Sign in to follow this  
StevenageFan

Pongolle To Sign?

By Ricky Bilverstone
Date: 9/6/2004

Canary Corner understands that Norwich could be set to sign Liverpool star Florent Sinama Pongolle on a season long loan.

The 20 year old has been capped by France u21''s and was signed to partner Own back in 2003 but he has found it hard to hold down a first team place.

More to follow

what do we think about that?

Hadn''t realised this was old news.

Just read the following on Liverpool web site......

Norwich to go with the Flo?

Story by Chris Maxwell 9 June 2004

Premiership newcomers Norwich City are reported to be interested in securing the services of French prodigy Florent Sinama-Pongolle on a year-long loan from Anfield.

Having already brought Arsenal starlet David Bentley to the club for next season, the Canaries are keen to add the jet-heeled Liverpol striker to a pacy line-up already including Darren Huckerby.

With Djibril Cisse''s £14m arrival now imminent, incoming Reds manager Rafael Benitez may feel the 20-year-old former Le Havre striker would be best served gaining experience at Carrow Road.

Not gonna happen.Worthy won''t sign another forward on loan.

I think this would be an ace loan. From what I saw of him last season, he is super quick & gets brought down for penalties becuase of his pace. With Hux on the left, Bentley on the right, Pongo up the middle would be a a lightning spearhead attack!!

Remeber seeing him play in an under 17 game versus England at St. James Park back in 2001 the boy ruled and they one 4-0. Me an my mate went to the game on a glorious evening and when they scored the forth we stood up and applauded (cos they were bloody brilliant kids) and got a few hard stares from the geordie population. He would be a great signing if we did not already have a full complement of strikers I think worthy will look at elsewhere in the team for improvements.

Has to be said though he is dead fast and pace is crucial in the premier league but huckerby, bentley and of course Mr Mackay(!) can all provide this.

I think this Pongolle rumour smells a bit fishy. My nose detects a stinky agent somewhere trying to drum up a move. It hums to me. I suspect I will whiff many more rumours that reek of this in the near future.

no m8 im liverpool fan i am sure he wouldnt want to go to a poor club likle norwich! he would be looking to go to auxerre as part of the cisse deal of course just on loan! he is going to be a star and for him to go to norwich i feel you will burn him down and he would not be taught good things! dont reck you life son! go 2 a decent team! sorry norwich fans

hahahah, hwin knows that his sorry team are destined to be also rans next season, just like every other season since I was at school about 15 years ago.
Consistent underacheivers is an understatement. Seems money and large ground capacities can''t buy you league places.
Good luck replacing Heskey. Knowing Liverpool''s form they''ll sign an even bigger donkey.

And who scored the last ever goal in front of the old Kop? Jeeeeeeerrryyyyyyy!!!

Herb

Hey Hwin - speaking as a resident of the fine city of Liverpool are you a "proper" supporter or are you one of the glory boys? Seem to remember reading somewhere that it''s LIVERPOOL FC who attract the greatest majority of out of area supporters - not the Mancs!!!!

Stop living on past glories and put your money where your mouth is - let''s talk again at the end of the season! Oh, and get yourselves a manager while you''re at it - always helps to have one at the helm to lead the club - or are you content for all that "dirty" Thai money to do the talking????!!!!

Carl, why? Dont be a tw*t, I know its hard, we know about people like you, we had a lot of trouble with the Everton. So carl as a liverpool i take you expect you think you will win the league and everything else as you have history so you deserve it. Dont p**s in our garden and leave the wheels on our cars

If there''s one I thing I love about this message board, it''s the way how we all rally around with one strong and unified voice and crucify any poor bugger who puts a foot out of place in our patch - this guy Carl, that idiot from West Brom, even the Yankee Man in his own wind-up way...

We are Norwich and this is our board. Keep your Scouse prejudices to your own websites!

It''s just like being back in the Barclay... OTBC!

We need to bring in a midfielder or defender on loan not another striker or forward I think by prem rules we can only bring in two loans or something like that anyway

We have bentley,huckerby sven and leon now plus jarvis waiting for his chance

Liverpool reject?? No thanks... Anyyone signed by Houllier shouldnt be touched with a bargepole. As for Liverpool.... i can remember them when they were good... it was 1980.

lol calm down city fans i was messin hope pongolle comes and does well for your team !!! and you win al your games bar against liverpool GOOD LUCK CITY!!!! and get pongolle!!! tht better for u?

Alright, alright, calm down.

Do you wear a shell suit and have permed hair with a tache Carl?

And you can keep Pongolle (who?).

Beelsie, noticed the spelling mistake but at a point too late to change it, c''est la vie...

Noticed that Steven Gerrard has had a verbal transfer request turned down by Liverpule. Chelsea are determined to land him this Summer. Seems ickle Liverpule cant hold on to their best players... lol...

yer at least we have stars go back to the fizzy pop league next season when u get relegated l8az norwich fans!

Hi Carl

Are you the scouser who frequents our local. You know, the cross dresser with the typical fantastic scouse humour that we all really appreciate?

I always wondered how Liverpool was voted the city of culture! Carl must must have been chairman of the bidding commitee. lol.

Ho, hum! Leopards don''t change their spots then, carl! If we''re back in the bubbles league in 2005 then it won''t be through lack of trying...and if we get anything off your Gerrardless lot next season it will make life even sweeter...in fact, I feel more champagne bubbles coming on right now in anticipation. Nice to know you are such a positive set of fans on Merseyside. I''m sure your team appreciates it. Now will you please leave us poor, featherless budgies alone to contemplate our future demise and stock our England mini-fridges with Coke? Thank you!

yeah we will see who is a joke when liverpool come 2 carrow road next season! il be in with the away fans! and make sure the barcley no it!