at premium prices, because of demand.

To tempt a season ticket holder with a fiver just ain''t going to work - why not set a price for short term returns at usual rates plus £5 - for the purchaser and reward the season ticket holder with , say £15 - in the form of a credit rather than cash.

£15 is less likely to be thrown away than £5 - which frankly is affordable to most people.

With the ground full those marginal seats will pull in extra ticket income (see above), programme money, refreshment money, possibly merchandise as well as building greater longer term loyalty.

Come on club, be more innovative and get the ground up to 99% full.